Chapter 1

Timeless [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 - Stupefaction

Soonkyu

 

 

1801

 

“Agassi,”

I stirred in my sleep. Someone called from outside my chamber. I covered myself from head to toe using my blanket. “What is it?” I groaned which is not lady-like for a princess.

“Agassi, you need to wake up,” the servant from outside answered. “The King is looking for you. Wake up now and freshen up,”

“It’s still early,” I mumbled.

“Agassi,” the servant said, her voice stern. “It’s almost noon. You should have woken up by now but since you went home late last night because you visited Ahjumma, I didn’t disturb your sleep. But the King called you,”

“Fine,” I sat up right away. “I’m awake now,”

After informing the servant that I’m not asleep anymore, she let herself in.

She brought a set of clean clothes for me.

I pulled myself up to stand and took the clothes from her. “Thank you, you may go now,”

Then I started walking towards the bathroom to freshen myself up and to make myself presentable in front of my brother, I mean King.

Afterwards, I went back to my room.

I sat in front of my table and pulled out my mirror. Then placed it on top of my table and started combing my hair.

I tied my hair neatly, placing necessary pins. I kept my mirror and all other things inside my drawer.

I stood up and kneaded my dress to make some creases disappear.

Then, I went on my way towards my brother’s chambers.

 

 

I knocked gently, “Your highness, it’s me,”

“Get inside,”

I let myself in. I bowed, showing respect. Despite him being my brother, he’s still the King. I have to be, at all times, respectful.

“You called for me, your highness?” I asked.

He motioned for me to sit down, and I did. “Soonkyu, just go back to calling me Sungmin Orabeoni,”

“I can’t do that, why would I call the King ‘Orabeoni’? That is inappropriate,”

Orabeoni sighed, “Fine, do what you want,” then he pouted. How cute.

“So, why were you looking for me?”

“Did you forget?”

“Forget what?”

“The gathering tonight,”

“Oh, right! I almost forgot about that. You did say there were other royals and important officials coming tonight, too. And oh no!”

“Why?”

“I forgot to prepare! I don’t know what to wear tonight! I must also buy a new pin,”

“Don’t panic, Soonkyu,” Orabeoni chuckled, “It’s still noon, you still have plenty of time to go to the market place,”

I stood up hastily, “Then, I must go now,”

Oraebeoni chuckled again, and then I realized how rude of me to just stand right away, after all, I’m talking to the King.

I coughed awkwardly, “Is it fine to leave now, your highness?”

“Yes, yes, of course. Have fun preparing for tonight’s gathering. And oh, please do put make-up later; I heard there will be many handsome royals tonight. You might find a lad who will suite your taste,”

“Orabeoni! I mean, your highness!” Oh, why must he tease me?

He chuckled and shooed me out of his chambers.

I walked out of his chambers.

It’s been long since I last talked to Oraebeoni with so much ease. He’s been so busy with matters regarding our nation. I missed the old times where he was still not the King.

I smiled as I remember some memories when I was still young. The time when I was still playing with my brother at the garden, and then our father would suddenly arrive. And then, the three of us will play.

Our father was a good man, a great king. Why must you leave us early, Father?

What about my mother? She died giving birth to me.

I shook my head. I should stop remembering things that would make me sad.

 

 

“Eonnie, hurry up.”

No, I don’t have a sister. Eonnie? She’s someone I grew up with. She may be a servant, but for me, she’s a family.

Soojin Eonnie was always there by my side every time I needed her, just like how a family should be. And I know she will never leave my side.

“Soonkyu, what’s the hurry? You still have time before the gathering,”

“But,”

“I know you love gatherings and meeting new people, Soonkyu, but no need to rush,” Eonnie giggled. “Don’t worry, I will help you put make-up later,”

I smiled and nodded.

We are walking on the roads of the market place.

Looking at the left, looking at the right..

I stopped walking and went near to a store.

I picked up the pin that caught my attention. “So pretty,”

“A pretty pin will definitely look ten times prettier when worn by a pretty lady like you,” the woman from the store

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter