Epilogue

Neighbors

Epilogue!

 

Dates, for how many times should I do this?

 

Waste of time, Junho. You know that.

 

Still, I went.

 

“Junho, please, she is educated, pretty, I'm sure you would love her...” That was my aunt Jihyun requesting.

 

Despite me disagreeing… with my mom throwing me a concerned look, I opted to go anyway.

 

The restaurant was half-filled with people. I actually chose this for I never wanted anything too formal for this supposed “date” Besides, for me, it wasn’t.

 

I went to look for So- eun, a commercial model-slash-fashion designer. I saw her once in a family gathering, therefore, I knew how she practically looked.

 

I went inside to find this brunette at the farthest table.

 

Bad, Junho… you’re late.

 

I went past tables, most of which were occupied by couples. I heaved a sigh.

 

And there she was, waiting with a phone on one hand.

 

“Hi, sorry, I’m late.” I apologized. I let out a soft smile. She did the same.

 

I sat right across from her and instantly, I noticed her face. Again, the usual parameters were set- light makeup, neatly-combed tresses. She looks nice but…

 

“That’s fine. I arrived twenty minutes ahead. No biggie.” She started.

 

The rest of the evening went okay. We managed to talk about a lot of things including her career, her supposed trip in Europe with friends. I could say she was a catch but then again…

 

“So, how about you, why stay single all this time? Dating should be easy.” She spoke with much confidence. She kept her gaze, made sure that she listened to my every word, which was commendable.

 

I let out a chuckle, placed down my cup of tea then resumed speaking,

 

“You can say that but honestly, I’m waiting for someone.”

 

“Oh.”

 

That night capped off with So-eun and I ending up as friends.

 

I stayed in the same condo for years… three long years. Every time I passed by unit 213, memories would always come flooding.

 

It’s not that I disliked remembering… it was more like refuelling the pain.

 

I came home tonight, thinking of So-eun… of the others who I’d refused dating. It was a choice for I knew that my heart wasn’t ready.

 

Waiting… when you really love someone and lost her unexpectedly, you tend to wait because closures aren’t made.

 

A part of your heart was captured incessantly… it was comparable to having an unfinished journey.

 

Unfortunately for me, that part of my heart is still longing… it wanted to finish what it fore mostly started; despite the uncertainty… the promise of a love that I once loved owning never left.

 

Change… others regard as it chance while I regard it as fate.

 

I was fated to be here… to be alone for awhile… to take control of things.

 

I realized that in life, there isn’t such a thing called coincidence. Things happen and they bear a purpose. Regardless of how you wanted to change your life… the way you think or way you live… you can never escape reality that fate sets for you.

 

Thus, I welcomed mine with I staying single. I lived my life thinking not of coincidences but of realities…

 

And now… my reality encompasses being alone… until my heart is capable of loving again. For everyone deserves to be loved properly. And while I am open to a future, right now, my pain made my capacity to love inept.

 

I was again staying in the veranda… and a quick glance at her former haven seemed appropriate. There, I saw a guy, in his mid twenties, probably a couple of years younger than me, smoking.

 

If before, my fate took me to that very night… enjoying the breeze of a strangely cold March evening… the images of her… looking ahead… with those lovely eyes meeting her own pain… I again remembered that this… is my present… my change.

 

I then walked back inside my sanctuary… for another day of change had been finished.

 

“Hey bro, How are you? Really? When? Yeah, sure. But is it okay? You know what I mean. Hahaha, okay bro, I thought you will be forever under. haha! Okay, okay, see you. Bye.”

 

It was Nickhun, throwing a huge party this weekend. He and Yuri tied the knot a year ago. I went. I was happy to have maintained my close friendship with them. And this weekend, Nickhun was celebrating fatherhood as he found out that Yuri was already expecting.

 

Kids… smart and beautiful kids… I dreamt of them once.

 

============

 

The thing with life is- people will move on, live their lives, without minding your pain. Besides, the world is not about you. It was about being your own person… living your own dreams.

 

My day today started typical. I visited my sister to see her new residence. It was inside this expensive gated community-the one graced by the usual elites. That brat, luck might have befriended her doubly.

 

My sister continually raved about her new place. In her own words she would say, “Aigoo Oppa, I know you would never live here, this was too posh for your taste.”

 

I took my time to walk around, stroll a little. The weather was perfect. For a second, I thought rains would about to come pouring but it changed without due notice that I suddenly felt an ideal breeze.

 

It was almost five in the afternoon but I was able to find a spot under a huge oak tree. Under it lays a wooden bench.

 

I was looking at the kids nearby playing. Some had bikes while others went skateboarding. The greenery surrounding this small park could be likened to that ideal backdrop of a supposed masterpiece. It was relaxing… soothing.

 

But… a laugh resounded… a familiar one that I could not merely refuse. I stood up… walked a few more steps… trying to know where the laughter comes from until I reached another huge tree.

 

A lady in light pink dress… my heart skipped a beat. I moved forward.

 

Another laugh… another step put forth. She looked back.

 

Upon seeing me… our eyes met. My heart skipped another beat. I was… taken.

 

“H-Hyoyeon?”

 

She put her phone down and softly smiled back.

 

Silence came.

 

“I’m Junho… remember me?”

 

She burst out a laugh and had her head shaking.

 

“Of course.” Her tone a bit sad, I can tell.

 

“How are you? When did you get back? Why are you here? Who--- How?”

 

“I just arrived yesterday… Heechul oppa was leaving here now and I’m staying in his house... For now. How are you?”

 

“I’m okay.”

 

“Good to know that.”

 

Silence, for the second time, resurfaced.

 

“Hmmm… I think I have to go. So, I’ll go ahead first, Junho. It’s nice seeing you.”

 

She turned her back… walked a few steps…

 

“Hyo, wait!”

 

She halted.

 

“Hmm?” She asked without turning her back. I liked it that way.

 

“Can I get your number?”

 

Right there, I knew what fate has in store for me.

 

A second shot at love.

 

A new kind of change.

 

 

***************

 

Did you guys really thought that I would let Hyoyeon die here? haha! Never! Once is enough & I'll never do it again :P (I'm referring to my other fanfic called Painful Goodbye you can check it out if you want to^^)

I know that the ending is really unexpected but it is like that for a reason! *winks* haha:D

Hope you enjoy this story!!!

Don't forget to Comment, Subscribe & Vote!

 

Credits to the great Jrealm for this story!!! And HYOloveRONA for my awesome story posters!

I also want to thank my loyal readers & subscibers: HYOloveRONA, hyoyeon03, Jun_Loves_Hyo, penny0922, athena08, ditaprmtsr, nabilahLJ, marsmikay, yoonhae_hyohyuk, Sweet_betrayal, haesicahyohyuk, cookiescow, KhunRiShipper4ever, hyoyeon_9, asleepyhead, This_heart10, fanficholic, K-loverKpopDramafan, IyeshaG, haruma2911, sunlightguardian, seraphim_leah17, 9pmYongseoKhuntoria, rainingoddess, hedayuredzuan, asian-2pm, shiningbeasts, KHD_hhk, banana1206, Gniyher, LoveYul, Jaedwin

Love you guys!!!!😘