Chapter 12

Timeless [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 - Another Trouble Coming Up

2014

 

Baekhyun

 

 

We are now running towards SM Entertainment since it’s the nearest place we can hide. I turned around, but still running, and saw some of the paparazzi are still running after us. Soonkyu tried to turn her head around, but I muttered, “No, don’t. Don’t let them see your face.”

Fortunately, we arrived inside the building safely leaving the paparazzi outside. We both huffed and puffed, catching our breaths. “Remind me next time to disguise myself if I ever spend time with you. I almost forgot how famous you are.” Soonkyu commented between pants.

I chuckled before replying, “Yeah, I won’t forget to remind you next time.”

When our breathing went back to its normal pace, I invited her to watch us practice. Anyone doesn’t have the privilege to watch an idol practice, but she’s not just anyone. I read the expression on her face, but before she could decline my invitation, I continued talking. “You won’t be a burden. Don’t you want to meet my members? I swear they would be happy, especially Luhan Hyung. Besides, there’s still thirty minutes left of our break.”  I said while stealing a glance at my wrist watch.

I smiled at her, reassuring her that it’s really okay to come with me to our practice. Soonkyu sighed, “Fine.”

We rode the elevator and I pressed the button with number four on it, our practice room is located at the fourth floor. The elevator door opened and I nudged Soonkyu’s side with my elbow. “Hey, relax. My members don’t bite.”

Soonkyu laughed a little. “I guess I’m just a bit nervous in meeting new people.”

I hummed in response. “By the way, I have lot of questions to ask but I think it’s better if I’ll just ask later.” I said while we were walking down the hall towards the practice room.

When we arrived in front of the door, I asked while smiling. “Ready?” Soonkyu nodded and I opened the door.

Inside the room, the members are all doing their own thing. I saw the maknaes still practicing and helping each other on the routines they find hard. The Chinese members together with Chanyeol, Minseok Hyung, and Jongdae are talking and laughing while sitting down on the bench adjacent to the sound system. And at the corner, Joonmyun Hyung and Kyungsoo are squatting on the floor with their backs leaning on the mirror while talking softly to each other.

When the members heard the door opened, their heads shot up. “Oh, Baek! You’re back early.” I heard Chanyeol said.  I stepped inside the room, motioning Soonkyu to follow me inside. “And who’s with you?” Chanyeol added, sounding curious. The members made their way towards us.

“Hello,” Soonkyu bowed. “I’m—“

“Soonkyu?” Luhan blurted out.

“-Lee Soonkyu.”

“This is my friend. I hope you don’t mind that I brought her here. We met at the coffee shop and encountered some trouble.” I chuckled. “And Luhan Hyung knows her, right Hyung?”

Luhan Hyung nodded in a dazed expression.

“Wait, isn’t she the girl last night?” Kris Hyung asked.

I knew what Hyung meant and realized that he was on the same car with us last night. I nodded at his question. “Oh, right! She’s the girl last night.” The others who were with us on the same car commented as well.

“Girl? What girl?” Minseok Hyung asked.

Kris Hyung told the rest about what happened last night.

“You’re really pretty.” Jongin stated.  Joonmyun Hyung nudged Jongin and I heard him whispered, “Show some respect.”

“Oh, I forgot. How old are you? Are you older, a noona?” Jongin asked politely.

“I’m an ’89 liner.” Soonkyu answered.

“Woah, you’re older than all of us. Then that means you’re our Noona~” Chanyeol chirped.

“Are you sure you’re older? You look too cute to be 25.” Jongdae chuckled.

Soonkyu nodded. “I swear it was 1989 written on my birth certificate.”

We all burst out at her innocent answer. I know Jongdae was just kidding when he asked that, but I didn’t know she would take it seriously. It’s true though that she looks too cute to be 25.

I wonder how she came up with the lie about her age; I kept it in mind to ask her that later.

“Why are you laughing?” Soonkyu whispered to me with a confused look at her face. She’s really cute.

The members asked how I became friends with such a pretty and laid back girl. I lied to them that she’s my neighbor in Bucheon and Luhan Hyung met her when we visited Grandma four months ago. I signaled Luhan Hyung and Soonkyu to play along and they did. The others bought my lie.

I told the members that Luhan Hyung and I need to talk with Soonkyu to catch up with each other, telling them that it’s been long since we last met.

Jongdae accused me of being disrespectful when I did not call Soonkyu ‘noona’. “We’re close friends; I don’t need to call her noona. Now, stop being a jealous dork.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

The three of us sat down on another bench away from the other members. The members said that our managers and dance instructors went out a while ago, spending their break time together.

While the other members went back into doing their own things, the three of us are talking. Wait, scratch that, it’s more like the two of us are interrogating Soonkyu.

She placed her backpack at her lap and started talking.

Soonkyu told us everything that happened to her during the last four months. We listened to her intently while throwing questions in between like, “What? So, you’ve been here for the last four months? You came here the same time we came back here? Seriously?” When she told us who helped her learn new things, we gasped. “Jessica? As in Jessica Jung, the famous supermodel?” “Wait, so she’s from the past too?” We both promised her to keep it as a secret about Jessica coming from the past.

She also told us about Kim Soohyun, the guy from last night. It turns out he’s also from the past. “I didn’t know there are many people from the past who are now living here.” I commented.

We found out Soonkyu is now working in the prestigious Seoul National University as a History professor. She also praised her Soohyun Oppa how much a genius he is and about him teaching her one-on-one. I scoffed at her compliments, I’m much more handsome than t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter