Teo-Love at First Beat

Lunafly Scenarios

Hey guys, long time no post! :P I now have two study halls so I should be able to actually get some stuff done. So this lovely piece of work was requested by an (hopefully patient) anon. It's also a bit on the longer side, just because I've been absent for a while. Hope you enjoy!

~Admin Bunny

(7/7/17 catch up)

__________________________________________________________________________

“Alright, next up we have Jamil from Chad singing ‘Van Gogh’.” Sam reads off a sheet of paper. All three band members and their manager are sitting around the table in the conference room in front of a projector screen. Lunafly had conducted a music video contest where the winner would not only get a signed CD, but they’d get the chance to meet Lunafly as well. The contest had ended almost a week ago and the band still had a ton of entries to watch. Some were amazing, others were just there, but there wasn’t a single one that completely blew them out of the water.

“I hope this one’s pretty good. Honestly, the last few were a little....” Teo sighs, leaning back against his chair.

“I have to agree. It also probably didn’t help that all three sang the same song and none of them were all that great.” Yun adds from the other side of the table.


“Cheer up guys,” Sam pats Yun’s back, trying to keep the mood up. He peeks at the list of entries and points the one that’s next on the list. “This next one looks good. It’s a cover of Rolling in the Deep by ________.”

The manager straightens up in his seat. This was the first of the 1,000 entries they’d already listened to that wasn’t a cover of a Lunafly song. “Well, let’s get crackin’ boys, we’ve got a ton of videos to get through yet tonight.” He pressed play and that’s when everyone in the room disappeared.

You hadn’t even started singing yet and Teo was completely mesmerized by you. Your smile fills the screen while the wind blows your silky hair around your face, framing it just right. The entire feeling of the video was darker, but everything was high def. The instrumental quieted down a bit as your voice came in.

“Whoa,” All three say in unison. Your voice takes them by surprise.

“I was not expecting that voice to come from that body.” Sam scoffs, leaning forward to watch more.

“She’s beautiful,” Teo lets slip, causing his fellow band members and manager to look at him oddly. “What? Oh, did I say that out loud? I meant to say that her voice is beautiful. Yeah, her voice is lovely.”

“Don’t lie hyung, you totally have a thing for her.” Yun smirks, shaking his head.

“Of course not! …. Well, maybe….. She is kind of cute…”

“I knew it!” Yun jumps up and races over to Teo to give him a slap on the back. “You’re in a little over your head hyung. But good luck with that.”

“If she wins, then we can see her, and I can exchange numbers with her-”

“Whoa there Casanova, you have no idea what she’s like. She could be a complete sasaeng fan for all you know.” Sam warns, trying to break Teo from his little high.

“But what if she isn’t? What if she’s just a normal fan who likes our music? What if she’s the most fantastic girl in the world and you’re keeping me from her.” Teo gets up and jumps in Sam’s lap. “This is just like that one American movie. What’s it called? I don’t remember, but it’s just like that movie. Hyung, she’s right in front of us and I think I just might like her.”

“What do you want us to do about it?” Sam asks, feeling sceptical about this whole situation.

“Can we choose her?” Teo asks sheepishly, afraid of what backlash he might receive from his friends and manager. “I really think I like her, guys.”

Everyone is silent and looking at each other, not really sure how to respond. They don’t seem to be completely rejecting the idea, that’s a plus. Sam whispers something in Yun’s ear, to which he nods. The manager shuffles through his paperwork before pulling a single page out from the stack and looks at the two boys. Both give a thumbs up, leaving Teo in a dust of confusion.

“Um, guys?”

“I guess we can declare her the winner.” Yun smiles, holding back laughter. “Man, I would’ve never guessed that our reasoning for choosing the winner was because Teo has a little boy crush on her,” Sam chides in English, chuckling at his younger band member. Even though Teo didn’t understand the whole sentence, he did understand the insult that Sam threw at him.

“Hey, are you calling me a little kid?” Teo demands, standing up in a bout of anger.

“Maybe,” Yun laughs, punching Teo in the shoulder.

He can’t think of any better comeback, so instead he whines, “You’re younger than me, so you can’t talk.”

”Can’t deny the truth hyung,” Yun snorts, getting ready to run from his fellow bandmate. Teo sees what he’s doing and decides that he’s not even worth the time of day.

“Fine fine.” Teo leans back in his chair, only now really processing what Sam said. “Wait, we’re picking her?”

“Yes smart one, we’re picking her.”

“Really?” Teo shoots up from his chair, causing it to go flying backward against the wall. “She wins? ______-ah really wins?!”

“Wow, he’s pretty smitten with her already. Even knows her name.” Sam chuckles. “Yes, ______-ah will win the contest.”

“That’s great! Can we call her, please please please?” Teo jumps up and down, completely ecstatic.

“Well, you’re just in luck because she happens to actually live in Korea,” Manager-nim interjects, holding up the sheet of paper he had pulled before. ______-ah’s profile.

“YES!” Teo bounces over and takes the sheet with him out into the hall where he pulls out his phone and starts dialing the number.

The line rings about four times before there’s an answer. “Hello?”

“Hello! Is this ______-ah?” Teo asks, trying hard to keep his excitement in. He was talking to her, he was really talking to her!

“Yes, it is. How can I help you?”

“I’m Teo from Lunafly and I was just calling to let you know that you are the winner of your music video contest!” He smiles, trying hard not to sound too excited.

There’s silence until you finally able to form actual words. “Wait, are you serious?” You scoff, not sure if you should believe him or not. “This isn’t some sort of joke, right?”

“Nope, this is very real. Are you busy this afternoon?”

“Um, no, why?”

“We’d like to give you your prize in person if you don’t mind.” Teo looks sheepishly at Sam, who had followed him out into the hall. His eyes widen, but he nods, saying that it was fine. “How about we meet you at Jiyugaoka? Does that work for you?”

“Yeah, I guess so. What time?” You ask, still frazzled.

“In an hour?”

“Okay. I guess I’ll see you guys there, then.”

“Sounds great! Bye ______-ah!” Teo announces, clicking off and turning to Sam who looks mildly amused over in his corner. “I can’t believe it, she sounds so cute!”

“Well Romeo, let’s go get dressed since you made us a schedule on one of our only off days.” Sam claps his hand on his dongsaeng’s back and leads him back to the dorms to get him ready for his first date.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

You hang up the phone, staring blankly at your TV which is playing your favorite show, but you lost all interest in it as soon as you had picked up the phone.

“Wait,” You say aloud, still processing the last five minutes. “That was…and I just…but how?” Without another word you slide off the couch onto the floor where you stare at the ceiling for another few minutes.

“Holy crap!” You spring up, lookin down at your rather frumpy appearance of wrinkled pajamas and a bee’s nest of hair. “I’m meeting Lunafly at a cafe in 45 minutes. I can’t look like this!”

It takes you a record time of twelve minutes to shower, get dressed, and make yourself look presentable for your biases. The entire time, you continue to run through how in the world it was even possible for you to win the contest. It’s not like you were something special. You’re brother was the one who filmed everything for you for crying out loud!

The walk to the cafe from your flat was about twenty minutes and when you arrived you found the place completely empty of people, minus the staff. This place was usually hopping with people, especially foreigners who were visiting Korea. The man behind the cash register walked over to you and placed you at a table in the center of the small space and brought you a glass of water without a single word. You thanked him, but he just smiled and went back to his spot behind the counter.

You casually sip on your water, trying to push the nerves away. The bell on the door chimes that someone has arrived, but you are too afraid to turn around.

“There she is!” Comes an excited whisper from someone behind you.

“Be quiet you dummy, you don’t want to scare her away before you even get to talk to her. Come on, let’s go sit down.”

You pretend to be very interested in the menu when a familiar trio appears beside you. As casually as you can muster, you look up and smile, hoping you look somewhat normal. “Hi!”

