Chapter 8

Timeless [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8 - Going Back Home

1801

 

Soonkyu

 

 

“Oh no! Let’s run!” I said and grabbed their wrists. We’re almost out of the forest but unfortunately, it started to rain. And the sun has set already.

I led the way. We stopped infront of Ahjumma and Ahjussi’s house since it’s the nearest place I could think of. “Where are we?” Luhan asked. I ignored him and instead, knocked on the wooden gate. “Ahjumma! Ahjussi!”

Without wasting time, Ahjussi opened the wooden gate. “Omo! Soonkyu-ah, you’re soaking wet. Come in, come in.”

Ahjussi’s name is Leeteuk and Ahjumma's name is Taeyeon. There are already wrinkles on their faces but it’s clear they were both beautiful and handsome when they were young.

The three of us went inside the house.  Ahjussi gave us clean towels each to dry ourselves. We sat on the floor while wiping our hair dry. “Where’s Ahjumma?” I asked.

“She’s at the back, cooking dinner. I told her you arrived with some of your friends. So, she’s cooking more food.”

Their kitchen, which is a small hut, is separated from and is located at the back of their house.

“I am sorry if we bothered you, Ahjussi.” I stood up.

“Where are you going?” Baekhyun asked.

“I will go at the back to help Ahjumma in preparing dinner.” I answered and started to walk towards the back of the house. But Ahjussi stopped me.

“She said you should just dry yourselves and change your clothes.” Ahjussi said and handed us a new set of clean clothes.

I went inside the empty room of the house and changed into the clothes Ahjussi gave me. These must be Ahjumma’s old clothes. It’s a bit bigger for my body but nothing I can’t handle.

Baekhyun and Luhan are just changing outside since they’re guys. Ahjussi went to the kitchen to help Ahjumma while we’re changing.

There was a knock on the door and a voice followed, “Soonkyu, are you done changing?” Luhan asked.

“Ah, yes.” I answered while soothing the tiny creases on my clothes and then went outside the room.

The moments I opened the door, I saw there was plenty of food prepared on the small round table already. Ahjumma and Ahjussi are sitting beside each other with Baekhyun and Luhan across them. I squatted down between Baekhyun and Ahjumma.

“Help yourselves.” Ahjumma said while motioning us to start eating.

“Ahjumma, I’m sorry if we barged into your house tonight. The rain is really pouring heavily.” I said. Until now, it’s still raining.

“Aiigoo. Dear, it’s okay. You’re welcome any time.” Ahjumma smiled.

“But who are these young men with you?” Ahjussi asked.

“Oh, how rude of us forgetting to introduce ourselves.” Luhan mumbled.

“Annyeong hashimnikka.” The both of them bowed their heads.

“I’m Baekhyun.”

“My name is Luhan.”

“Which one of them is your lover?” Ahjumma asked which caused me to choke on the food I’m chewing. Immediately, Baekhyun handed me a glass of water.

“I-it’s not like that.” Luhan said shyly. “We’re just friends of Soonkyu.”

“Oh, I thought this guy over here was Soonkyu’s lover.” Ahjumma laughed while pointing at Baekhyun who gave me a glass of water and who was rubbing my back up and down.

When I stopped coughing, I explained everything to Ahjumma and Ahjussi. Of course, I didn’t tell them that Baekhyun and Luhan are from the future. I told them that I saw them on my way back to the palace and helped them since they’re travelers. And we became friends. I also told them they helped me regarding Hara. And that we came from the house of Heechul in the forest.

“Soonkyu has really been very helpful to us.” Luhan said.

“Yes, she’s a really kind girl.” Ahjussi said.

I blushed at the compliment.

“But why did you go to Heenim’s house?” Ahjumma asked. Heenim is Heechul’s other famous name. It’s a name used to show respect.

I looked at Baekhyun and Luhan. “They asked Heechul for help. They asked which right way to go for their journey.” I lied.

Ahjumma and Ahjussi nodded at my answer.

After dinner, I offered to wash the plates. Luhan volunteered to help me.

“I’ll help-“ Baekhyun  was cut off when Ahjumma dragged him inside the empty room.

“Two persons are enough to wash the plates. Baekhyun-ssi, you’ll help me in preparing the room where you’ll sleep.” I laughed at Baekhyun's face when he was dragged away by Ahjumma.

Ahjumma and Ahjussi’s room are just beside the empty room. I guess the three of us are sleeping in one room.

Luhan and I went to the back of the house, to the kitchen.

The rain turned to drizzle. Befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter