All-Misguided Love

Lunafly Scenarios

“Please Sam! Teo’s coming, why can’t you?” You pout, even though you know he can’t see you.

“I told you, I’m…busy tonight, I can’t come.” His voice sounds steady, but you can tell something’s off. Ever since you agreed to go out with Yun once, Sam suddenly changed. He had been ignoring you and refusing to hang out when Yun was involved. Something was up and you were determined to figure out what it was.

 

“Sam oppa!~” You cried, jumping up and down. “Just this once. It’s been so long since we’ve hung out. You’re my best friend.” Your voice trails off, feeling defeated.

 

There’s silence from the other end. Something takes hold of your heart, squeezing until it hurt.

“I…I guess it’s okay if you can’t come. I guess I’ll talk to you some other time then.” Just before you hit the end button, you hear Sam’s voice from the phone. You put it back to your ear, “Huh? What was that?”

 

“I’ll come, I guess. Where are we going?” He asked.

 

“To an outdoor movie!” You smile, happy he finally agreed. “We’re all here already, so if you can come as soon as you can, that would be amazing!”

 

“Sure, whatever. See you in a bit.”

 

The line clicks off as Sam hangs up. You put the phone in your pocket with a smile. Yun walks over and slings a hand over your shoulder. “You look happy, ________-ah.”

 

“I am! Sam agreed to come!” You do a little happy dance. “Isn’t that awesome? We haven’t hung out together since…Since that one date we had.” You blush, looking at your feet.

 

When you look up, you see that some of the happiness has left Yun’s expression. Teo bounds out of the bathroom and towards the two of you, all smiles.

 

“Guys! Aren’t you so ex- Oh, I’m sorry. Did I interrupt something important?” He stops in his tracks, not sure what to do.

 

Yun glances over at you, realizing you’re looking at him. He grins and wraps an arm around you. “No no, everything’s fine. You’re okay Teo.”

 

He returns the smile and together the three of them walk over to an empty space and make yourselves at home. You look towards the entrance, hoping to see  Sam walking in.

 

As the starting time approached, you began to be restless, worried that something had happened.  Then, finally, a figure handed his ticket to the attendant and started his way towards us.

 

“Sam! You actually came!” You all but scream, rushing forward to hug him. He softens with you in his arms, but after a moment, he stiffens again and pushes you away. Check one.

 

“I told you I was coming.” He grumbles, taking a seat on the grass next to Teo, leaving a spot for you between Sam and Yun. You gladly take the spot just as the previews roll.

 

Once the movie starts, you lean over and rest your head on Yun’s shoulder. He takes your hand, which makes you smile. On the screen, the couple kisses and causes you to blush and detach from Yun.

 

Later on in the movie, it turns scary. At one part you’re so scared that you scream and fling yourself at the nearest person and bury your in his chest. It just so happens that it’s Sam, not Yun.

 

Sam’s momentarily surprised, but he wraps his arms around you, comforting you. Once he realizes what he’s done, he pushes you towards Yun and gets up, claiming to have to go to the bathroom or something. Check two.

 

When he returns, you ask if he’s okay. “I’m fine, I just had to go to the bathroom.” he grabs his drink and takes a sip, returning to the movie on the screen.

 

As the movie wove down, you start to feel yourself falling asleep. You shake your head to stay awake, but it’s not working. Sam leans over to grab something from the other side of you and you’re so out of it that you lurch forward and knock into him, leaving him lying on the ground with you on top.

 

You’re instantly awake, staring straight into Sam’s eyes. His hard look is completely gone, left behind by surprised look, with a bit of longing. Check three.

 

“I knew it,” You whisper. “All this time, and I didn’t see it until now.”

 

The credits began to roll. Teo was watching, wide-eyed, while Yun looked confused. Neither of them could hear you talking to Sam, but they could see everything.

 

“I…I don’t know what you’re talking about…” Sam says, his attempt at denial fading like his voice.

 

“You like me, don’t you.” You nodded, narrowing your eyes. “That’s it. All along, you’ve liked me, haven’t you. That’s why you’re ignoring me, isn’t it.”

 

Sam didn’t say anything or move for a moment before he slowly nodded.

 

“I…yes, I do. I…I like you, ______-ah.”