“Hello, you must be _____-ah. I’m Sam and this is Yun and Teo.” Sam smiled sweetly, pointing out the other two stunning band members. They were dressed casually, but in a way that made them look very fashion forward.

“Nice to meet you guys. You have no idea how excited I was when I got your call! I just couldn’t believe I actually won something! I know I can sing and all, but I never really thought I was anything special, and my video was recorded on my digital camera, so I didn’t really think they looked that great, and I mean I just can’t believe you’re right here in front of me! THis is insane!” You ramble on and on, not really catching yourself.

Teo takes the seat beside you and looks just as eager to be here as you are. You would have continued to talk, but when you took a break to breath, he cut in. “I thought your video was great. It looked really professional. I loved yo- I mean, I loved the whole video.”

“Thanks,” You blush, feeling your heart pounding in your chest.

Sam and Yun take the remaining chairs around the table and pick up the menu. “So, _____-ah, tell us a little about yourself.”

“Well,” You start fidgeting with your skirt, hoping your nerves weren’t as obvious as you felt they were. “I moved to Korea not long after finishing high school, and I love it here. I’m actually a mentor at the local hagwon. I’ve listened to you guys ever since Sam did a collaboration with Megan Lee, but my baise has to be Teo oppa.”

Sam and Yun perk up upon hearing that. They both glance at their third member who looked dazed in his seat. “Oh, is that so? Well, in all honesty, Teo was the main reason we decided to pick you.”

“Really?” You gasp, looking at him. Teo’s face is beet red, but his smile to you is very cute.

“Yeah, really. He just loved your voice. Tell her, Teo.”

“Um,” He stammers, not sure how to keep going. “Y-yeah, you’re voice is really pretty.”

“Thank you,” you blush, trying to calm your racing heart.

“Oh, for Pete’s sake, Teo if you won’t tell her then I will,” Sam huffs, putting down his menu to look you straight in the eye. “He has a huge crush on you.”

You blink, not sure what to think about that. Teo yells at Sam and proceeds to get up and chase him, but you’re too busy not dying to really pay attention. Yun suddenly takes the seat beside you and smiles apologetically. “Sorry about them. Sam’s been too busy teasing Teo the whole way here to actually really think about the fact that we were meeting a complete stranger.”

“Did Sam just say that…” You trail off, not sure how to approach the subject.

“That Teo has a major crush on you? Yeah, he wasn’t kidding about it either. He practically fell in love with you as soon as your face popped up on the screen and your voice just sealed the deal.”

“But...why me? I’m nothing special,” You shy away from Yun, focusing your attention on a wrinkle in your top.

“That’s not what Teo thinks. You should give him a chance, though. From what I’ve seen so far, you have a thing for him too.”

You gasped, looking back at Yun. “How did you know?”

“______-ah, it was written all over your face as soon as we walked in.”

“Oh,” Your face flushes even deeper, and all you wanted to do was hid under a rock for the next thousand years.

Before Yun can say anything else, the other two trouble makers sit back down at the table. “Alright, now, where were we?”

Your voice reacts before you even have the chance to think. “I like you too.”

“WHAT?” Teo’s jaw drops to the floor, causing the two others to laugh. “Are you… are you serious?”

“Very.”

“Um, but… we just meet like ten minutes ago...are you sure?”

“Very.”

“Then, um, can I have your phone number?”

Without another word, you pull out your notepad and quickly scrawl out your number, ripping the sheet off and handing it to Teo. “I would love to go on a date with you sometime.”

“Okay, great!” Teo scrunches his eyebrows together. “Wow, that was really easy.”

“What was?” You ask, curious.

“Getting a date with you.”

“Oh. Well, it helps that I like you too so…”

Sam silences everyone and motions over the waiter who was standing by the kitchen door waiting for them to be ready to order. “Now that that’s settled, let’s get some cake. I love cake.”

Everyone laughs and you happily glance over at Teo who returns your smile. Under the table he slips his hand into yours, which you gladly let stay there for the rest of the afternoon.