Chapter 9

Neighbors

Chapter 9!

 

“Uncle we’re going now… Thanks for everything!”

 

“You’re welcome Hyo! And just tell my regards to your father okay. Tell him to try to visit me here when he’s not busy.”  

 

“Yes, uncle.”

 

I gave the old man a warm hug and looking back, I saw Yuri and Nickhun sitting in the boat waiting for us. As for Junho, he was standing beside me… holding my hand.

 

“Thanks again sir!” I heard him say to uncle Jaesuk. I smiled at him. I never even tried thinking of what the other lovebirds back in the boat would think. I felt light and happy and giddy… it’s been a while since I felt like this.

 

I could sense that Yuri was giving me the stare, as if asking what the heck happened as Junho and I were now sitting side by side very much closer than the previous days. I gave her a sheepish smile and she raised a brow. I shrugged for I knew that she will interrogate me once we got back to the hotel.

 

===============

 

Back at the hotel!

 

“Ayieeeeeeeeee! Hyoyeon-Junho sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G! haha:P”

 

“Shush! Lower your voice down Yul. They might hear you know… you’re really crazy!”

 

“You’re the one who’s crazy Hyo! It's only like yesterday when you want to kill me for inviting Junho here but now, it seems like you two are inseparable or should I say glued together.  So tell me the truth, what happened to you guys last night?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

Yuri then slumped down to the bed and was now facing me totally undeterred.

 

“Okay, okay, you win! He knows about Eunhyuk. I told him everything.”

 

“Really and what did he say?”

 

“What do you think he should say? Of course… he just… listened… he comforted me and…”

 

“And?”

 

“I asked him if he could help me forget. That’s all.”

 

“That’s all? THAT’s ALL?! So… what’s your label now?”

 

“Friends?”

 

“Pssh!”

 

“Okay, more than friends, less than lovers?”

 

“Eeeeh!!! It seems like a song, but wait, are you sure?”

 

I gave Yuri my questioning look.

 

“I mean, don’t you think that you’re taking this too fast. And he just agreed, that’s it?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Aigoo Hyo, you got to be careful… you just might hurt him in the end… are you sure you’re not giving him a false hope?”

 

“I’m not that kind of person Yul and you know that.”

 

“Then do you really like him?”

 

“He was likeable.”

 

“Are you sure you’re ready to date?”

 

“I want to try.”

 

“You know what; I’m feeling so uneasy with all of your answers. It all sounds unsure… Hyo, I know Junho is kind. But… I hope you’re not just mistaken his kindness for love…”

 

“I’m not Yul.”

 

“But really, Hyo… I really do hope that you’re really serious about this… ‘coz I don’t want you to have any regrets after this.”

 

I merely looked at my dear best friend and as much as I wanted to tell her straight that I was serious… a part of me seemed uncertain… and yeah, I am feeling this guilt of sort.

 

Two more days in Jeju. That night, when we got back to the town proper and right after dinner, he asked me to wake up early for he had planned something. Yuri and Nickhun didn’t mind for they were about to wreck dive the next day.

 

“So, are you ready?”

 

“Sure.”

 

Junho had been very caring. He would always take my hand while walking, and the giddiness that I felt grew by the minute. To be taken cared of… to feel extra special was something that I almost forgot feeling these past years but now… I am here, experiencing it all over again. Maybe, the idea to date Junho was not a bad thing.

 

“Here, taste this, I even cook this for you. Yuri told me that you like this.” I couldn’t take my eyes off him as he peeled the prawns for me.

 

“Junho… it’s ok, I can do it by myself.”

 

“No! From now on, I will serve you as my princess.”

 

I did not say a word. The way he looked at me… so sweet, full of affection… interest.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” He asked.

 

“I know I’m handsome, but you don’t have to stare, Hyo. All you see is yours, haha!”

 

“Hahaha, Pabo!”

 

“Here you go, and after this, I’ll take you somewhere… I know you haven’t been to that place and we have all day, remember?”

 

Junho hired another boat that took us to Jeongbang falls. We got lucky for the place was not crowded. Our boatman was preparing the food for us while Elmo and I swam. You can never really notice time while you’re here… I was having fun. And so does him.

 

The sun was out but the cool breeze was truly inviting. Junho and I tried to test who could swim the fastest and farthest but the sight of sea urchins underneath the clear waters scared the heck out of me. After a while, I decided to get out of the water and he followed.

 

I was drenched with saltwater but Junho did not care. From time to time, I would feel his soft kisses, either on my hair or my shoulder. I did not mind. He, getting a little bit comfy was part of the deal, I know it. God, Hyo, now you’re thinking like a woman who was simply playing with love.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

 

“Nothing. I’m just tired... maybe.”

 

“Feeling cold, wait, I’ll go get your towel.”

 

Seeing him being that way with me, I could not help but think, he was too kind… just too kind. Do I even deserve him?

 

He came back with a smile. With my back resting on his chest, I could feel his breath near my neck. Again, a soft kiss landed on my nape. I shivered and l looked to my side to see where the boat man went.

 

“Sorry.” He muttered.

 

“We are on our first day and you stole quite a lot of smooches young man.”

 

He chuckled but then I felt another kiss that landed on my left cheek.

 

“Stop, Junho. Too much PDA.”

 

“Then make me.”

 

With our faces too close… I could feel his hot, sweet breath. Looking into those lovely eyes made the butterflies in my belly flutter. He closed the gap and suddenly, I felt his soft lips owning mine.

 

 

****************

 

Hi guys! Now that my exams are over, i can finally concentrate in updating this story!!!! Yay me!😀👏

but for now, don't forget to Comment & Subscribe! 😉