Chapter 17

Timeless [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

thank you sunyeonie for this awesome poster!!

Chapter 17 - Let's Play

2014

 

Soonkyu

 

 

“How about we check out the arcade on the third floor? I heard they have new games to offer.” I turned around as I heard a group of teenagers talking.

Hmmm… Arcade? I remember what an arcade looks like. I’ve been there thrice with Sica and Soohyun Oppa. And as far as I remember, arcade is fun.

“Checking out won’t hurt, right?” I mumbled to myself as I walked towards the direction where the group of teenagers went: to the arcade.

I used the escalators in going two floors down. When I arrived at the arcade, it was buzzing with people, mostly high school students and teenagers.

I stepped further inside and my eyes were busy looking everywhere. What game is good to try out first? Yep, I love arcade. I love video games. When Sica introduced me to the world of technology, video games really did caught my attention and interest.

I stood beside the basketball arcade game. A couple was playing, they look cute together. I giggled when the guy wasn’t able to shoot the ball, which made the girlfriend pout.

I want to play as well. But I realized I don’t have money since my bag is left in the university. I turned around hastily and bumped into someone. “I’m sorry.” I mumbled as I bowed my head in apology.

I was supposed to walk past the person I bumped into, but he spoke. “Soonkyu?”

I looked up. The guy is wearing a white snapback with the letters NY on it and a black face mask, just like Baekhyun’s. My eyes widened in recognition. “Luhan!”

His eyes turned into small slits with cute wrinkles on each side, which indicates that he’s smiling beneath the mask.

“What are you doing here?” “Why are you here?” We both asked and laughed at the same time.

“Want to play with me?” Luhan asked.

I smiled, “that would be lovely. But unfortunately, I don’t have money with me.”

He chuckled, “I would be paying, silly.”

My mouth formed an ‘o’. Luhan took my hand and entwined it with his as he lead me further inside the arcade. “Let’s go and play!”

 

 

We stood before the dance pad machine. “Do you know how to play this?”

“Well, to be honest, no.” I answered. I’ve seen people playing this game, but I never tried playing. Truthfully, it looks hard.

Luhan stood on the dance pad and is now selecting a song. He pressed the two-player option and selected  their own song Mama, the Korean version.

“What are you doing? Why are you pressing the two-player option? I don’t know how to play that one!” I exclaimed. Luhan took my hand again and pulled me to stand on the dance pad.

I am now standing on the left side of the dance pad while he is on the right side. “Just try!” He encouraged as the song started.

“Wah! Omo!” I keep on muttering incoherent words as I played. I keep on doing the wrong moves. “Yah! Aish! This is so hard!” I whined as I try my hardest to step on the pad with the correct symbol.

I peeked at Luhan. He’s dancing as if it’s the easiest thing ever. He steps on the pad perfectly. “That’s unfair! You already mastered this dance and you’re an expert with playing the dance pad!” I said, which Luhan only responded with a chuckle.

When the song ended, the machine showed ‘YOU WIN!’ on Luhan’s screen while it shows ‘BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!’ on mine.

I scrunched up my face at the words I read on the screen. Luhan laughed and commented, “As much as I like your cute expression, you should stop scrunching your face.”

 

 

Now, we are standing before the Tekken arcade game. I smirked. I may not be good with the dance pad but I assure you, I’m an expert when it comes to Tekken. But Luhan doesn’t need to know such information. I laughed evilly in my mind.

“How about we make a bet?” I suggested.

“What bet?”

I continued, “You know, whoever loses has to buy us both an ice cream.”

Luhan agreed but not before saying, “I didn’t know you were the type who makes bet.”

We sat on the stool and selected our characters.

Luhan chose Jin Kazama, I heard he’s one of the best Tekken character. Nice choice.

I chose Hwoarong. He is a Korean character, a master in Taekwondo.

“Hwoarong?” Luhan asked.

I nodded. “Don’t underestimate him.”

So, the battle started. In less than one minute, I immediately won the first round.

Luhan got taken aback when his character laid on the ground. I chuckled at his expression. “That was just luck. You won’t win in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter