Suho

One Of Us (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Birds chirped happily as the sun beamed down through the tops of trees onto the forest floor. The morning light made Aera squint as she awoke from her sleep and she felt rough and moist earth under her. The smell of dirt and leaves was all over her. She sat up and realized she was in the middle of the forest lying on the ground. Why wasn’t she on the tree? Where were the guys?

          “What the hell?” she began to panic. “Kris!? Chen!? Luhan!?” she called out but only the wind in the trees responded. “What the hell happened last night…” she tried to remember but it hurt to think. She held her head in her hands and collapsed to her knees.

          “Damn it all.” She cursed. For now all she could do is walk and follow her scent back.

          The walk was lighter and a lot less eerie as yesterday especially since the moon was gone. For now at least. Aera crossed her arms and walked on. Her clothes were all ripped and her jacket was gone. The longer she walked the more bad scenarios went through her head and the more she began to panic. Did they all leave without her? Did she kill them? No, then where was the blood?

          She thought too soon and noticed red stuff tainting some of the trees along with claw marks. Did she turn? No, then she would have been . Clothes don’t exactly stay on when you turn into a furry four legged beast.

          “Chen!? Baekhyun!? Kai!?” she tried calling out again with no response. She was following her scent trail back but she didn’t catch a whiff of anyone. How far into the forest was she?

          “I was chained to a tree? How did I escape?” she wondered. An image of ripping chains came into her mind. “Did I do that?” an image of a red eyed Chanyeol made her shiver. “Did Chanyeol get loose?”

          “Ugh.” A weak groan was heard and she halted. “Help.” It called out. No human would have heard that.

          “Hello?” she looked around and headed toward the voice.

          “Aera?”

          “Ch-Chanyeol!?” she gasped at the boy sprawled on the leaves. At first she looked away as not to see anything but then she realized that wasn’t going to help him. She spotted something familiar on the ground. Her coat.

          “Where are the others?” he asked.

          “I don’t know.” She answered as she covered his body with the coat. “What happened last night?” she asked.

          “Ugh.” He groaned at the pain in his head as he tried to recall any memories. “Since I’m in the woods I either turned or got really drunk.”

          A horrible scent made her cover her nose and look around. “What is that wretches scent?”

          “Apparently a few deer came across my path.” He admitted, looking at the pile of rotting deer carcasses. That explained the blood.

          “Come on. We have to find the others.” She pulled on his arm so he stood up. He wrapped the coat around his waist.

          “Are you cold?”

          “No.” she shook her head. “You’re the one who was , I should be asking you that.”

          “Kris is going to kill me.”

          “Why?”

          “We try our hardest not to turn, because we have no control and are unstoppable. Something could have happened.”

          “You had no control, you know that.”

          “I wish I did. I’m always the one who can’t hold it all in.” he grumbled with a cold expression. “What if I hurt someone?”

          “Don’t think about that. We can’t afford to.”

          “How far are we?”

          “Apparently really far. I walked about three miles before finding you.”

          “Do you smell that?” he sniffed the air. She took a moment and inhaled the air.

          “Humans?”

          “Come on.” He pulled her and started running, holding the coat on his waist with the other hand.

          “Why are we running!?”

          “A girl and a boy wandering in the woods. One is . How does that sound?”

          “Oh.” She blushed. “Wait.” She stopped and inhaled slowly. “That way.” She pointed a different direction.

          “I don’t smell anything.”

          “I know that scent anywhere.” She said and walked further.

          “Is it one of the guys?”

          “It’s Chen.” His name rolled of her tongue smo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter