Chapter 11

Timeless [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11 - Here Comes Trouble

2014

 

Soonkyu

 

 

 “I..” I started. Should I say it? Or should I lie, tell them I’m not the girl they thought I was? Because I’m still having second thoughts about my friendship with Baekhyun and Luhan when I found out how famous they are.

Before I could finish my sentence, someone mentioned my name. “Soonkyu-ah!” Okay, whoever called me just revealed my name!

I turned around and saw Soohyun Oppa just a meter or two away from us. “Oppa,” I gasped. “Why are you here?”

When Soohyun Oppa saw I was talking to some people, he walked towards me and placed his arms around my shoulder. “I knew you’d be lost in this part of the city.”

He smiled at me after saying those words and then turned his face towards Luhan. “Well, who do we have here?”

“I’m Luhan.” Luhan said with a hesitant smile.

“Baekhyun.” Baekhyun introduced himself as well.

“Of course, you know us. We’re EXO.” A guy inside the car said, I think he's a member of EXO.

After hearing their names, Soohyun Oppa turned his face towards me. And he’s staring at me weirdly. But I know that look, his eyes are telling me ‘Oh, look! You’ve finally met the guys you’ve been looking for after four months!’

I stared back at him with creased eyebrows, telling him through my eyes not to mention anything to them. Soohyun Oppa nodded and I sighed out of relief that he understood what I’m trying to tell to him.

Soohyun Oppa faced Baekhyun again. “Soonkyu here,” Oppa squeezed my shoulder. “She’s a really big fan of EXO. But, we need to go now.”

“No worries, we also have to go.” The driver said while giving Baekhyun and Luhan a stern look for carelessly going out of the car.

“That’s great!” Soohyun Oppa said while freeing my shoulder from his grasp. “We’ll go now! Bye.” And Oppa took my hand and we bolted out of there, yes, we ran away.

But I didn’t fail to hear Luhan shouting, “But you didn’t answer our question yet!”

Yeah, I wasn’t able to answer if I was really the Soonkyu that they know. But maybe they already had an idea that it’s me since Soohyun Oppa mentioned my name loud and clear for them.

Both of us stopped running when we thought we’re far enough from them. Soohyun Oppa released my hand and we both are now catching our breaths. I am so weak when it comes to running.

“Jessica called me, that’s why I was looking for you. You should really have your own phone.” Soohyun Oppa said.

“But you know me, just one touch and I’ll destroy it right away. I have a bad relationship with technology.” I reasoned out.

“Yeah, yeah. You always use that reason. I guess it’s no use to convince you. Anyway, let’s just go home now. Jessica is waiting for you at her unit.”

I nodded and we started walking with Oppa leading the way.

Soohyun Oppa, Kim Soohyun, is just like me and Jessica. He’s also from the past. But he’s been living here in the present time for ten years already. He knows more about the present time than Jessica. On Jessica’s third year living here, she met Soohyun Oppa and they became friends right after knowing that both of them are from the past.

While Jessica is a famous model, Soohyun Oppa is a famous professor at the prestigious Seoul National University. And with the help of Jessica, Soohyun Oppa, and their connections, I was able to have create my birth certificate. They also helped me create a fake (which is really deceiving) elementary, middle school, high school, and college diplomas. They created files of myself so that I'll become like a true normal citizen. And now, I also have a fake teacher’s license. I teach at Seoul National University together with Soohyun Oppa.

At first, I was just Oppa’s assistant. But just recently, I now teach my own class. We both teach in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. But I only teach History while Oppa teaches both History and Philosophy. While Jessica teaches me about technology and how things are dealt with, Oppa teaches me about how to be a History teacher. Oppa also gave me one-on-one classes about History for me to be really capable of teaching a History class in the university.

He also lives in the same building as us. His condominium unit is just beside Jessica’s.

These kind people really helped me these last four months and I’m so grateful. For the past months of my stay here, I learned a lot of things that the thought of looking for Baekhyun and Luhan slipped out of my mind.

We arrived at Jessica’s unit. I pressed the door bell and she immediately opened the door. “Oh my gosh, Soonkyu! How many times have you been lost this week?” She exclaimed.

“Soohyun, thank goodness you found her!” Jessica doesn’t call him Oppa unlike me, and I don’t know why. Maybe she’s comfortable calling him by his name alone. Oppa doesn’t mind though. Jessica motioned me to come in and invited Oppa inside as well.

It’s almost two in the morning but here we are at the living room, watching television. Then, news flashed at the screen. “EXO successfully ended their concert.”

“Oh, Sica,” I started. I call her by the nickname I made. “I forgot to tell you-”

“She met Baekhyun and Luhan.” Oppa cut me off with a smirk on his face. He loves teasing me.

“What?! You did? When? Where? How?” Sica bombarded me with questions. I told her everything.

“So, you didn’t told them that you’re Soonkyu?” Sica asked.

“I was supposed to tell them but Oppa beat me. He mentioned my name so loud that I’m sure they already know who I am.” I explained.

“But there are so many Soonkyu in the world. That thought should’ve crossed their minds.”

“Sica, I’m sure that they believe I’m the Soonkyu they know. Because I have the same name and same face. They won’t doubt it already. That’s why Oppa and I ran away. I’m not yet ready.”

“Not yet ready for what? It’s been four months! You’re ready!”

“But they’re EXO! If I have known they’re famous like royalties, I would’ve not followed them here.”

“It’s too late now.” Jessica grinned. Uh-oh, I know what that grin means. “You should grab this chance and continue to be their friends and marry one of them! I’m sure many girls would like to be in your shoes.”

Here she goes with her fantasies. “I’m out of here!” Soohyun Oppa stood up and walked towards the door. Whenever Sica starts daydreaming, Oppa will always leave. He says he has suffered two years of her blabbing about her fantasies of a happily ever after. These two are so cute and hilarious.

“Bye Oppa! Good night!”

“Good night. See you tomorrow!”

Even if it’s summer already, there are still summer classes in the university.

“I don’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter