Chapter 12

Neighbors

Chapter 12!

 

That first week, I was misled thinking that I could really accept the terms of our so called “relationship.”

 

Days then turned to weeks and before I knew it, we survived our first three months. We had fun seeing each other; we shared kisses every now and then but I never had the courage to ask.

 

Many times, Nickhun prodded me to ask Hyoyeon straight, to know the real score between us. But upon remembering her exact words and recalling the very reason why we had this agreement to begin with, asking her seemed too much… demanding, pressuring.

 

“Dude, you got to ask her. You got to settle things because you’re the guy, don’t wait for Hyoyeon to say, Junho, will you be my boyfriend? Tsk, man, it’s been three months, and with all the girls who got so head over heels for you, you’ve just become a sheepish guy when it comes to Hyoyeon?”

 

Those were the wise words coming from a man who was dating Hyoyeon’s best friend. He was right. I didn’t have any difficulty dealing with women, and I never had any problems convincing any girl to be with me. But Hyoyeon was not just any other girl. She was the one that I want; the one that made me feel the giddiness that I would normally consider gay and hopeless.

 

Falling in love with someone that you like may be easy but falling for someone who seemed to capture your heart for some odd strange reason was by far the hardest. For with her, your old ways will become obsolete. For with her, you will find yourself crumbling… weakened.

 

My phone rang and speaking of good gracious angels, it was her. I need to put that poker face on again, I guess…

 

“Hi, what’s up? How’s your day? Hmm… yeah, sure. I’ll pick you up 7pm sharp. See yah.”

 

And guess what, while harboring thoughts of insecurity was the last thing that I needed, there goes another hurdle- meeting her family.

 

==============

 

“So, Junho-sshi, it’s really good to know that you can keep up with the craziness of my princess here, haha!”

 

“Dad! You’re embarrassing me. Mom, pls. make Dad stop.”

 

Her family was easy to get along with. And I, having dinner with them, was something that could have been really scary if not for her extra nice parents and sibling. I actually never expected them to be this accommodating and seeing how Hyoyeon was with them, I knew that she was loved, pampered.

 

“Of course Mr. Kim, In fact, I really find her interesting and she’s actually really kind.”

 

“See? I told you Dad, haha!”

 

“Hyo? Interesting? kind? Are you kidding me! She’s really really grouchy & hot headed, haha!”

 

It was her brother Heechul. The one who Hyoyeon referred to as her favorite brother.

 

I smiled hearing what he said while Hyoyeon gave me a nudge.

 

“See? She’s not kind, you’re not even married, yet she’s already underring you already, haha!”

 

 “Shut up, Oppa. Mom!”

 

“Stop it guys, you’re being mean to my baby again. Uhm, by the way, Junho-sshi, Hyoyeon told us that your family was based in…”

 

“Busan, Mom.” Hyoyeon butted in.

 

“Yeah, right, Busan and I heard your family was into furniture design, right?”

 

“Yes, Mrs. Kim. We used to live here in Seoul but then my mom was originally from Busan and my dad wanted to stay there for good.”

 

“So, you live alone?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Wow, isn’t that hard for you? Especially since no one is around to take care of you. You know what, when Hyo said that she wanted to live alone, I’m really against it. But she insisted.”

 

“More like her boyfriend urged her… I mean, ex.”

 

Dealing with Hyoyeon’s past was never a problem. It was the thing that brought us together so I did not really mind. But somehow, my growing feelings for her wanted to deal less with the past. I wanted to start a new story; some story about us.

 

Sensing the awkwardness in Hyoyeon’s eyes, I opted not to say anything. I sheepishly smiled and continued eating. But her father was kind enough to change the mood right away.

 

“Junho, want some dessert? Hyoyeon’s mom makes the best lemon pie, that’s what makes me fall in love with her, haha!”

 

 =============

 

Driving home, I was happier. I was relieved that her family was more gracious than I expected. Her mom even asked me to visit them again this weekend. I said yes.

 

“Junho, are you alright?”

 

Hyoyeon, in the passenger seat, with a worried look on her face.

 

“Of course. Why?”

 

“Uhm… you seemed so quiet.”

 

“Don’t mind me, can’t this cute guy be silent sometimes?”

 

“Haha, now that was you speaking, haha!”

 

“Hyo?”

 

“Yes, anything wrong, baby?”

 

And then it struck me. Did I just hear her say…

 

“Wait, what did you call me?”

 

“Huh? Uhm… Did I say something?”

 

“C’mon, what did you just call me?”

 

The excitement in my voice was evident now and my heart was doing somersaults again.

 

She flashed that smile… that ever pretty, sincere smile that I loved. My heart went ballistic.

 

“I said… is there anything wrong… baby.”

 

And instantly, the three months that passed were no longer hanging… what we have now is not uncertain. As for my worries… they flew right outside the car window and I am not complaining.

 

***************

Hello there guys!!!

Have you seen my new story poster!!!!!

It's all thanks to HYOloveRONA for making that wonderful poster!!! <3

And as promise, I will update 2 times a day! Yay me!!! :D

I really do hope you guys enjoy every chapter! ^^

And pls. don't forget to leave you comment down there

'coz it really makes me happy to know what you think about each & every chapter! :)

 

 

Comment & Subscribe!