Chapter 10

Timeless [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I actually updated eight hours ago. So you might want to check the previous chapter first in case you haven't read it yet.

Chapter 10 - Adjusting and Learning

2014

 

Soonkyu

 

 

It’s been four months already since I came here. While walking on the streets of Seoul, I can’t help but still think about the changes. I looked down at my body. I’m wearing a black v-neck shirt, dark-colored skinny jeans, and black Nike shoes. In our time, we wore many layers of clothes. Our houses are built differently. We don’t even have very tall buildings. There are even no such things as cars, TVs, phones, computers, cameras. So many changes occurred.

I sighed when I remembered my problem. I can’t believe I’m lost!

I stopped walking and stared ahead as cars passed before my eyes. I can’t cross the street yet since the red human figure on the traffic light is on. I kept in mind what Jessica told me before. “You should never cross the street when the red human figure on the traffic light is on. Or else, you’ll die.”

Now that I remember Jessica, I sighed once again. She must be worried since she has no way of contacting me. I refused having a cellphone. I say no to technology! It gives me headaches!

Then my mind drifted off to my memory of the first day I came here in Seoul 2014.

 

 

 

I stared at the vial in my hand. It has this same weird fluid that Luhan and Baekhyun drank. When I woke up that morning, I realized they are no longer beside me.

I immediately knew that they are already back home. I don’t know what occurred to me, but I rushed outside and went my way to Heechul’s house.

When I arrived at his house, he smiled at me as if he knows why I’m here. And that’s why he gave me this vial. He told me to drink just a small amount and wait for rain to pour. After the rain, I will surely wake up the next day in 2014.

So, should I drink this?

It’s been three days since Luhan and Baekhyun vanished. It’s been three days since Heechul gave me this vial. It’s been three days since I’ve been contemplating if it’s worth going to 2014.

It’s now or never! So, I drank a small amount of it and slept without changing my clothes, praying that it would rain tonight.

 

 

And true to his words, I really did wake up to new surroundings. I guess it rained last night. I’m still wearing the same clothes I’m wearing when I went to sleep. The place is very quiet.

I realized I’m lying on the floor and decided to stand up. I went towards the door and opened it. It still looks like the palace, but where are the people?

I closed the door and sat down at the floor. Am I really in 2014?

Suddenly, the door opened and a man came in. I think we’re of the same age. He’s wearing something weird. He’s wearing the kind of clothes that Luhan and Baekhyun wore when we first met. Does that mean I’m really in 2014?

“Not again!” I heard him say as he looked at me.

What is he saying?

“Are you from the past, too?” He asked in which I responded with a nod. He sighed and instructed me to just wait here.

I complied since I don’t want to cause problems.

After a few minutes, he came back with clothes in his hands. “Here.”

He handed me the clothes one by one.

“This is a shirt.” He handed me a white garment and showed me how to wear it. “You put inside each of your arms here and your head here.” He said while he pointed to three different holes present in the white garment.

“And this is called sweat pants.” Again, he showed me how to wear it by telling me to put each of my leg in the two holes.

After telling me how to wear the clothes he gave to me, he went out but not before saying, “I’ll wait outside. After you change, come out right away.”

It took me a while to change into the new clothes. I went out and saw him leaning on the wall. “I’m finish changing.”

Minjun reached out his hand towards my head. “No girl in the present time ties her hair like that.” And then, he took my all my hair tie and pins, letting my long hair flow. “So, just let your hair down.”

He looked at me and then down to my feet. “Take those off.” He said, pointing to my hwahye. I obliged and took it off, making me barefoot.

Then, he handed me a pair of white shoes. It looks like a hwahye but at the same time, it looks different. “Wear this. This is called doll shoes.”

I wore it and asked carefully. “Why are you helping me?”

“I’m Minjun. Last three days, there were two males who were in the same situation as you. Let’s go. I’ll bring you to my cousin. I think she can help you better.”

I nodded and followed him.

 

 

I stared at the thing in front of me. “Get in.” Minjun said.

“W-what is that?” I asked.

“It’s a car, specifically a taxi. Just get in. People will stare at you if you won’t.”

I hesitantly got inside this thing called car and Minjun got inside after me.

Minjun and the person in front talked. Then, the thing moved forward.

I clutched my hands at the seat. “Relax.” I heard Minjun say.

“B-but it’s moving so fast!”

“Look outside the window.”

I turned my head slowly towards the left. And what I’m seeing right now took my breath away. What are all these new things? There are so many tall structures. There are so many wide rectangle things that has moving human inside them. I don’t know if I’m shocked, amazed, or both.

Before I knew it, the car stopped and I saw Minjun handed the man in the front some paper and coins. Oh, those must be their money here and he must be paying.

Minjun went outside and I followed him. Before me is a very tall structure. “Where are we?” I asked.

“We are in Gangnam right now. Inside is where my cousin lives.”

“What?! Your cousin lives there? Is she the queen or a royalty?”

Minjun chuckled. “She does not own the whole building. She just own one condominium unit here. Well, you can say she’s rich since condominiums in Gangnam are very expensive. Come, follow me.”

I followed him and went inside. We waited in front of this metal door where I can clearly see my reflection. “What are we waiting for here?” I asked.

Ding!

And the metal door opened on its own. My eyes widened. Minjun dragged me inside since I’m practically frozen on spot.

“This is an elevator. It will help us in going up.” Minjun explained while the doors close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter