A Shoulder to Cry On

Here's My Secret, I Think I'm In Love With You

Your POV
I looked up at him with my teary eyes, "Ch-Chanyeol Sunbae,"
He looked down at me with a worried look, "_____, what's wrong? Why are you crying? And just call me Chanyeol. No need to be formal."
I wiped my wet face with my hands, "It's kind of a long story."
He reached for my hand, "Wanna take a walk in the park? You can tell me-"
"No." I spoke up, "Not the park. Please."
He gave me a comforting smile, "All right. We can just go to the school playground around the block. Would you like something to drink?"
I sniffed and nodded
"Okay." he smiled.

On the way to the playground, Chanyeol stopped by a giant coffee store. I'm not big on coffee, but I'm so thirsty, I'll take anything.

When we got to the playground, Chanyeol and I took a seat next to each other on the merry-go-round. I began to tell him what happened tonight. Every once in a while tears would start falling from my face, but Chanyeol would wipe them away with his thumbs.

"That sounds pretty rough. I'm sorry this happened to you. Baek would never mean to hurt you or anything."
I nodded, "Thanks for understanding, Chanyeol. This is what he wanted, so I respect his decisions."
"But what do you want? Is this what YOU wanted?"
"All I wanted, was for us to be honest with each other."

Chanyeol rested an elbow on his knees and looked at me, "Well, Baekhyun doesn't see how much of an amazing beautiful person you are. This is his loss."
I gave him a weak smile, "Thanks Chanyeol. I just don't know what I did wrong-"
Chanyeol pulled me in for a hug and I just rested my head on his shoulder as tears slowly started falling again. "It's not you, _____, it's him. Would you like me to talk to him for you?"
I sniffed and shook my head, "No, but thanks for offering. I really don't want to get you involved Chanyeol. I don't want him getting angry at you or anything."
He chuckled, "Don't worry. He can't get mad at me. Besides, I'm helping a friend. You were hurt by him and he doesn't even know it. Someone needs to tell him that he's hurting you."
I sniffed, "I just want the truth from him. That's the only thing I'm asking for."

Chanyeol pulled me on to his lap and slowly started rocking me back and forth in his arms. "I'm here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. I'll always be here for you. Even during any EXO activity, if you need me, tell me. I will be there for you."
I looked up and gave him a weak smile, "Thanks Chanyeol. It's nice to have a great friend like you. Thank you for being here for me. There is actually something I need your help with."
"What's that?"
"My dancing instructor wants me to work on singing and dancing at the same time. Would you mind helping me out sometime?"
He nodded, "Of course. I remember going through those classes during my trainee days. I looked like an idiot dancing."
I chuckled, "I highly doubt that. You dance perfectly. And you sing well too."

He smiled and handed me his phone, "Just call or message me whenever you need me."
I put my number in his phone. I gave him my phone and he did the same.
I looked at him, "Would you like to go jogging with me tomorrow morning?"
He nodded, "Of course. Would you like to get breakfast too? I doubt if Kyungsoo is gonna cook for me again. This morning I kinda complained about one of his dishes and he went off on me a little." he nervously laughed.
I smiled, "I'd love to. Thanks."
He smiled, "Great."

I tilted my head, "What were you doing before I ran into you?"
"I went to the market to pick up some vegetables. I also needed to get a few  energy drinks."
I nodded, "Oh, I'm sorry if I kept you from getting your food back to your dorm. Here you are with me, dragging your bag of groceries around."
He chuckled, "It's no trouble at all, _____. You looked like you could use a friend."
I rested my head on his shoulder, "Thanks, Chanyeol."


Baekhyun's POV
"Hey, how'd your date-Baekhyun?" I ignored Joonmyun and went straight to my bedroom. Some of the members were probably at the SM building getting their schedules for this week.

I threw myself down on my bed and just closed my eyes. I didn't even bother changing out of my clothes. I feel so weak and broken right now. I closed my eyes and tears slowly ran down the sides of my eyes.

"How was was meeting the parents?" asked Lu Han as he walked by my room.
I put my pillow over my face, "I ended things."
"What? Baekhyun, why?"
"It was for the best. Please, let me sleep, Hyung."
He scoffed, "Whatever."

I'm sorry, Seunghyun. It's for the best.


Your POV
"Unnie, I'm back." I said as I walked into the dorm. It was late at night and I had a feeling everyone was asleep.

Chanyeol walked me back to my dorm to make sure I was safe. He gives amazing hugs. I'm really happy to have someone I can talk to about anything.

"_____?" called Soyun who was out on the terrace.
"You're still up, Unnie?" I asked waking out to her,
She nodded, "Yeah. I was on the phone with my parents. I haven't talked to them in forever. How was your walk?"
I sighed and looked down, "Baekhyun and I are no longer together."
Her eyes widen, "Honey, come here." she pulled me into a warm hug, "Are you okay?"
I took a deep breath, "I'm fine, Unnie. It's for the best." I gave her a weak smile.
"Are you sure you're all right?"
"I'm fine. Hey, I'm gonna go get a warm shower and then head for bed. We don't have a busy schedule tomorrow do we?"
She shook her head, "We don't really have anything going on for a while. We have a photo-shoot coming up in a few days and that's about it."
I nodded, "Okay. Good night, Unnie." I said heading off to my room.

When I changed into some comfortable clothes, I climbed into bed and closed my eyes.

I'm better off this way, Baekhyun.