Yun-One More Step

Lunafly Scenarios

“Omo, yah, you sunk my biggest ship!” You yell, leaning over and smack Yun on the shoulder. “That one’s my favorite!”

 

“Mian, I didn’t know which one I was sinking,” He shrugs, grinning madly like he knew all along.

 

“You’re mean,” You pout, turning your back to him. “I don’t want to play anymore!”

 

“Awe, _______-ah you’re no fun! Please, let’s finish. You only have one ship of mine left to sink.”

 

You look at the opposite wall for a moment, thinking about how to answer. You turn back to him, smiling politely. “Okay, if we finish this game, then you have to go out and buy me some ice cream!”

 

Yun chuckles, but nods. “Alright, alright. But you have to come with me.”

 

“Are you kidding? For all I know, you’ll get me some really disgusting flavor.” You stick out your tongue. “Of course I’m coming with you!”

 

“I also have something to show you.” His expression turns serious, making your heart skip a beat. You’re worried, hoping it’s just something random and no something important.

 

“Oh, um, okay.”

 

“You know what, how about we go now.” He stands up quickly, grabbing your arm. “Come one!”

 

“Yun-ah, let me get my shoes!” You laugh. “I don’t think the nice ice cream ahjumma would be very happy with me.”

 

“Well hurry up!” He urges, a smile now gracing his lip. You feel a bit better about what he’s going to show you, but you can’t help but worry a little.

 

The walk to the shop isn’t long and when you get there, there’s only a handful of people sitting at the tables. Music plays softly in the background, making the atmosphere airy and light.

 

Yun takes you towards the stairs and tells you to wait on the balcony for him. You nod and start up the stairs and make your way out to the patio where a single table sits, covered with a beautiful tablecloth. A small bouquet of lilies are arranged in the center.

 

You cautiously take a step towards the setup, not sure if that’s where you’re supposed to be. Looking around, you don’t see anyone else around, so you guess that this is the stop you were supposed to be. You take a seat on the right side, running your hands over the soft fabric.

 

Yun’s footfalls echo up the stairwell as he approaches. He has a giant smile on his face, but his hands seem to be shaking.

 

“Yah, bapo, where’s my ice cream?” You complain, puffing out your bottom lip.

 

“There’s something I need to ask you first.” He pulls the other chair from the other side of the table over to your side and sits down beside you. “_______-ah, I really like you, and I was hoping you’d go out on a date with me.”

 

“W...what?” You stutter, completely shell shocked. “But...But Yun, you’re my best friend!”

 

“And that’s kind of why I want to take our relationship one more step. I really care about you and I don’t think I could ever live without you.”

 

“I...I don’t know if I can do that,” You hesitate. “I have a really good relationship with you and I don’t want something as simple as a couple fight to change that.”

 

“_______-ah, haven’t you realized how perfect we are for each other?” Yun smiles, grabbing your hands. “We’ve never, ever fought, and we have so much in common! And think of everything we could do together.”

 

“I don’t know Yun...” You trail off, not sure what to say. You kind of like the idea, but you weren’t sure if you really wanted to follow through or not.

 

“Hang on,” Yun stands, pulling you up with him. “Follow me.”

 

With your hand in his, the two of you walk towards the edge of the roof so you’re looking over the entire city. “Whoa!” You smile, leaning forward. “You can see everything from here!”

 

“Look, there’s your favorite coffee shop. I can take you there everyday and we can buy each other yummy coffee and muffins.” Yun steps behind you and points to the cafe.

 

“Oh wow!”

 

“And over there is the dog park. For a date, we could go there and play with all of the puppies for the entire afternoon if you’d like.” Yun’s left hand slips around your waist slowly, like he was afraid of what you would say.

 

You surprise yourself by letting him keep his hand there as you point to another place. “Look! There’s your favorite restaurant. We could go there on a date too.”

 

Yun looks down at you and smiles. “Now you’re getting a hang of it!”

 

“And then there’s the candy shop over there we could go to.”

 

“Then we can get cute couple shirts and wear them everywhere.” Yun grins, embracing you with both hands now.

 

“I like that idea.” You lean back into him, closing your eyes. “Now that I think about it, maybe it won’t be so bad after all.”

 

“So, will you go out with me?”

 

You detach yourself from his arms so you can turn and look at him. Eyebrows scrunched, you your chin and look up at the sky as your pondering his question. Yun’s smile drops when he sees this.

 

“Yah, you shouldn’t have to think about it that hard!” He frowns, but it quickly turns into an evil grin. “Come here!”

 

You’re not sure what he’s doing, so when he comes after you you don’t have enough time to run away before he grabs you and all but tackles you to the ground. “What are you- Ah!” You burst into uncontrollable laughter as Yun tickles you.

 

“You better think fast, or I’m not going to stop!”

 

“I can’t think when you’re doing this!” You spit out, trying to get away from his, but are very unsuccessful.

 

“Just say yes or no,” He moves and tickles your neck and runs his fingers down your back.

 

“Yes!” You scream, and Yun finally stops. You collapse on the ground, completely drained. “You’re an evil boyfriend.”

 

“You have no idea how great it is to hear you say that.” Yun chuckles, holding out a hand to help you up.

 

“So, what do we do now?” You ask, cocking your head to the side.

 

“Why, I think now would be a perfect time for a date, don’t you?”

 

You laugh. “I guess so.”

 

“Kaja!” He grabs your hand and together the two of you make your way downstairs and out into the world for the first time as a couple.