Private Lessons?

Here's My Secret, I Think I'm In Love With You

Your POV
*Click* *Click*
"Soyun, turn your shoulder to the left a little bit. Great! Now turn 180°. Fantastic!" said the photographer. Minah and I were watching her photos develop. Soyun is really good. She's very photogenic.
"All right, _____, it's your turn." called the photographer. Thank goodness this was our last event for the day. I didn't have much time to eat lunch, so I was really hungry. I went to go stand in front of the white background. I just started to do random poses.
"That's great!" yelled the photographer. "Now I want the four of you to come up here and-Oh! It's EXO!" the photographer looked behind us. We all turned around and saw EXO coming towards us.

A worker with a clipboard came up to the photographer and pulled her away. The four of us went to go see EXO. "Hello, EXO Sunbaes." we all bowed.
They all bowed back. "Do you guys have a few minutes?" asked Xiumin.
"Yeah/Sure/Of course." we all answered. We all went to gather around one of the tables in a lobby area.

Kris spoke up, "We all just wanted to know more about you guys. We're all very impressed by the performances you all showed us."
Mihyun was our spokesperson. "Well, Soyun and I have been trainees for two weeks now. Minah became a trainee a few days ago, and this is _____'s first day."
"Welcome all of you." everyone said to us.
"Have you guys taken any singing or dancing lessons before you guys auditioned?" asked Chen.
Soyun spoke first, "I took dance lessons in my primary school years, and my first and second year of high school. And vocal lessons during my primary school years."
Mihyun spoke next, "I took hip-hop during all of my high school years, I took ballet for two years, and I took vocal lessons for one year."
Minah was next to talk, "My Unnie always had me come to her dance lessons to watch her. After a while, I was really amazed by it and wanted to take lessons myself. I really like it. So I took lessons ever since my primary school years."
Before I could say something, Tao spoke up, "That's really cool that you all took lessons. You all must've had really good instructors."
Suho looked down at me, "What about you, _____? Where did you learn to sing like that?"
"I could never take any vocal lessons because my parents couldn't afford it when I was young. I told them to put my money towards my education. I would always try to teach myself how to sing. I taught myself how to play the guitar and piano. I use them to help guide me with my vocals. I really wish I could take lessons though. I bet I could improve greatly."
I saw D.O. look over at Baekhyun, "Hey, she's just like you. You didn't have lessons either, right?"
Baekhyun shook his head and gave me a shy smile, "I didn't until I became a trainee here. I was just gifted with my voice. I never found the time to take lessons. My first vocal lesson was when I became a trainee. Ever since those lessons, I've improved a lot. You've got some gift, _____."
"Thank you." I shyly smiled.

Lay spoke up, "So how's the photo-shoot going?"
Mihyun looked down at him, "It's going pretty well. We're all photogenic. But I feel like we can improve on some of our shots."
"We can help you." said Chen. We all got up and headed towards the white background.
As we were heading up, someone tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey." said Baekhyun.
"H-Hey." I gave him a smile.
"I just wanted to compliment you on your performance. Honestly, that was one of the best singing performances I've ever heard."
"Thank you, Baekhyun Sunbae." I smiled and bowed.

"Hey, _____!" called Soyun, "Are you gonna get in the shot?"
I looked at them and the rest of EXO, "Um, not this time. You guys can go on without me." I looked back at Baekhyun.
"So, you really have never had any vocal lessons at all?" he asked.
I shook my head, "No. Not one."
His eyes widen, "That's incredible. You must've inherited it from your parents or something. I inherited my singing from my Umma." he said looking down at his feet.
"She wanted to be a singer?" I asked.
"Yeah. But when she married my Appa, she chose a different career instead because she wasn't making enough money."
I bit my lower lip, "Maybe I could've inherited my singing from my parents." I lowered my head. My birth parents...
Baekhyun noticed the sadness in my voice. Before he could say anything, Kai spoke up, "Hey, Baekhyun Hyung! Manager called. It's time to head back to the dorm."
"All right, I'll be there in a minute!" he called back. He looked at me, "Listen, I could always give you some private vocal lessons if you'd like. Just contact or find me whenever you wanna schedule a lesson."
My eyes widen, "Really?"
He smiled, "Of course." he ran over to a desk and grabbed a pin and sticky-note and wrote his contact information down. He handed me the pen and a sticky-note and I wrote my contact information down.
"Thank you, Baekhyun Sunbae. Thank you so much." I bowed.
He smiled and waved at me, "Anytime. See you soon, _____." he said as he headed out the door with the rest of the EXO members.


Baekhyun's POV
When we got back to the dorm, we all decide to watch some television while Kyungsoo cooked dinner for us. I sat on the sofa with my headphones in reading a magazine.
"Yah! Baekhyun, Hyung!" Tao pulled my headphones out.
"What?" I held my hand out in front of me.
"What did you think of the trainees' photo-shoot today?"
"Wait, what?" I threw him a puzzled look.
"Hyung, he wasn't with us during their photo-shoot. He and _____ were talking over on the side." said Sehun hitting his arm.
Lu Han came over and sat down on the floor in front of us, "You and _____ looked pretty close over there." he said smirking at me.
I scoffed, "What are you talking about, Hyung?"

Did we really look close today? I mean, we were just taking.

"Baekhyun!" Kris yelled from the kitchen with Kyungsoo smirking from the side, "Don't lie! You were silent in the car. You and Chanyeol weren't singing as usual. And right now, you're blushing."
"Kris, it's noth-" I was cut off as Kai leaned over the sofa and started poking my head.
"Does Hyung have a crush on the new trainee?" he smirked.
I closed my eyes and got up off the sofa. "I'm not eating tonight." I said as I walked into my room.

As I spread out on my bed I looked at the schedule for tomorrow. The group has two fan signing events, an interview, and a rehearsal. I wonder when _____ will want to schedule a lesson. Although, she's a new trainee. I remember during EXO's trainee days, our schedules were always busy.

After a long day, I felt really sleepy. I dozed off to sleep with my phone in my hand.

~Hours later~
As I opened my eyes I saw darkness around me. Chanyeol was resting himself on his left arm playing on his phone.
"What time is it?" I asked with sleepy eyes.
He looked up at me, "It's only 23:27."
"Really?" I started rubbing my eyes.
"Yep. Some of us were watching a horror movie in the living room. It ended a few minutes ago. Kyungsoo left you a plate of food in the fridge."

I pulled out my phone and looked at it.
1 Missed Call from Umma

I listened to the message, "Hey, Honey, I just wanted to check on how you're doing. Your Appa and I miss you and give you our support!" I put my phone away and laid back down. I starred up at the ceiling and just began to think.

I know I've been having all these horrible dreams every night, but I'm over-thinking it. I know how much Umma and Appa love Seunghyun, but they had to give her to an orphanage. We were so close to being homeless back then. We didn't have the money to support another child, and we still don't. I offered to give up my education money, but my parents wouldn't let me do it. I was extremely heartbroken after Umma went to the orphanage that night and never told me. I never even got to say my goodbyes. But I am very confident that a great family will come along and adopt Seunghyun. My family really loved Seunghyun, but we just couldn't do it anymore. Umma did the right thing by putting her in an orphanage instead of just leaving her out on the street. However, I will never forgive her for taking away my only sister. It caused me so much pain. Every time when a few of the members talk about their Noonas and Dongsaengs, I can't help, but to envy them.



Hey Readers! Were you shocked to find out about the real incident? *Smirks*
Don't worry. Baekhyun's Umma never killed his sister. Baekhyun was just imagining that incident all in his head. But wait until Baekhyun finds out the REAL truth later. t(^o^)t