Scared and Alone

One Of Us (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “Is she awake yet?”

          “Are you sure that’s what you saw?”

          “What do you plan on doing?”

          “Should we tell her?”

          These voices spoke in Aera’s head as she opened her eyes. The light made her eyes hurt and her head was pounding. The room was still spinning as she looked around. She smelled something unfamiliar and it wasn’t her room.

          ‘Where am I?’ she thought. She let out a groan and all the voices downstairs stopped.

          “Another nightmare?” someone asked.

          ‘What’s going on? Where am I? God I hurt so much.’ She rolled over on her stomach and stuffed her face in her pillow. Except, it wasn’t her pillow. The scent was different, and strangely alluring.

          “Aera.”

          She turned to the sound and saw Chen standing at the door.

          “Chen? Where am I?” she asked as her vision cleared.

          “My place. This is my room.” He explained and slowly made his way towards her.

          “W-what? What am I doing here?”

          “Do you not remember last night?” he asked as he sat next to her on the bed.

          “I think I could but I’m afraid to.” She groaned and slammed her face in the pillow.

          “Nothing bad happened. Well… nothing really bad.”

          “Am I still a ?” she asked with her voice muffled in her pillow.

          Chen chuckled. “Yes, no one touched you.”

          “Oh my God Tao is going to kill me.” She yanked her hair in stress.

          “I messaged him with your phone and told him you were here.”

          “He let me stay?”

          “Well, last night a guy on the street tried to make a move and you fainted so I took you here.” He explained.

          Aera remembered the guy and whimpered as she put her face in her hands. “I totally lost my cool last night.”

          “Do you remember anything else?”

          Aera thought really hard. “We danced.” She blushed. “And… I almost tore that ert apart.” She growled. Then a gasp escaped her lips. “You saw me… Oh no. Did you see my eyes?” she panicked. Chen nodded slowly. “Oh God please don’t tell anyone… I- I.” she didn’t know how to explain it and was on the verge of tears.

          “Aera, Aera!” he put his hands firmly on her shoulders and stared deeply into her eyes. His eyes were a dark brown but she remembered them being red too.

          “You have my eyes too…”

          “We need to talk.” He told her. She could only nod and watch him go into his closet. “Wear these.” He tossed her a small t-shirt and sweatpants. “Come, you can use our shower.” As she got up she felt her legs wobble and suddenly she fell into his arms.

          “Do I need to carry you to the bathroom as well?” he chuckled and flashed his charming smile. Aera felt her face heat up and it wasn’t like her to get embarrassed so easily. She stood up and walked out the door behind Chen. He led her to the bathroom and the shower for her. “Come downstairs when you’re done. Lock the door and the towels are in the drawer.” He told her before disappearing down the hall and stairs.

          “Does she remember?” Kris asked.

          “She does, but she is so confused. She looked so scared.” Chen sighed and plopped on the couch.

          “I’m cooking bacon.” Kai stood up.

          “Aera doesn’t eat meat.” Chen defended.

          “She will now.” He ignored him.

          All the others were nursing hang overs, except Kris, Baekhyun and Chen. Chanyeol was a grumpy mess on the couch, Luhan was whimpering in one of the bean bags, And Kai just had a headache. Kris handed them cups of tea and they smiled thankfully.

          “Gosh I couldn’t sleep with that girls continuous whimpering. She must have had a nightmare five times last night.” Chanyeol grumbled.

          “Leave her alone.” Chen growled. Through the night he had watched over her and was saddened to see her crying in her sleep.

          “Quit defending your girlfriend.” He snapped back.

          “Chen is right. Be quiet you grumpy pup.” Kris always had the final word. The kitchen started to smell like bacon and it made all the boys mouths water.

          As Aera showered she had only questions but she was too scared to get out of the shower. The only things she had to use was the guys shampoos and what not so she smelled like a dude. Chen’s clothes only made her smell more enticing. Her dark circles were showing and she really wanted to run right now if it weren’t for her headache and nausea. She dried her hair and went out in the hallway. She looked around curiously.

          “Whoa.” She whispered as she saw the whole plac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter