Chapter 17

Neighbors

Chapter 17!

 

Fumbling for the key, I somehow managed to slowly place it in the lock and had the door opened. The room was dimly lit. I expected Junho to be sitting in the couch watching TV. I was wrong.

 

My eyes roamed and the first thing that I saw was the table and the food that was left untouched. Guilt ran over me… my heart sank.

 

I called him earlier saying that I would be home alright… but I wasn’t able to go home on time. Yes, my bad.

 

I tried sending him a message but the idea of me, failing him again, somewhat prevented me to do so. And when I finally mustered the strength to call, the phone’s battery was long gone.

 

I tread with heavy steps… for I knew that he was inside his room. I approached the door and turned the knob and saw him fast asleep. My heart sank even more.

 

“Hyo… you should’ve just cancelled it… you should’ve not made him wait for nothing…”

 

That was my inner voice.

 

He was sleeping soundly like an angel. I moved close and sat at the foot of the bed… after a few minutes, I approached him until I was sitting by his side… intently looking…

 

I leaned close so I could plant a soft kiss on his forehead. He wasn’t moving. Thinking of his efforts just to prepare everything, I knew how tiring the night has been for him.

 

I was about to stand up when I felt his hand on my wrist. I looked down and there he was… looking at me.

 

“You’re here….” His voice was low and for a second, I even thought that it was cracking… maybe, he had it bad when I didn’t show up or maybe… he even cried till he fell asleep… I don’t know what got in to me to think all these but knowing Junho, I… not showing up for dinner… affected him.

 

I paid him a soft smile. He was half-awake but then he asked me to join him in the bed.

 

He wanted me to explain, I know that too. He wanted me to start talking while he listens but I remained quiet.

 

“Baby…” I felt the sadness in his voice as we lay side by side. I moved so I could rest at the crook of his neck. I was again basking in a familiar scent that only he could give. I missed him. I really do.

 

“Hmm…” I responded and now, I felt his hands on my back, pulling me closer for a full embrace.

 

“I waited.” He said.

 

“I know and I’m sorry.” I answered.

 

“Where have you been?”

 

That question, the one that I was dreading to hear came like an arrow that purposely landed in my heart for I was guilty… despite the fact that I never intended to, the guilt crept up.

 

The first time, when I told him that I was busy with work when in reality, I was with Hyukjae… I knew it was wrong but then again, it was friendly.

 

And now… when I tried to go home and beat the time, with Hyukjae as my companion, my mind was trying to grasp the right words so I could deliver them with less guilt… but the more I try to find the right words, the more I choose to be sincere, the harder it is to tell the truth… for I never wanted to hurt Junho… I never wanted him to doubt me. Most importantly, I never wanted him to doubt us.

 

“A friend needed my help.”

 

“Fair enough, I guess.”

 

“Huh?”

 

 “If by any chance, that my dear girlfriend would keep me waiting, I would have wanted it to be for a good reason.”

 

“Baby…I-”

 

“Shusssh… I’m maybe a little sulky about this but if you really had to help someone… do I still have a say?”

 

I let out a soft laugh and I felt his lips on my hair.

 

“Why? Is there something funny?” He asked, this time, his voice sounded a bit cheerful.

 

“You just sounded like Yuri. ‘Do I still have a say?’ Really, baby, haha!”

 

“You never know babe, maybe the next time you showed up, I might know other phrases other than that because I keep on calling Yuri just to bug her to give me the recipe on how to make the perfect gravy for your chicken, haha!”

 

“You did that?”

 

“Yes babe, and if you keep on not showing up… I might as well hire Yuri to be my girlfriend. Haha!”

 

That deserved a slap in the arm. I heard him chuckle more. The mood became lighter.

 

“Hahaha, jealous?”

 

“No. You’re not Yuri’s style.”

 

“You never know babe, haha!”

 

“Junho, stop it, it’s not funny anymore.”

 

His embrace became tighter. Our faces were levelled now. His eyes had given me what I wanted to have this time… a sincere gaze… the gaze of a man whose love was so immense… you could almost melt into it.

 

“Sorry… I tried… I really tired to go home early.”

 

“It’s okay, just come here and let me kiss you, haha!”

 

And as I laughed anew, I closed the gap to reach for his lips. And while I know that the reason I gave him was arguably lacking… those were the only words that my lips found sincere… truthful.

 

It may not sit well to my other inner voice who told me- you lied again.

 

But my other inner voice… the one who understands… tells me- It’s okay, Hyo… you meant him no harm… you are just protecting him… you love him.

 

“I love you.”

 

I muttered under my breath. His look gave him away, for it was unexpected… maybe because in our three months of being together, we never exchanged those three, big words.

 

“I love you more… as in super.”

 

And he came crushing his lips on mine… coupled with undeniable desire… as his other hand slowly crept its way… seeking for yet another round of paradise.

 

 

**********

 

aww~ I really want to have a boyfriend like Junho!!! So sweet & understanding <3

btw, I'm really sorry for the late update I was having a swimming outing with my family today so please forgive me!

Comment & Subscribe!