Chapter 6

Neighbors

Chapter 6!

 

“Hyo! the sun is so beautiful right, haha!” Yuri said while looking at me.

 

I would have wanted to kill her alright, What right does she have to invite Junho here. I would have wanted to back out but my dad insisted.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Junho asked. Yup, he was sitting right beside me. We are expected to be in the same van for roughly 30 minutes.

 

“Ajusshi, are we still far from the hotel?” I remarked while trying not to see how Yuri stole glances. She even winked at me a couple of times, as if telling me that yes, her plan came out pretty well.

 

That prick.

 

“Ah, yes, I’m just having a little motion sickness can you move a little.” I said but Junho did not move a limb. And it’s like he’s teasing me even more, as he kept on asking me so many questions.

 

“Do you want some water Hyoyeon-sshi?”

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

“Do you know how to swim?”

 

Yes, questions of that kind had been ringing in my ears for almost half an hour already. I don’t know why he’s so talkative today. It irritates me a little.

 

“We’re here!” That was my dear best friend sending the good news.

 

“Finally.” I quipped.

 

A few more minutes passed and we reached our hotel rooms. Good thing that Yuri opted to book two and that she decided to stay with me.

 

“Yah! You owe me something.”

 

“Huh? Me? And what will that be? Didn’t I already agree with you that I will stay with you in this room even though my Khunnie is waiting for me in the other room?!”

 

“It’s the only right to thing to do okay. And do you think you made a right decision to invite Junho here. You didn’t even ask me beforehand, so you deserved it!”

 

“Tsk! Just admit that you’re just bitter, hahaha!”

 

“Oh my god! What did you say?!”

 

“Oh you heard me! hahaha”

 

Yuri and I… we are like sisters. As much as I wanted to hate her for certain things like bringing Junho to this trip…there was nothing that I could really do anyway… besides, having a cutie beside you for roughly thirty minutes…was kinda…inviting. Oh god, Hyo, get a hold of yourself!

 

================

 

The weather’s perfect. The sun’s up and it was not humid. We ended up renting a boat that would take us to several spots here in Jeju. Included in our itinerary were Baekrokdam Lake & Cheonjiyeon waterfall as well as the Halla mountain.

 

“I told you this place is beautiful Hyo! We should have gone here last year if not only because of your stubbornness.” Yuri expressed.

 

“Where here now okay so stop complaining.”

 

I was having my usual spat with Yuri when I noticed how he stole glances. He was seated at the opposite side facing me. I pretended not to see.

 

But what was that, really? Did I just notice that infamous smirk?

 

“Yuri… do I have something on my face?”

 

I whispered but Yuri seemed to be too busy with Nickhun, okay, I am the villain now, my fault. This was supposed to be their alone time. Lovesick lovebirds.

 

And there goes that infamous smirk again, “Really, Junho-sshi. Is there something funny?”

 

It was not supposed to be loud but apparently, he heard me,

 

“Nothing.” He quipped.

 

Looking down, I realized that my legs were kinda exposed  but what if I’m wearing this- I settled with this bandeau bikini and had my sarong on…should I even be covered? This .

 

I pretended to not even notice but his smirk had me alright, I could not even enjoy the ride to Baekrokdam Lake. For the first time in a long while, someone managed to make me feel uncomfortable and it was him.

 

=====================

 

Hyoyeon looked hot. Oh yes, she is. I could not refrain myself from stealing glances. But could you actually blame me? When before you were this lovely maiden who had supple fair skin? The temperature suddenly became humid.

 

She may have seen me glance for she whispered something to Yuri. And I could clearly see her disappointment when Yuri did not say anything back to her. Yeah, talk about lovesick lovebirds aboard this same boat, while I had to content myself with…yeah, stolen glances.

 

Baekrokdam Lake’s waters were serene. Seeing Hyoyeon wade through it as I watch from a distance, made me realize how beautiful she really looked. The way her body playfully created ripples had me mesmerized…

 

The more I looked and observed, the more I wanted to go near her. And right there, I took the plunge.

 

A bamboo raft was situated about a few meters from where she swam and as I could see her taking her soft, sweet spot in the raft. I followed suit.

 

“Hi, It’s pretty nice here right.”

 

 She smiled.

 

“Yeah. Come! Sit here.”

 

She offered and I went right back up to the raft and sat beside her.

 

For a few more seconds, we just had our feet drenched…we could see Yuri and Nickhun having fun…

 

“You and Yuri…you guys seemed close.”

 

“Yeah, like sisters.”

 

“But it just wonders me.”

 

She then looked at me…”Why?”

 

“Because you guys are really different from each other but I don’t mean it in a bad way okay. It’s just that she’s…”

 

“Don’t worry. I know. She’s cheerful, I’m grouchy. She’s playful & I’m boring. The list could go on really… and I’m aware of it.”

 

“Sorry…”

 

“Don’t be, I’m just stating the obvious... No need to say sorry.”

 

Silence took over and this silence… was something that I did not want to occur between me and Hyoyeon. I thought that she would say something but as I looked to my side… I noticed how she smiled seeing her friend happy… a genuine smile that speaks none of the boring, plain Hyoyeon that she claimed to be.

 

I was already satisfied sitting beside her… I was already having my moment with her… I knew that I offered friendship but her eyes seemed to be wanting… eagerly yearning for something else and how I wanted to be the one to keep that glow on her face. Give it to her even.

 

“Did you know that I was really happy once, Junho-sshi? That I was never really like this? Too bad you had to keep up with the present Hyoyeon.”

 

That statement came as a surprise.

 

“I don’t think it was that bad… you know, knowing the present Hyoyeon.”

 

She shifted her gaze from the lovebirds to me and I continued,

 

“It was still you, Hyoyeon-sshi, past or present, it’s still you… and who you really are is all I want to know.”

 

 

***************

 

Hi everyone! I know most of you are already very curious about Hyoyeon's past,

but don't worry because it will be revealed in a couple of chapter soon so just be patient!:)))

By the way, thanks for your comments! I really appreciate it!!^^

For my new readers, Don't forget to comment & subscribe!!! =)