CHAPTER 13: THE CONFRONTATION

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 13: THE CONFRONTATION

 

                Entering the lift, Horikita Maki pressed the button that lead to her office. Once the door closed, a deep sigh came out from her small mouth. She could feel her shoulder stiff a little bit as stress was the cause of it. It was all because of a man. Closing her tired eyes, her body leant against the wall trying to ease the tiredness. Last night meeting with Mukai Osamu was unexpected one. Due to that too, she could not sleep again….not even after she took her sleeping pills.

 

““I miss you, Maki chan……”

 

                The words rang inside her head continuously. Shaking her head, Maki tried to shove the memory out of her mind, but still it was difficult for her. Extremely difficult for her. What made it worst was the man knew where she worked now. When she reached her office this morning, her secretary gave her a bouquet of flower with a card within it. Trying not to notice Erika’s aloof grin toward her, her hands trembled as she opened the card. Her instinct was correct. The flower was from the man. She knew it already when she noticed the flower because it was her favourite. Used to be her favourite. However, that one was long time before. It happened before the man himself betrayed her love. Sighing deeply, Maki looked back at the lift. She needed to do something…really needed to do something.

 

                Once the lift opened its door, Maki strolled out of it and walked toward her office. Now, she was having a painful headache and it kept throbbing inside her head. When she walked toward her room, she stopped for a while and talked with Erika who typed something inside her computer.

 

“Toda san….can you bring me a glass of water,” She said softly. The long hair woman stopped typing and raised her eyebrows.

 

“Why Horikita san? Do you have headache again?” she asked as she stood up. There was a glint of curiosity within it. Ignoring her question, she walked toward her room. Erika folded her arms and clicked her tongue. Her boss ignored her question again especially when she asked the woman with her personal question. Suddenly, a man walked fast in front of her, moving toward Horikita Maki who just opened her door.

 

“Ya…Yamaa san!!” Erika cried a little, grabbing Maki’s attention. Before she could turn around, her body was pushed inside her office and there she found out it was Yamaa Tomohisa stood in front of her. Breathing heavily, the man leant against the door as his hand reached the tomb and locked her door.

 

“Konnichiwa, Horikita san.” Yamapi greeted her. There was dangerous reflected on both his black orbs.

 

Maki swallowed hardly than ever. She tried to compose herself as usual although she was not in her best. The effects of Mukai Osamu yesterday night were still there. That’s why she lost her firmness because of that man and he easily tore of her guard that she had built within her heart after a long time. Now, it was another man attacks her when she was not fully recovered after last night’s sudden shock.  The closed door behind the man was banged with loud knocking accompanied with Erika’s voice.

.

“Yamaa san!! What are you doing!!! Why do you lock the door!!! Open it!!! Horikita san!!! Are you okay!!!” The long hair woman never stopped asking as her hands kept knocking hard on the door. But, still the man immobile and just tilted his head a bit, looking at the door.

 

“Yamaa san. What are you doing?” Finally, after a long silence, she managed to pull back herself and asked the hunky man. Turning his head, Yamapi exhaled deeper breath and gazed at the woman in front of him. The woman looked composed as usual except she looked a little bit tired than usual. Yamapi stepped further, closed the space between two of them.

 

“Horikita san, I’m not doing all of those things!! All the things that you have accused me!!” He said toward the woman. His feet moved slowly toward her. The woman just stared at him blankly and he did not like the reactions after all.                

 

“Yamaa san, we discussed already about this issue. The evidences directed to you, so…you can’t deny it anymore!!! Just admit it!!!”

 

“HELL!! WHY DO I HAVE TO ADMIT SOMETHING THAT I NEVER DID!!” Yamapi shouted angrily. This made the room filled with silence at once. Horikita Maki never felt this fear…not when she always cold and heartless. But, the man really scared her and her hands trembled just from the man’s shout and his glare. Gosh…..why I am easily lost to this man?

 

The knocking of the door became louder as Erika heard the voice. She felt like kicking the door opened but she did not have enough strength to do that. Panic striked her. Unable to think anything, she paced back and forth in front of her table and mumbled alone.

 

“What should I do….what should I do…what should I do….” Her hands rubbed between each other and she never stopped thinking it. Suddenly, her feet stopped as one name flew out from .

 

“Yoyo….Yoyo,…” Erika instantly ran out of her office and went to lift to find Nishikido Ryo. The man can help them.

 

                Inside the room, Maki never moved from her place. It is not she did not want to….but the man in front of her scared her so much. Yamapi raked his hair in frustration. After calming himself down, he looked back at the woman who wore a black suit.

 

“Will you listen to me, Horikita san? Just a while.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter