Baby, Don't Cry

Here's My Secret, I Think I'm In Love With You

Baekhyun's POV
"I'm terribly sorry, but there is no one here with the name, Byun Seunghyun."
Before _____ could speak, I chuckled, "Oh, she must've been adopted then. Could you tell me who-"
"I'm sorry, Sir. We've gone through all of the records of the children who were in this orphanage. There were no records found of the child you're looking for."
_____ hesitated, "N-No records at all?"

No records at all?

The lady shook her head, "I'm afraid not."
_____ looked down, "Thank you, Mam'."

As _____ and I were heading out, I felt my heart shattering into a million pieces. She doesn't exist here? This is the closest orphanage to our house. Umma couldn't have possibly taken her to any other orphanage. The next orphanage is hours away from here!

"Baekhyun?" _____ looked up at me, "Are you all right?"
I wanted to just break down right there, but I stayed strong. I gave her a weak nod, "I am. Come on, let's go get something to eat." I put my arm around her and walked down the street.


Your POV
I feel really sad for Baekhyun right now. I know how anxious and existed he was to see Seunghyun. But the lady said that there were no records of her at all? There's gotta be some mistake.

When Baekhyun took me to the restaurant, I noticed how upset he really was. He was trying to stay strong. I understand what he's going through right now.

When our food came, Baekhyun was still very quiet. I didn't have a problem with it though. He needs some time to think.

*Phone vibrates*
Soyun

"Hey, we're all headed back to the dorm. We'll leave out some food in the fridge for you. Hope you and Baekhyun Sunbae are having a good time! ^^ - Soyun"

After reading the message, I put my phone away. I looked over at Baekhyun who was quietly eating. I could tell that there were so many things going through his mind right now.

After we ate, Baekhyun and I walked outside. "_____?" he gave me a weak smile, "Wanna go take a walk in the park?"
I smiled at him and nodded. We began heading to the park hand-in-hand with my head rested on his shoulder.

There were so many lights in the park. It was so beautiful. I feel happy. I love it when I'm in Baekhyun's arms. I really want to tell him how much I love and care for him.

"You know, Baek-Baekhyun?" as I looked up at him, I saw a tear running down his cheek. He must be in a lot of pain right now. I lifted my finger up to his face and wiped the tear away, "Baby, Don't-" he cut me off and gently placed his hand over mine.
"_____, promise me something."
I nodded, "Anything."
"Will you always stay by my side?"
I was a little shocked by what he said.  I leaned up and kissed him on the cheek, "Always and forever."
He pulled me into a hug and rested his chin on my head, "Thank you, _____. I promise to always be here for you."

As we continued walking through the park, I began humming Baby, Don't Cry.
Baekhyun smiled and looked down at me, "Sing it out-loud. I don't mind."

I started singing, "Deoneun mangseoriji ma jebal nae simjangeul geodueo ga

Geurae nalkaroulsurok joha dalbit jochado nuneul gameun bam."

Baekhyun began singing too, "Na anin dareun namjayeotdamyeon huigeuk anui han gujeorieotdeoramyeon
Neoui geu saranggwa bakkun sangcheo modu taewobeoryeo."


Baekhyun and I sang the whole song together. 


Baekhyun's POV
I couldn't ask for a better date. _____ made this evening so special. Even though I broke down a little bit, she was there to comfort me. She's very understanding.

She told me earlier that her friend's headed back to their dorm. I walked _____ back to her dorm.

As we were walking, we passed the market. We saw Mrs. Lee helping a customer. _____ started heading towards the market, but I stopped her. "We can visit her tomorrow, _____."
She looked at the market and smiled, "Okay."

When we reached her form, we stopped out in front. We were facing each other.
"_____, I had a really great time this evening. I'm sorry if I started crying earlier. I didn't-"
Her hand slowly went up to my cheek, "No, it's all right. You had every reason to. I understand what you're going through. Don't be afraid to show how you really feel. Don't hold any feelings back. It's unhealthy. I had a really great time, Baekhyun." 
My forehead rested on hers. She smiled, "Remember, I'm here for you."




No ones POV
As _____ and Baekhyun in their dorms, they went straight to their beds. _____'s friends wanted to know how her date went, but when they got to her room, they heard snoring. The same went with the EXO members. Sehun, Kris, Yixing, Minseok, Lu Han, and Jongin all wanted to know how Baekhyun's date went. When they went to Baekhyun and Chanyeol's room, Chanyeol put a finger to his lips. Baekhyun was sound asleep.

Jongin shrugged his shoulders, "Eh, we'll have him tell us everything tomorrow."
"We have a busy schedule tomorrow." said Joonmyun.
"If Baekhyun-" Sehun was cut off by Chanyeol.
"SHH!" let the lover-boy sleep!" he said pushing the members out of their room.


Your POV
~Next day~
I decided to head out early to jog. I wanted to down to visit Mrs. Lee to tell her about what happened yesterday.

When I passed EXO's dorm, all the lights were off. I guess everyone was still sleeping.

As I approached the market, I saw Mrs. Lee sitting outside with a bottle of tea. "Good morning, Mrs. Lee." I bowed to her.
"Oh, good morning, Dear." she smiled back. She looked very tired.
"Baekhyun and I were looking for you after we finished working in the back, but you weren't there." I said taking a seat next to her.
"Yes, I was just exhausted and decided to head home early."
I nodded my head, "Ah, so that's it."

She took a sip of her tea and put an arm around me, "You really care for him, don't you? Baekhyun?"
I blushed just hearing his name. I smiled and nodded, "Yes. I do. We finally confessed to each other a few days ago, and yesterday, we went out with each other on a date."
She smiled at me, "That's so wonderful, Dear! I hope you two had fun!"
I shyly smiled, "We really did."
She my hair, "Baekhyun is a really good boy. I can see that he loves you very much."

My smile slowly started to fade away, "Mrs. Lee, yesterday on our date, I decided to take Baekhyun to the orphanage. I know how much he really cares about his sister. I thought that by bringing him there, he could get information on where she could be. Unfortunately when we got there, the lady said that there weren't any records of his sister being in that orphanage. It tore Baekhyun apart. It breaks my heart whenever I see Baekhyun cry. He's gone through so much."
Mrs. Lee put a strand of hair behind my ear, "Baekhyun is very lucky to have someone like you. You're- I mean you and Seunghyun are very important people to him."
I tilted my head, "What do you think could've happened to her, Mrs. Lee? I would love to know where she is. I want to bring her and Baekhyun together again. I want to see Baekhyun's happiness."
She hesitated and looked down, "I don't know where the child is, but I am positive that she was put into a wonderful family." she looked up and smiled at me.

I gave her a hug, "Baekhyun is so blessed to have a good friend like you, Mrs. Lee. You're an understanding person to talk to."
She smiled at me, "I'll always be here if you would like to talk to me about anything. Your company is always welcomed here."


 

Looks like Mrs. Lee chose to keep quiet...