D-Day 1

One Of Us (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

   Aera woke up feeling like a piece crap that someone stepped in and scraped off on the sidewalk. Her head was aching and her insides felt like they were being played with like a child with play dough. She found it difficult to sit up since there was an extra weight on top of her. She realized that Chen was beside her with his whole arm on her upper body.

    “Get off me!” she growled and pushed him off of her. He woke up from the sudden movement and looked up with a crooked smile.

    “Good morning.”

    “It would be if I didn’t wake up to your fat pinning me to my bed.” she sneered before walking straight out of her bedroom and into the bathroom.

    Chen, barely awake, laid there dumbfoundedly. What was her problem so early in the morning.

    “OH MY GOD! TAO, QUIT LEAVING YOUR STUPID FACE CREAMS ALL OVER THE BATHROOM SINK!” he heard her scream.

    Chen secretly got changed into his uniform without Tao noticing he was sleeping in his sisters room. When Aera came back fully clothed and made up she was stomping around and shoving things here and there. He wanted to ask what her deal was, but what if she decided to kill him out of rage?

    The two went down the stairs to get breakfast while Tao was in the bathroom. Aera stood in the kitchen while staring at the cereals in their cabinet.

    “Which one do you want?” Chen asked, not sure if that’s what he really wanted to say.

    Her hands pushed the cabinet doors roughly, making them slam loudly. “None of them. Apparently we have the tiest cereals available in this house.”

    “Uh…” How was he supposed to respond to that?

    “Tao can make whatever he wants, all I do is cook for him.” she scavenged in the fridge, pushing things roughly from one side to another.

    “Aera… are you ok?”

    Just that one question made her snap and slam the fridge door shut. “Am I ok?” she chuckled evilly. “Am I ok!?” Chen flinched when she turned to him with the fires of hell in her eyes. “I’m bleeding and cramping! What do you think!?”

    In the eternal silence, Chen’s phone buzzed in his pocket.

    ‘It’s D-Day 1. Prepare for a one way trip to hell.’ Tao had sent a group text.

    ‘D-Day? Isn’t that code for...’ he looked at his raging girlfriend one more time until it finally sunk in. ‘Oh no… Save us now.’

 

    Soomi waited nervously beside Xiumin in front of the school, although they wished they could not be there at all. This time of the month was always the scariest. Aera was like a monster that wants to destroy everything in its path. The first time this happened she made Soomi cry and Sehun was scared for his life.

    “Poor Chen. I hope they’re still together after this.”

    Xiumin took a deep breath and stuffed his hands in his pockets. “Can’t we just go inside? It’s kind of cold.”

    “No!” Soomi replied with wide eyes. “Remember what happened the last time we didn’t wait outside for her?”

    Last time, she came in the school like a raging bull and called them out in the middle of the hallway. Why she was so mad about them not waiting outside, they had no clue.

    “Hey.” the wolf boys, minus Chen, approached them. “What did Tao mean by ‘D-Day 1’?” Kai asked. Apparently, they all had received the group message.

    “Aera is a raging ball of anger today.” answered Xiumin.

    The boys all looked at them, waiting for further explanation. Soomi rolled her eyes and bluntly said, “She started her period.”

    “Aah.” they all nodded awkwardly.

    “She seriously needs to get some medication or something.” she added.

    “I don’t think medication will help.” muttered Chanyeol. The boys knew that it was mostly caused by her inner wolf trying to ease some tension.

    “They’re here, they’re here!” Sehun, who had saw their car down the street was running for his life into the school building.

    Soomi made the sign of the cross as if she had just said her prayers and took a deep breath. Xiumin slightly stepped behind her, which made her glare at him.

    “Oh, she looks maaaad.” Baekhyun pointed out.

    Tao got out of the car and walked quickly went into the building. He had suffered the most amount of terror from his sister. Chen got out of the car and shot a desperate ‘save me’ look to his pack.

    “Imagine waking up next to her this morning.” Kai whispered to Baekhyun, and they both snickered under their breaths.

    “Morning, guys.” Chen greeted them stiffly. Instead of holding Aera’s hand he stood a good few inches away from her. When he accidently bumped shoulders with her she yelled at him for a whole three minutes.

    “Morning.” they all greeted back strangely.

    “What’s up, Aera?” Soomi asked.

    She looked at her with irritated eyes. “Nothing. What’s up with you?”

    Soomi rocked on her feet nervously. “N-nothing. I was just waiting for you, want to go to class?”

    Aera rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. “I don’t want to, but I guess I have to.” She walked passed them and into the school. Chen followed behind and looked back at them with a stunned expression.

    “This is only the beginning.” Xiumin sighed.

 

    “God, this food .” Aera grumbled as she and Chen walked to their lunch table.

    “You need to eat.” he told her.

    “I want ice cream.”

    “Ice cream won’t nourish you.”

    She looked at him with a look that could kill. “I. Want. Ice cream.”

    Soomi quickly stepped in to save Chen from being murdered with a plastic spoon. “Want to get some after school?”

    “What do you think?” she snarled. As she poked her food she noticed Chanyeol glowering at her. “What?” she snapped. The ferocity in her voice made him flinch back. He. Chanyeol. The king of grumpiness.

    “Aera, you need to eat.” Xiumin advised her. All he received in response was a grunt.

    “Jiejie, please.” Tao begged. She was so pissed about there being no cereal this morning that she skipped breakfast.

    “Fine!” she barked. She stuffed a piece of chicken into . “Happy?” She didn’t care if they saw the chewed up food in .

    “You seriously need to get these hormones in check. See a doctor or something.”

    Everyone froze after Kai said what he said.

    D.O put his head on the table and whispered, “He’s going to die today.”

    Soomi started praying for him in her mind as she stared at the scene unfolding in front of her. Chanyeol couldn’t even look up from his food. Sehun and Tao stared at them both with tears in their eyes. Chen was ready to jump in in an instant if things would go down. Even Kai knew what he said was bound to get him thrown through a wall, but something had to be said.

    Aera did not look furious, but she definitely had an aura of animosity around her. “I did, and they gave me pills, which didn’t do .” she slammed her hand on the table and everyone flinched. “You know, I’ve been through a lot of messed up things and I deserve at least one day of expressing my resentment towards the world. You’d know better than anyone.”

    With those words she left, Chen didn’t even bother to follow.

    “You couldn’t just shut up, could you?” Baekhyun shook his head.

    “Someone had to say something!” Kai exclaimed. “Are we supposed to just let her push around all day?”

    “Yes.” Soomi said sternly. “This is something that only happened a year ago, after her accident. She was actually never the same after that, but she is returning to normal. She doesn’t talk about it but I know that she has nightmares, PTSD, and other mental side effects from her animal attack. Nothing can be done about how she is so we just have to put up with it. It’s only for one day.”

 

    Aera was too mad to stay in school. She needed to run. She was about to sprint out of the school gates until a black Ferrari skidded in front of her.

    “Watch it!” she roared at the car.

    “My, my. Such a temper.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter