Chapter 25 (Final)

Neighbors

Chapter 25! (Final)

 

As I saw men carrying numerous boxes… as I see Heechul walked in and out of Hyoyeon’s condo unit, the more I feel pained, broken.

 

That night, I never got the chance to say the things that I wanted to say.

 

That evening, I never got the chance to ask her how I wished to marry her… lead a new chapter in our lives… have kids… beautiful and smart kids.

 

When she sped up, I went back up to find that woman who ruined everything, I asked her to leave and she no longer refused. I went for my car keys and left to follow her… to find Hyoyeon.

 

But what came next was unexpected… too unfortunate.

 

I saw people descending from their cars, surrounding this black wreckage of a car owned by Hyoyeon.

 

I could not feel anything, I got numbed… I could not recall when the last time I felt such kind of fear… but as soon as I got off from my car… ran and walk past people… I found her… unconscious… bloodied.

 

My hands were shaking… sweat dripping… my heartbeat has been put to a major stop while intently looking at her… as the response team managed to get her out, as they laid her on the emergency bed… inside the ambulance, I was in tears. I could not speak for awhile… I was heavily crying.

 

Fate… if fate was my friend, I would have called any force just to revive her… to reverse what has happened.

 

But I guess… my luck had run out… I relied on prayers…. unanswered prayers.

 

As Heechul greeted me with a nod… I took the moment to enter her abode… to only realize how it gradually becomes bare…

 

The orange couch, which stood witness to our sweetest moments and petty fights, was no longer there.

 

The kitchen table, from which she gladly prepares my breakfast… our breakfast was toppled over and was merely waiting to be hauled up.

 

With heavy feet, I went to her bedroom. The four-poster bed, where we shared those steamy nights… was about to be hauled too…

 

Gradually… the pieces that made this unit a home… was slowly being dragged… pulled out.

 

Just like my emotions, the pain was welling up inside me… I could not manage to look Heechul, Hyoyeon’s brother, in the eye… despite my desire to ask for forgiveness.

 

He was kind enough to smile. For a second, it felt as if a huge boulder was lifted off my chest… for I never wanted him or her parents to be mad… though I would perfectly understand if they want to.

 

The space was almost bare, lifeless even. With only a few packages left, I tapped Heechul on the shoulder and requested,

 

“Can I stay for awhile? Please?”

 

My voice was cracking… yearning… sad… longing. As Heechul closed the door behind him, I walked towards the veranda and looked outside.

 

From where I stand, the throng of people, who carried all of Hyoyeon’s possessions, thinned out. And as the night ensues, I was here… gripping hard on the baluster… trying my hardest to not shed more tears.

 

So this is how it feels… when you lose someone you love… you don’t know how to start letting go. I just wish I could’ve said the things she wanted to hear.

 

Always said I would know where to find love… always thought I’d be ready and strong enough…

 

Seeing this pretty lady… clad in a -colored ensemble that highlighted her natural curves, I did take the time to glance… stare.

 

I smiled remembering how I firstly saw her… how she seemed to captivate my senses in a snap.

 

But you came and changed my whole world now… I’m somewhere I’ve never been before… now, I see… what love means…

 

“Stop, Junho. Too much PDA.”

 

“Then make me.”

 

With our faces too close… I could feel his hot, sweet breath. Looking into those lovely eyes made the butterflies in my belly flutter. I closing the gap… feeling her soft lips as I owned them.

 

It’s so unbelievable… and I don’t want to let it go, something so beautiful, flowing down like a waterfall…

 

“Junho, are you alright?”

 

Hyoyeon, in the passenger seat, with a worried look on her face.

 

“Of course. Why?”

 

“Uhm… coz you seemed so quiet?”

 

“Don’t mind me, can’t this cute guy be silent sometimes?”

 

“Haha, now that was you speaking,  haha!”

 

“Hyo?”

 

“Yes, anything wrong, baby?”

 

And then it struck me. Did I just hear her say…

 

“Wait, what did you call me?”

 

“Huh? Did I say something?”

 

“C’mon, what did you just call me?”

 

“I said… is there anything wrong… baby.”

 

When I think of what I have and this chance I nearly lost, I can’t help but break down… and cry…

 

Memories… how will you stop memories from reeling? How would I start forgetting when I was flooded by Hyoyeon, her thoughts and her ways?

 

With my grip finally loosening, I slumped to the ground and ran my hands through my hair… I am crying… tons and tons of tears… for I am sad… I can no longer bear the pain. It was excruciating.

 

For how long had I been crying… I had no idea… all I know was I cried myself out until I was too tired to move… until my tears ran dry.

 

This night… was the very night when I lost the only woman I loved.

 

This fateful day will stay… for how long… only god knows when…

 

How difficult it would be? Only god knows how…

 

I feel like you’ve been always been… forever a part of me. And it’s so unbelievable to finally be in love, somewhere I’d never thought I’d be.

 

I walked slowly, stopped a few meters from the front door and took that final glance.

 

My eyes roamed, it reveled in every cranny and nook.

 

This was Hyoyeon’s. Here, we drafted many of our beautiful memories.

 

I turned the lights off and shut the door.

 

Now, I see what love means…

 

 

***************

 

Hi guys! I'm sorry if I had to do it this way but don't worry, it's not the end yet!

Just be patient! And btw, the Inspiration for this chapter is the song Unbelievable by Craig David

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgBEuXsIMc

It's better if you listen to this song while reading this chapter again.

Don't forget to Comment, Subscribe & Vote!!!

I'm really thankful to my loyal readers & subscribers who keeps leaving their comments every chapter!!! You guys are really Awesome!!!👍😉