Baby Seunghyun

Here's My Secret, I Think I'm In Love With You

Your POV
Ultimate Hide-and-seek was great! Now it was time to go to EXO's variety show recording. I sat in the back of the van with Sehun and Xiumin. I tried sitting by Baekhyun, but he rode in in the other van.

"Hey, Xiumin Sunbae?" I asked, "How fast can you and Sehun rap?"
They both exchanged looks with each other. "Depends on how fast you want us to rap." said Sehun.
"Do the rapping part in Wolf."
"Fine, but on one condition." Xiumin said smirking. "You gotta rap it with us."
My mouth dropped, "I can't rap though! Mihyun is the rapper!"
Sehun shrugged his shoulders, "No can do then."
I folded my arms and sat back, "Ugh, fine."
"Five, six, seven, eight."

"Neomu areumda, areumda, areumda Whoo
Geudae nae nima, nae nima, nae nima Whoo
Nareul deoryowa, deoryowa, deoryowa ma

Naneun tteukbyora, tteukbyora, tteukbyora Wolf
Geudae saranghan, saranghan, saranghan Wolf

Naege neo nima, neo nima, neo nima Wolf" the three of us all ended.

"Yah! You can rap!" yelled Sehun.
"I had you two doing it with me." I rubbed my arm. "I can't rap by myself."
"But still, you did it!"

"So, what music skills do you need to have for when you debut?"
"You need to be sure that you can do everything. You need to know how to sing, dance, act, model, and do good photo-shoots." Xiumin held out five fingers. "They all don't have to be completely perfect, but perfect is what you are aiming for."
"Also," D.O. turned around and faced me, "You and your group will always need to collaborate. Collaboration is your answer to everything."
I gave everyone a thumbs up, "All right. Thanks, everyone. I'll keep those in mind."

When we got to the variety show recording, everyone went backstage to get ready. There were so many fans out in the audience. Everyone was hustling backstage. A few members were reading over some scripts, some were getting stage make-up on, and the others were getting microphones ready. I paid real close attention to what everyone was doing. If I debut, I will have to go through all of this.

As the members were finally going out on stage, I stayed backstage with their manager. He gave me some really helpful tips.

~Later that evening~
"Thank you so much, everyone. You guys have all taught me so much." I bowed to the members as they dropped me off back at my dorm.

When I got inside, Soyun was the only one there. "I take it that Minah and Mihyun are still shadowing?"
She smiled and modded, "Yep. We'll be in charge of dinner tonight."
"Sounds good." I said walking away to my bedroom.

I looked up at the ceiling and just relaxed. I had a really fun day. I became closer to the EXO members. I got to know a lot about them. EXO is a really good group. Like Super Junior, they always give such good advice. I noticed that Baekhyun was really quiet today. Besides the Ultimate Hide-and-Seek game, we really didn't talk much. I kinda need to get my food container back. Hmm, Mihyun and Minah probably aren't gonna be back for a few more hours. I wanna go visit Mrs. Lee. I pulled out my phone and sent a message to Baekhyun.

"Hey, I'll be at the market if you wanna give me my container back. - _____"

I headed to the front door, "Hey, Soyun, do you need anything in the market?"
She shook her head, "I think we're doing pretty good on food for now. Thanks though."
I opened the front door, "All right, I'm gonna get some fresh air for a while. I'll be back soon."

As I began walking down to the market, I saw a billboard hanging up with EXO on it.


When I reached the market, I saw Mrs. Lee sweeping around the front door. "Hello, Mrs. Lee." I said walking up to her.
She turned around and smiled with her arms out. "_____! Hello, Dear." she brought me in for a hug.
"Do you need any help?"
"Umm, of you  don't mind?"
I shook my head, "Not at all."
She smiled, "You can help me sort things behind the counter inside," I followed her inside.

When we got behind the counter, there were boxes everywhere! "If you could sort the different kinds of food with labels, in the boxes with a label on it."
"All right." I smiled and started sorting.
"_____, huh?" she smiled looking down at me.
I shyly smiled. "Yeah, my parents gave me that name."
"It's a beautiful name. You're parents must be very sweet people."
I nodded, "They mean a lot to me."
"That's really sweet, _____."

She smiled and looked at me, "Would you like to sing something?"
I bit my lower lip and shyly looked down, "I can if you'd like. What would you like me to sing?"
"Anything you'd like, Dear. How about one of your favorite songs?"
I chuckled, "All right."

3.6.5 (EXO)

As I started singing, I began tapping the boxes as a metronome. I sang the first verse and the chorus.

"That was so good, _____!" she came over and gave me a hug. "Where did you learn to sing like that?"
I bit my lower lip, "My parents." I looked up at her.
"You're parents must've been really good singers. You have such a beautiful voice. I've never heard anyone sing like that before."
"Thank you." I smiled.

"Excuse me, Mam'?" asked a lady coming up to a counter, "Do you know where I could donate this Won to for the orphanages?"
Mrs. Lee nodded, "Of course. _____?" she looked at me, "Under the counter next to you, my purse is under there. Could you find a dark blue envelope and hand it to me?"
I nodded. I pulled out her purse and started looking for the envelope. When I found it, I handed it to her. As her purse was still in my lap, a photo was sticking out. I pulled it out.

It was a photo of Baekhyun holding a baby. I'm guessing this is Seunghyun.

"Here you go." Mrs. Lee said as she handed me the envelope to put back in her purse.
She saw me looking at the photo of Baekhyun and Seunghyun. "That's Baekhyun when he was a little boy." she gave me a weak smile.
I looked up at her and pointed at Seunghyun, "Is this your daughter, Mrs. Lee?"
Her smile suddenly disappeared. She checked to see if anyone was waiting to check-out, but there wasn't anyone. She came over and sat in the chair next to me. She folded her hands, "A good friend of mine, had a beautiful baby girl. Unfortunately, her and her husband were very low on money. They-They couldn't keep the girl." Mrs. Lee was trying so hard to hold back her tears. "Their son-"
"Mrs. Lee?" said a certain voice in front of the counter.
"Baekhyun Sunbae." I said as I looked up.

Baekhyun walked around the counter and leaned down next to us. "Why are you-" as soon as he saw the photo in my hand, he froze.
Baekhyun pulled Mrs. Lee in for a hug, "She's in a better place, Mrs. Lee. I know she is being loved, and cared for right now."
I looked at him with a puzzled look, "What is it?"

Baekhyun pulled up a chair next to us. Before he spoke, he handed me my food container. I thanked him and put it in my purse. He looked down with his hands folded, "Seunghyun-She's my sister. Our parents were very low on money. It was about a year after she was born. Umma and Appa couldn't take care of her anymore. They wanted to put her up for adoption. I loved Seunghyun very much. I really didn't want her taken away from me. One day, I woke up, and she wasn't in the house. I then found out that Umma put her in an orphanage the other evening. It tore me apart. I never got to say my goodbyes to her. I could never forgive my Umma after that day." I could see a few tears forming in his eyes. I rubbed his back.
He looked up at Mrs. Lee and I, "Mrs. Lee was a great friend to my mom. After school, I would always walk down here with Seunghyun in my arms. She loved Seunghyun too. When I told her about Seunghyun being out in an orphanage, it broke her heart too. But both Mrs. Lee and I knew that Seunghyun would be out into a great family someday." Baekhyun looked at me, "Please don't tell anyone about this, _____."
I shook my head, "Of course. I promise, Baekhyun Sunbae."
He smiled, "Thank you." his smiled slowly faded away, "None of my members know about this. Remember yesterday when I had you hide in the sofa and that no one would ever think to look for you there?"
I nodded, "Mhm."
"I have so many journals and photos of Seunghyun in there. There isn't a day that goes by, when I don't think of her. Now that I'm in EXO, I was going to use the money I earned from albums and such, to find her. I don't ever want Umma to see her again after what she did. If I find her, I want her to live with me in the dorm. I want to keep her safe."
I smiled and nodded, "I know how you feel, Baekhyun Sunbae."

Baekhyun was so honest with me about his sister. He trusted me with his secret. I should probably tell him the truth about where my singing came from. "Baekhyun Sunbae?" I looked down at him, "There's something you should know."
He tilted his head, "What is it?"
"My singing-it didn't come from my parents." I lowered my head. "When I was a small child, my parents found me at their door. They took me in and raised me as their own. They've always wanted a child, but they were too old to have any of their own. My birth parents is where I inherited my singing from. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about my birth parents."
Baekhyun saw sadness in my eyes. He put his arm around me, "Hey, look where you are now. If it weren't for your birth parents who put out in front of your parents door, you wouldn't be here now."
I looked up and smiled, "I know. My parents have been very great to me. I love them and I'm very thankful to have parents like them.
"You're very lucky, _____. Have you ever wanted to know what your birth parents are like? Have you ever thought about trying to find them?" asked Mrs. Lee.
I tilted my head a little bit, "I do and I don't."
"Well that's understandable." said Baekhyun. "You want to know the people who gave you your singing voice. You also don't want to see the people who just gave you up. Look where you are now, _____. If your birth parents could see you now, they'd realize what they're missing out on."
I shrugged my shoulders and gave him a small smile, "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

Mrs. Lee changed the topic, "By the way, Baekhyun. You're right, _____ really does have an amazing voice. She sang for me before you came in."
Baekhyun looked up at me and smiled, "Really? What did you sing?"
I shyly smiled, "3.6.5"
He laughed, "An EXO song. Of course." he looked at Mrs. Lee, "You should also hear her sing Baby Don't Cry."
Mrs. Lee looked around the counter to make sure no one was wanting to check-out. "Go ahead." she smiled at me.
I pulled out my phone from my bag and put headphones in. Baekhyun took one of my headphones and put it in his ear.

Baby Don't Cry (EXO)

Baekhyun decided to sing along with me too. We kinda did like a duet sort of thing.

Mrs. Lee was really enjoying herself. She slowly rocked back and forth and clapped at our singing. "You guys really sing good together. It's almost as you guys are brother and sister. You guys sound so much alike!" she complimented us.


OHHEMMGEE! Baekhyun was so close to finding out the truth!
And Mrs. Lee's comment at the end. Kekeke! ^o^
Baekhyun will find out the truth real soon.