Discoveries

One Of Us (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Then the daily routine started.

1.    Wake up

2.    Wake up Tao

3.    Make breakfast

4.    Get ready

5.    Go to school

         Once Aera got to school she was greeted by Soomi and followed by Xiumin. They both went to class and saw everyone already settling. Xiumin tensed when he saw the guys from yesterday in the corner of the room conversing. He walked Aera to her seat and stood and talked to her with Soomi. She tensed when she sensed Chen walking to his seat beside her.

“Good morning Aera-shi.” He greeted, which kind of surprised her.

        “Good morning Chen-shi.” She awkwardly greeted.

“Please, just call me Chen.” He flashed her a smile that made her heart skip a beat. Xiumin noticed and stepped in.

        “I’m going to my seat now, see you later.” He put his finger under her chin and made her look up at his cute smile. She blushed and smiled back. Soomi rolled her eyes.

         “Bye bestie, I love you.” She went to her seat.

         “Tao would kill you if he saw that.” Aera reminded Xiumin as he walked to his seat. He shrugged and put a finger to his lips.

         “Who’s Tao?” Chen asked.

         “My brother.”

“Should I be scared of him?”

“He spent eleven years studying martial arts. You tell me.” She teased. Chen chuckled and again went her nerves.

“Is he older?”

“Younger by one year.”

“Do you know any martial arts?” he asked.

“Tao made sure I knew how to fight.”

‘Plus I have supernatural strength so who needs martial arts?’ she quipped to herself.

“What about you? What can you do?”

“I can do things.”

“Could you be any more vague?” she joked.

“Not vague, just mysterious.”

Chen didn’t know why, but the conversation with Aera was going smoothly and very casually.

“Ok Mr. Mysterious, I see how it is.”

Before he could say anymore the teacher walked in and started the lesson. Chen couldn’t concentrate because he had so much to ask the girl sitting beside him. Every once in a while he’d glance over and see her either taking notes or texting Soomi.

“Aera.” He whispered so low that no human could hear easily, but her ears perked up and she turned to him.

          “What?” she whispered normally.

          “… Hi.” Chen had nothing to say.

          The girl giggled and shook her head.

          Break time was the same. The new boys were loners on their own and Aera was with her usual crew. Chen barely listened to Kai’s lame story and listened into Aera’s table.

          “Soomi! Hyung hit me!” Sehun whined.

          “Shut up.” D.O shook his head.

          “You guys are lame.” Tao mumbled.

          “You want me to hit you too?” D.O threatened.

          “You touch my brother and I will make sure your life is a living hell.” Aera let her anger slipped and she covered .

          “S-sorry. I was joking.” D.O backed off.

          “Wo ai ni Jiejie!” Tao leaned down and nestled his head on her shoulder.

          “Anything for Didi.” She patted his head and spoke Chinese.

          Chen let out a soft chuckle and the other members gave him a strange look.

          “What’s so funny?” Chanyeol asked.

          “Nothing.” He shook his head.

          “We heard you talking to Aera, didn’t sound like you found out anything.” Kai teased.

          “Well you can’t exactly go up and ask someone if they’re a werewolf.” He mumbled. “Plus… I did discover something.”

          “What?”

          “Watch this.” He sat up straight. “Aera.” He didn’t turn and look at her and his tone was only heard by his three other friends. Until Aera’s ears perked and she looked around as if someone called her.

          “Sensitive hearing.” Baekhyun mumbled.

          “Just to be sure, find out more.” Chanyeol said.

         

          “Gym day!” Soomi cheered as they walked out o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter