Around a fire

One Of Us (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Her bags were all packed for this long and stressful weekend with all her necessities. It was only Thursday and she had to drop everything and get out of the area and then return on Sunday like nothing happened. She hated these times but if she didn’t do it someone could get hurt, but at least she had the boys to be with her through it. A part of her was calm but knowing she was with others of her kind she had a bad feeling sinking inside.

          “Uh, Tao.” Aera walked down the stairs and saw her little brother in the living room watching TV.

          “Sorry I know I should be training.” He jumped as if he were about to get scolded.

          “No, you can relax for the rest of the weekend.” She told him. He looked at her and then her bag in her hand.

          “Where are you going?”

          ‘I’m going with Chen and his friends to fight our wolf powers and we might not make it back!!!’ she screamed inside.

          “Mom and Dad had something for me to pick up out of town and I have to go and get it.” She lied.

          “Oh, is it a birthday present?” he asked obliviously to his sister’s lie.

          “You’ll see.” She managed to fake a smile. “I’ll miss you Didi.” She pulled him into a hug. He was surprised but he didn’t think much of the affection since they were siblings.

          “You want me to stay at Sehun’s house until you come back?” he asked.

          “I would like that… Actually stay D.O’s place.”

          “But he nags me like a mom.” He whined.

          “Alright. Stay at Sehun’s and only Sehun’s I don’t want you wandering the city without me in the area. Don’t make trouble, do good in school, and I’ll text and call every day.”

          “Alright, alright. Bye Jiejie, wo ai ni!!!” he squeezed her and she went out with a smile but once she got to the car she sat there. A tear rolled down her cheek and she looked down at her phone.

          ‘We’re heading out in half an hour, are you on your way?’ Chen texted.

          “Clothes, toiletries, music, phone, shoes, food.” She listed off everything she packed.

          ‘I have everything, on my way.’ She sniffled as she texted and then drove off.

 

          Everyone was in front of the warehouse packing things into Kris’ car. They had their bags and a few boxes filled with stuff as they stuffed it into the trunk. Aera laughed softly as she saw Baekhyun trying to stuff one last bag into the trunk but it just wasn’t fitting.

          “Yah! Put some of it in my car!” she rolled up and laughed. “Where are we going?” she asked Kris as she opened the trunk and stuffed some things in it.

          “We’re going south to a camping spot in the forest.” He told her and she froze. He looked up at her and eyed her strangely. “Is everything ok?” he raised an eyebrow.

          “Y-yeah. I love camping.” She smiled and closed the trunk with an unsettling expression.

          “You mind if some of the boys ride with you? A long road trip with all six of us inside might be hectic.”

          “Uh yeah, I thought we were doing that anyway.”

          “Ok. Who wants to ride with Aera!?!” Kris called out to the boys. They all froze and looked in that direction.

          “I call shot gun!” Chen screamed.

          “No I want to go!” Baekhyun whined.

          “I do not want to be in a car with any of these idiots.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

          “I need Luhan with Aera because he knows the way to the campsite.” Kris announced and Luhan did a victory dance and stuck his tongue out to the others. “And…” he looked at his pups but none were more desperate than Chen who couldn’t stop moving and pleading with his eyes. “Chen.”

          “Yeah!” he cheered and went to the front seat.

          “Hey, I want the front seat.” Luhan stopped him.

          “But I called shot gun already.” He responded with an innocent face.

          “Whatever, just hurry so we can roll out.” Kris told them.

          Aera got in the car and Chen pushed Luhan to the ground before sitting in the seat beside Aera. Luhan was raging outside the car and the others could only laugh at him as he stomped to the back seat. Aera looked through the rear view mirror and saw he was glaring right at Chen.

          “There are blankets and pillows back there if you get tired or uncomfortable and I have snacks up here if you get hungry.” She said.

          “You’re the best Meimei.” Luhan beamed at her.

          “What did you call her?” Chen asked.

          “None of your business.” Luhan snapped in Mandarin.

          “So mean gege.” Aera chimed back.

          “I am confused.” Chen pouted.

          “Let’s go!” Kris signaled off and drove off with Aera not too far behind.

          “How long will this trip be?” she asked.

          “About six hours.” Luhan replied.

          “I’ll drive for you if you get tired.” Chen offered.

          “Thanks Chen Chen.”

 

          Luhan was sleeping soundly in the backseat while Chen stayed wide awake with Aera. They didn’t say much so the only sound heard was Luhan’s light snores and the sound of the car zooming through the highway. The whole time Aera could only think about the fact that they were going camping, in the forest, a deep and dark forest.

          “Hey.” Chen spoke softly after watching her troubled expression stare at the road.

          “Yeah?” she smiled at him.

          “You ok? Want me to drive?”

          “I’m fine, just anxious about tomorrow night.”

          “You’ll be fine.”

          “Ever since letting go of all my restra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter