I'll be here

One Of Us (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “Aera! Aera!” Chen shook her restless body. She gasped and sat straight up from her sleep. “You ok?”

          “I-I’m fine.” She panted.

          “You have a lot of nightmares, do you know that?”

          “I-I know.”

          “Do you want to talk about it?” he tried to be nice and comfort her.

          “I don’t want to talk about any of this wolf stuff. I’m done hearing or talking about it, it’s bad enough I have to live it.” She snapped. When she realized what she had said she looked up at Chen who seemed extremely hurt.

          “What’s so wrong with being like us? Are we that bad?”

          “You guys aren’t bad, I’m the bad one. It scares me and I hate being like this and I just want to be normal.”

          “I’m sorry but you can’t just be normal.”

          “I know… I should go. Tao will be worried. Thanks for everything, see you on Monday.” She got out of bed and headed downstairs.

          “Where are you going?” Luhan asked innocently.

          “Home. Thanks for everything.”

          “Need a ride?” Kai asked.

          “I’m just going to walk.” She declined and walked out the door. Everyone was silent when she left. Kris looked up the stairs and wondered what Chen was thinking.

          Sure enough he found the boy laying on his bed and staring at the ceiling.

          “You ok Chen Chen?” Kris leaned against the door frame.

          “I just want to help her. I can’t let one of our own just go out alone into the world. She belongs in a pack.”

          “That’s exactly how I feel.”

          Chen sat up and stared at him. “Really? You sure didn’t make her feel welcome.”

          “She has to learn how to be tough, and if she can’t be around us then how is she ever going to belong in the pack?” once again the alpha had the last word. “I am willing to help her because I can’t stand seeing a pup all alone in a world it doesn’t fit into.”

          “Do you think she can do it?”

          “Do what?”

          “Keep whatever she has been bottling up inside under control.”

          “If she has us by her side, she’ll have no problem.” He said before leaving. Chen sighed and laid back down on his bed.

 

          “I am mad at you.” Tao sat on the couch with his arms crossed and a pout on his lips.

          “I’m sorry, I didn’t plan on fainting in the streets. You’re lucky Chen was there to save me and take me somewhere.”

          “Did you two do it?”

          Aera choked on her own spit. “What!? NO! I may have been drunk but I am not easy! And don’t be mad at me because I saw you with Sunny last night.”

          Tao shut his mouth and flushed. “We were just dancing.”

          “With her on your crotch? Sure.” She rolled her eyes and flopped on her bed. It smelled like her but she smelled like them. “Didi.” She called out. “Come lay with me.”

          He gave a defeated sigh before laying down beside his sister. Like any other siblings, the Huang duo would fight, but not for long. By the end of the day they were all they had and knew that nothing could separate them.

          “Duibuqi.” She apologized.

          “Meiguanxi.” He forgave her.

          “Wo ai ni.”

          “Wo ai ni Jiejie.” He smiled at her.

          “Ah.” She huffed and hugged Tao. “My Didi is so grown up. Soon he’ll be getting girlfriends and ignoring his sister.” She fake pouted.

          “I will not.” He squeezed her and laughed.

          “No matter what, I will love you, and you should love me.”

          “No matter what.” He nodded and put his cheek on top of her head.

 

          “Soomi, did you get home alright?” Aera asked her on Monday when they were entering the school gates.

          “Yeah, Xiumin took me home. What about you? How did you get home?”

          “I… uh…” she stuttered. Soomi stopped and stepped in front of her best friend.

          “Something happened and you’re not telling me. Spill it.” She demanded. Aera bit her lip nervously and leaned in to whisper. “OH MY GOD!!!”

          “Soomi!” Aera covered as people began to stare. Her best friend squirmed and mumbled into her hand. “Keep quiet!”

          “You. Did. What?”

          “I just passed out on the sidewalk so he took me to his place. Nothing happened.”

          “You sure?”

          “Yes I’m sure. Now keep quiet.” She hit her shoulder.

          “Omo, there he is.” Soomi spotted Chen and the crew. Aera turned and met eyes with all of them and smiled awkwardly before turning and pulling Soomi into the building with her. “What was that all about?”

          “I guess it’s kind of awkward still. We’ll be ok in class.”

          “Oh, Xiumin!”

          “Hey girls. Hey, where’d you go at the party? I wanted to dance.” He fake pouted and made Aera blush.

          “We can dance anytime. Something came up.”

          Soomi raised an eye brow. “Yeah something came up.” She mumbled under her breath.

          “What?” Xiumin wondered.

          “Nothing, let’s get to class.”

          Chen watched as she grabbed his arm and pulled him to class. He was mad. Why? She should be with them, not them. She belonged in the pack, not with people who don’t understand.

          “She might be awkward for a while.” Baekhyun sighed.

          “Make sure you make her feel accepted. She’s a friend.” Chen reminded before they entered the class.

          “Whatever you say alpha.” Kai teased and went to his seat.

          Chen spotted Aera in her seat talking to Soomi, Xiumin, Henry, and Taemin. She seemed happy. Her eyes twinkled when she laughed but at the sight of the wolf boys she seemed sullen. She was reminded that she was in this normal world but she was a piece that was secretly misplaced. Chen felt guilty but also hurt because he was the same way too.

          “Ok class.” The teacher walked in and signaled for them to sit down. “Time for the first project of the yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter