Chapter 13

Timeless [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 - You're Dead!

 

2014

 

Soonkyu

 

 

I got out of the bathroom feeling fresh and clean. It’s almost eight in the morning and my classes will still start at nine. Just like every day, I decided to wear something casual – blue and white plaid button up shirt and jeans paired with black sneakers.

When I stepped in the dining area, I saw Jessica who was still in her pajamas sipping coffee from her cup with her other hand holding her phone. Sometimes, I wonder if Jessica can ever survive without her phone. It’s funny how she lived in the past before where there is no technology available yet now, she won’t even let go of her phone.

 “Good morning,” she greeted as she placed down her cup on the table. I greeted back and got myself a cup of coffee from the coffeemaker. Jessica was the one who made the coffee this morning since she woke up earlier, although she taught me before on how to make coffee using this thing.

I sat down across her. “Why are you up early? As far as I remember, aside from modeling, you love sleeping more than anything in this world.”

She laughed at what I said and answered, “I don’t know either. I just had a good sleep and decided to just wake up and eat breakfast.”

We ate breakfast peacefully while talking nonsense every now and then. Sometimes, Jessica would check her phone while responding to what I say. She must be texting someone.

Suddenly, Jessica gasped. “Omo!”

I looked up from my plate. “What’s wrong?”

“OMG! Please tell me I’m not mistaken. This is you, right?” Jessica then showed me the screen of her phone. “This is you, right? Right?”

On the screen of her phone, I read the line ‘[BREAKING NEWS] EXO’s Byun Baekhyun is dating?’ And under the headlines are pictures of him with a girl. There were pictures of Baekhyun leaning his hands on a wall with a girl in front of him, and pictures of him running away with the same girl.

The girl is wearing something black and baby blue jeans paired with white sneakers. She’s also carrying a black and orange animal print backpack. She was also wearing a black snapback. But the girl’s face was not caught by the camera, hiding her identity from everyone.

Wait! My eyes widened and my mouth went slightly agape. That was what I was wearing yesterday! That’s my backpack! So, that is me, right?!

Jessica must have noticed my surprised expression. “I knew it! This is really you!”

“B-but.. Why.. H-how?” I stuttered.

“Yah! Is there something you’re not telling me? Why were you with Baekhyun? And look, this is near SM Entertainment building, right? I thought you went home right away! Is this true, are you really dating Byun Baekhyun??” Jessica bombarded me with questions. When I thought she was done asking, she gasped again. “Wait, you saw Baekhyun yesterday, it’s a sign! Remember, the sign I told you? So, did you tell him that you’re the Soonkyu they know?”

I nodded.

“Oh c’mon now, tell me what happened yesterday! Don’t leave any details!” Jessica sounds so excited, making me sigh. I told her everything that happened the moment I stepped out of SM Entertainment building on my way home.

After telling her, I glanced at the wall clock. It’s 8:30 already! “I’m late!”

I immediately stood up from my seat, placed my dishes at the sink, went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, went to the room I share with Jessica since there’s only one room in her condominium unit, took my backpack and the things I need for today, and dashed out while shouting goodbye to Jessica.

 

 

I rode a taxi on my way here for me to arrive on time. The moment I stepped inside the faculty room, the other professors, who were all my sunbae, greeted me a good morning. I greeted back politely. I’m the youngest and newest professor in the History department of Seoul University. I saw Soohyun Oppa walking towards me. “You arrived later than usual.”

“Yeah. I lost track of time during breakfast.” I answered.

“I’m guessing you and Jessica were chitchatting again.” I nodded at his statement. “Well, what’s new? Whenever you and Jessica talk, you both always forget about the time.” We both laughed at what he said, since it’s always true. “I’ll go first. My class starts in five minutes and the classroom is still in the other side of the building.”

Soohyun Oppa went on his way to his first class while I went to my table to prepare my things since my class starts in ten minutes.

As I was walking down the hallway towards the classroom, students who were walking on the hallway greeted me. The students under me and eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter