Cruel Jiejie

One Of Us (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Chen and Tao were in the office looking at the ground waiting for all hell to break loose. Kris and Aera were called to pick the boys up after their incident and Chanyeol, Kai, Baekhyun, Sehun and Xiumin waited outside for them to arrive. Even they knew the trouble that was coming.

          “I should ask Tao if I can have his game system before Aera noona kills him.” Sehun thought out loud and earned a smack in the head from Xiumin.

          “I really hope Kris hyung isn’t in a bad mood today.” Baekhyun prayed.

          “When is he ever in a good mood?” Kai retorted. Then the screeching of tires made them all jump and it was their old red car.

          “Oh .” Chanyeol whimpered. Luhan got out first timidly with Kris stomping out.

          “I pray that Chen hyung be sent to heaven and-” Kai elbowed Baekhyun as he prayed to the heavens.

          “Where is the mutt?” Kris sighed and tried to keep calm. Today wasn’t the best day to be exact.

          “In the office.” Chanyeol answered.

          “Please show mercy hyung.” Baekhyun pleaded. Luhan shook his head behind Kris as Baekhyun reached out to touch his arm, which he pulled back cautiously. “What’s wrong with hyung?” he asked as Kris disappeared into the school.

          “Besides finding out that Chen of all people got into a fight and lost his temper, he had a meeting with Suho today.”

          “Suho? What’s he doing in Seoul?” Kai questioned.

          “Kris won’t tell me anything. Just-” another car approaching made everyone freeze and Sehun hid behind Xiumin.

          Aera came out with a cold expression which was slightly relieving because things would be bad if steam was coming out of her ears. Everyone watched as she strutted over, not knowing if she would explode.

          “Is he in the office?” she asked Xiumin with a deep and menacing voice. He only nodded in response.

          “Aera.” Luhan gave her a pleading gaze.

          “Don’t worry, I’m fine.” She assured him and walked inside.

          ‘How does she know all of Chen’s friends?’ Xiumin wondered.

 

          Aera walked into the office and saw Kris standing in front of Chen, who just looked down and cowered in his chair. They had been doing that for a few minutes now. Then her eyes saw a timid Tao sitting in a chair on the other side of the office with coach protectively by his side. Even he knew how fierce Aera could be.

          “Aera.”

          “Care to explain why you’re here Zi Tao.” She spoke his full first name which made him flinch. She noticed his bruises on his arms and one on his face.

          “I got into a fight.”

          “A fight you say?” she was mocking him. “Why did you fight?”

          “I kicked a ball at Chen-shi’s head and he got made and started hitting me.”

          “Just because you kicked a ball at his head?” she raised an eyebrow knowingly.

          “I was being hard on him all of practice.” He confessed.

          Kris watched as Aera interrogated her brother and was impressed by how she was keeping her cool. He glanced at Chen who had his eyes only on her.

          “Chen.” Kris called him. He perked up in his seat and looked fearfully into his eyes. “Did you lose your cool?”

          “I did.” He admitted. “I should’ve known better than to have lost it like that.”

          Aera felt guilty because him losing his temper wasn’t entirely his fault. She looked back down at Tao who winced at her heart piercing glare.

          “Coach, make sure Tao does double the laps as everyone else at practice tomorrow. Double the push-ups, and double the drills until they are perfected.”

          “Aera, I was going to tell you this tomorrow but since you’re here, you are manager of the boys’ varsity soccer team.”

          “Good. I’ll be at practice tomorrow as well too.”

          “If you don’t mind Aera.” Kris called to her. “Make sure Chen does that too. A home punishment wouldn’t be suitable for this.”

          “Sure thing.” She nodded and looked back down at her brother. “You are going home and cooking dinner then studying for three hours. For tonight’s punishment. This weekend you’re cleaning the whole house.”

          “Yes Jiejie.” He nodded in Mandarin.

          “Tao.” Kris called to him and he looked up in surprise. “Jiayo.” He gave him a fighting in Mandarin and left with Chen behind him.

 

          The ride home was awkward and tense for Tao but Aera didn’t pay attention to it. She was guilty about how Chen got in trouble for Tao’s immature behavior.

          “Why did you do it? Why were you giving Chen a hard time?”

          “He touched my sister.”

          “Tao.” She let out a cry of desperation. “I know you care and all but I’m older and I can handle myself most of the time. I don’t need you to be over protective of me all the time.”

          “I’m sorry.”

          “It’s fine but please don’t do something like that again. Chen got in trouble because of your mistake and Kris isn’t easy going.”

          “Jiejie do you like him?”

          Aera sighed and looked at the road. “I don’t know Tao. What if I did?”

          “I’d still make fun of him. No guy is good enough for my Jiejie.”

          “Why don’t you like him?”

          “He’s just… suspicious. Him and his friends.”

          “They’re all good guys so leave them alone. Got it?”

          “Got it.”

         

          The next day at school the four wolf boys we sitting in class and laughing and everyone looked as Aera marched in with her little brother beside her. Girls giggled as they looked at the cute younger brother who rarely ever came into the older classmen’s rooms.

          “Chen.” Aera called him and he smiled up at her. “Someone has something to say.” She elbowed Tao and he looked at the ground and fiddled with his fingers.

          “I am sorry about yesterday. Please forgive me.”

          The Tao that stood in front of him now was Aera’s innocent younger brother and not her protective one.

          “I forgive you. It was also my fault as well.” Chen shot him a warm smile.

          “Now go to class. Be prepared for practice after school.” She warned. He bowed and scurried out.

          “That was so cute!” Soomi squealed. “I can’t believe that started a fight.”

          “Are you ok Chen?” Aera asked him.

          “I didn’t expect him to be a match after I lost it. He certainly is a martial artist.” He chuckled.

          “Did you get hurt?”

          “After I got a few hits on him he made some pretty deadly blows.”

          “Let me guess. The legs, the back and then chest.”

        

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter