Chapter 16

Timeless [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16 -  Her First Time in a Cinema with Me

2014

 

Soonkyu

 

 

Baekhyun and I rode a white car, he said it’s a company van. We arrived at the mall at noon. “We should probably eat first.”

I nodded at his suggestion and he led the way towards the food store. “Have you tried eating fast food?”

“Fast food?” I asked.

“You know, hamburgers and fries, those stuffs.” Baekhyun answered.

“Oh, yes.” I remember Jessica and I ate hamburgers before. “Sica bought me hamburgers from a fast food store and we just ate at home. But, what are fries?”

Baekhyun may be wearing a mask, but I know he’s grinning at me. “We’ll eat at a fast food chain. Is that fine with you? But if you want, we can always eat at a restaurant. I have no problem with that.”

“Fast food is fine. I love hamburgers.” I shrugged and smiled.

Baekhyun took my hand and we both walked towards McDonald’s. I heard it’s an international fast food chain.

 

 

Baekhyun is at the counter ordering for the both of us while I’m sitting on our table at the corner beside the window. I can see a few people walking here and there inside the mall while carrying shopping bags with them.

Baekhyun arrived and placed the tray with our food on the table. He sat down across me.

“You’ve never eaten inside a fast food chain?”

I shook my head. “Nope, Sica only brought home hamburgers. I’ve never tried eating in here.”

Baekhyun bought two hamburgers, one large fries, and two colas.

I took a bite of my hamburger and cherished its great taste. “I really love the taste of hamburgers!” I exclaimed.

Baekhyun took off his face mask and chuckled as he took a bite of his own hamburger. “Is it your favorite food in the present time?”

I titled my head while thinking. “Hmm..” I shook my head. “Maybe hamburger is my second favorite food. Chicken is the best!” I grinned.

“Chicken? That’s unique.” Baekhyun laughed again.

“Luhan actually knows about my love for chicken.” I mumbled.

“Luhan Hyung?” A small frown appeared on Baekhyun’s face. And I saw something glint in his eyes, maybe curiosity. I nodded to his question and continued eating my hamburger.

Then at the corner of my eyes, I saw a girl probably a year younger than me walked towards us. She’s staring at Baekhyun’s back. Oh no, is she an EXO fan? Did she recognize him? I widened my eyes when I realized Baekhyun is currently not wearing his mask.

When she was very near us, she bumped into our table making the cups of our drinks fell and making it spill on our table.

“Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!” The girl apologized frantically at Baekhyun. Her eyes are on him while apologizing and trying to clean up the mess.

“It’s okay. My clothes did not get wet.” Baekhyun assured the girl while cleaning the mess, too.

But me, I was trying to dry my white long-sleeve button up shirt. Yep, my clothes got wet by the cola. And what’s worst? I’m wearing something white.

I was too busy wiping the dirty part of my clothes that I got startled when Baekhyun called out my name. “Y-yes?” I looked up from my clothes and looked at his face. He’s now wearing his face mask again. He’s fast, when did he wore the mask back?

“Are you okay? Did your clothes get dirty?” Baekhyun asked, and then his eyes traveled from my face down to my clothes.

“Well, I.. Yes, my button-up got wet when the cola spilled.” I said softly.

“I am so sorry! I was being careless.” The girl said.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about this.” I stated.

“It’s really okay, miss. You can go now on your way. We can handle this.” Baekhyun said to the girl. She hesitated to leave at first, but then she walked away after apologizing for the nth time.

“He looks like Baekhyun from EXO. But then again, I’m not sure since he’s wearing a face mask.” I heard the girl mumbled as she walked away. I sighed out of relief. At lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter