Chapter 11

Neighbors

Chapter 11!

 

Junho, caught up in something. About the movie later… can we do it some other time?

 

I heaved a sigh, for I was disappointed, really. I was looking forward to seeing her and watching a movie with her. I was already in the car, readying to pick her up from work.

 

“Hyo… have you changed your mind?”

 

Great Junho, now you doubt her and you guys is just on your first week as a couple,

 

“But are we even a couple?”

 

Adding to my obvious dismay was a bunch of red roses that I purchased, knowing that it had her favorite color. And just like that, I guess, this bouquet will stay in the backseat longer than what I expected.

 

It was already past six in the evening and my steps led me to my favorite restaurant. I ordered pasta and I remembered Yuri saying, “Know what, Hyo loves pasta, right, Pasta Bolognese to be exact.”

 

I fiddled with my food feeling more down. It wasn’t really my first time to date, in fact, I dated a lot of girls back in the days but with Hyoyeon, being with her, choosing her, and getting interested was absolutely different. I could even say that I liked her way, way before that special day when she had a leaking faucet.

 

I asked the waiter for the bill and strolled a bit. I saw this lovely scarf and decided to buy it for her. I entered this jewelry shop totally mesmerized by a beautiful bracelet… but I know that it is still too early for me to give her such gift. That could wait.

 

I was looking at a couple of stud earrings that the accommodating lady had been showing me when I caught a glimpse of a beautiful lady clad in a red fitting dress. My eyes were not deceiving me, I know, it was her. Hyoyeon.

 

“I thought, she was caught up with something…” that was my inner thoughts voicing out what I truly feel. I hurriedly thanked the lady and opened the door to see where they would be going. Yes, my eyesight did not miss out on this tall man that accompanied her.

 

I was walking behind them and I could clearly see how they were enjoying themselves. A few times, I saw how this young man touched the small part of her back or her elbow while assisting her. They entered the coffee shop and for a while, I even thought of following them inside but my mind suggested otherwise.

 

No, Junho. Maybe, she was really caught up with something. Don’t think too much. Let her be.

 

The sight of them laughing and exchanging what seemed to be full of jovial stories was the last thing that entered my mind. I just took the time to turn around and walk away.

 

==================

 

“Hyo, is there a problem?”

 

“Huh? Yes, I mean no, why did you ask?”

 

“You’ve been checking your phone since earlier. Waiting for something?” Hyukjae asked after taking a sip of his favorite frappe.

 

“Uhm, nothing.”

 

“You wanna leave already?”

 

“Huh? No. So... up until when are you going to stay here?”

 

“It depends.”

 

“I bet auntie would mind.” I chuckled.

 

“Haha, yeah. She was mad, really mad after knowing that I intend to stay. You knew she never really wanted me here.”

 

“Really? You’re staying? For good? Wow.”

 

“Hahaha, I dunno, I was thinking of putting up something here. Maybe start this restaurant business that me and my brother planned a long time ago.”

 

I never spoke.

 

“Sorry.” I then heard Hyukjae said, I looked up to meet his gaze.

 

“You don’t have to be.”

 

“But bringing that up… So, how are you really, Hyo? What keeps you busy aside from work?”

 

“Hmm…work and more work.” And Junho… but that one never slipped out.

 

“It’s been years, Hyo, don’t you think it’s about time?”

 

“Haha, why do you guys keeps on pushing me to have a boyfriend, it is as if I should get laid or what, haha!”

 

“Hahaha, it’s not what I’m saying, I was thinking that maybe, it’s time for you to try.”

 

But I’m with Junho now… I guess… again, that one never slipped out of my mouth.

 

“Coz really, Hyo, I could be your lab rat, haha!”

 

“What? If only your brother could hear you, Hyukjae.”

 

“If only my brother could hear me then maybe, you guys never happened.”

 

Hyukjae and Eunhyuk… they were brothers.

 

================

 

I was waiting for her to call or send me a message but nothing came. I was here on the couch, lazily flipping channels.

 

I heard knocks and went for the door. It was Hyoyeon with food bags.

 

“Surprise!”

 

Her smile was genuinely sweet that I momentarily forgot what I saw back in the mall. But really, Junho, you’re not even sure who the guy was? That was my kinder ego in second voice.

 

“Hi!”

 

“Brought you your favorites. I’ll raid your kitchen okay?”

 

She went straight to the kitchen and opened the drawers. I merely looked while she does her thing.

 

“I was on my way here and I thought, maybe, you have not eaten anything yet. Nickhun told me, you tend to skip meals. Then I asked him what’s your favorite and look! I bought you some steak. I’m sure you’ll love this.”

 

She was babbling and I don’t know if she was doing all this because she wanted to or was it because she was guilty. This was my not-so-kind ego setting in.

 

“Hey, what are you waiting for, silly? Get your over here and eat.” Her excitement to have dinner with me was evident that I could feel my heart melting… giving in.

 

I smiled at her and took my seat. She sat right beside me.

 

“So, what can you say? Was it good? Huh?” She asked after I took a bite. Honestly, it was good.

 

“What’s with the long face, are you not happy that I’m here.”

 

“No, of course I’m happy… maybe I’m just tired, I did so many things in the office earlier…”

 

“Oh is that so? Ok, after this, you wanna do anything? We can still watch a movie, hmm… we can catch the last screening, what do you think?”

 

She continued while taking a huge bite off the steak. She looks really cute.

 

“Hyo? Where did you go today? I mean, earlier?”

 

I could sense her discomfort after asking her the question.

 

“Uhm… My dad gave me lots of work today. You know, additional reports. Why? Is this about the movie? I’m really sorry, I promise, next time, no more cancelled dates. Okay?”

 

She lied. And if before, a lying girlfriend meant calling it quits. Now… I could not even get myself to be angry… to stay mad or anything… not with her, never.

 

But why does she have to lie and not tell me that she was out with that guy? Was he even that important? Who is he in the first place?

 

But I guess, the bigger question was- is she even my girlfriend?

 

 

***************

 

Hi guys! Uhm... Can I ask you a favor...

Does anyone one of you knows how to make a story poster within a week or less???

If one of you knows, please help me make one for this story!!!

Don't worry I will give you credits & I promise to update twice a day if one of you guys can make it for me!

Please message me or leave something on my wall if you're kind enough to help me!

By the way, don't forget to Comment & Subscribe!^^