Chapter 9 [night of September 12]

Nyongtory's Daily Life (since JiYong's Shanghai concert)

Here comes the sweet part after the accident!

 

“Hustling, hustling, I’m hustling, hustling, I’m hustling, hustling, 나 지금 할 말 있어요 (I gotta talk to you)”

SeungRi peeks over at BoKyung’s phone with its ringtone blasting throughout his ward, mentally debating if he should go pick it up for him or not.

When the phone starts ringing a second time, SeungRi kicks off his blanket and scoots to the edge of his bed. His abdomen still hurts a bit, so he is moving slowly. Just when he hangs his feet down trying to reach his slippers on the floor, the bathroom door opened.

“Yah! What are you doing?! Get back on your bed!!” BoKyung who just came out from the bathroom screamed while he rushes to SeungRi’s side and gently pushes him to lie back on bed.

“Your phone was ringing… It might be JiYong-ie hyung so…” After BoKyung told him that JiYong will try to call back after the press conference ends, he has been waiting for the call all evening.

BoKyung checks his missed calls, and of course, both are from JiYong. He takes out an iPad and walks to SeungRi’s side while dialing JiYong’s FaceTime for him.

“Hyung! Why did you open FaceTime!! My hair’s still messed up!!”

“Nah, my baby’s the cutest no matter what.” JiYong’s voice can be heard from the iPad.

SeungRi turns to the screen, seeing JiYong makes him smile brightly. “Oppa!!! How’s your day at Singapore? Too bad I couldn’t go with you… I miss you so much~”

“It’s alright, just working the whole time until now. I miss you too, but you have to stay at the hospital, don’t risk your own health, I’ll be distressed.”JiYong lowered his head, “You had me very worried when BoKyung told us that you guys are going to the hospital on our way to the airport. Seriously, why didn’t you just go to the hospital in the first place?” he frowns.

“I just didn’t want to disappoint our fans, but look at me now; I still end up disappointing them…”

Hearing what he just said, JiYong can’t help but grows a little mad, “So what if you really got on that plane with us and attended our schedules together? Your liver was freaking bleeding! Worst case scenario, you could’ve died! What do you think our fans will feel seeing you stand in front of them pale and in pain? They wouldn’t want to be your first priority over your own health either.”

BoKyung overheard him and said, “JiYong don’t scold him, he’s just a little too dedicated to work.”

“None of your business hyung, he’s my maknae!”

“Well, he’s my artist.”

“Okay hyungs… Stop bickering at each other. I know you both love me and care about me a lot, but you guys are like three-year-olds fighting over a toy! No wait, I just called myself a toy, what the heck!”

Both JiYong and BoKyung burst into laughter after hearing that. BoKyung quickly pushed in his laughing, and packed his things to go home. It’s almost been twenty hours since he left home before dawn to pick SeungRi up, and he has been watching over him that he didn’t get any proper rest yet, so he better be on his way home now or he’ll be sleeping next door to SeungRi for a few days ahead. Luckily, he doesn’t have to drive.

Before heading out the door, he turns around and said, “I know you guys love each other and miss each other and all that, but don’t talk too late. SeungRi, even if you’re not sleepy you still need to get more rest; and JiYong I know your schedule for tomorrow won’t start until the afternoon, but it’s always good to sleep earlier. I’ll leave you two some private time. Bye!”

“Bye hyung!” SeungRi waves before turning back to JiYong on the iPad, only to see him with a scrunched up face. “Hyung, what happened? Are you alright?” He asks worriedly.

“I pinched myself to feel your pain.” JiYong answered with a serious face.

“You WHAT?!! Ouch,” SeungRi almost jumped, “ it’s hurting again.” He presses his hand on his abdomen where his liver is.

Seeing SeungRi’s painful face, a tinge, no, actually huge feelings of guilt arouses in JiYong’s heart. “Aegy-yah I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you like that I was just… I… I… I’m so sorry Hyunie… Does it hurt a lot? Don’t try to bear it, call the nurses or something. Hyunie, are you… are you alright?”

“Yeah I’m okay. My doctors said although the bleeding stopped it’s gonna hurt for a couple of days. Its fine, don’t worry, no big deals.” SeungRi grins.

JiYong’s even guiltier now, “How could I not worry? I’m so sorry aegy-yah.”

“Oh please hyung, stop apologizing, you didn’t cause it, it’s suppose to hurt.” This hyung… “But did you really pinch yourself?”

“Yeah, but that was not on purpose though!” He defended, “I just kind of pinched my tummy fat… And then I thought it would be funny to say that and… Hyunie I am truly so…”

“For the hundredth time, hyung!” SeungRi cuts JiYong off.

And JiYong gets all worry again, “Okay, okay, I’m not gonna apologize anymore. Calm down, I don’t want you to hurt yourself again.” He looks up from the screen when SeungRi hears SoonHo’s voice; he turns back after a brief conversation. “We’re at the door of our hotel now, wait up for a bit, let me get back to my room first.” He gave SeungRi an air kiss.

“Hey lovebirds! Stop being so attached, we gotta go.” JiYong only turned off the webcam, so SeungRi can still hear and guess what is happening on the other end, and that was SoonHo teasing.

He hears the sound of JiYong jumping off the car, of fabric rubbing indicating that they are walking, of some fans screaming from afar, and of a distant “ding”, and then SeungRi figures that they are probably in the elevator. (A/N: lol Ji have super good reception, didn't even disconnect when he got in the elevator.)

“JiYong-ie hyung,” it is DaeSung’s voice, “have you call SeungRi yet? I want to talk to him too. Can you call me over when you do call him?”

“Us too, JiYong, I wanna know how maknae’s doing.” He hears YoungBae say.

SeungRi secretly chuckles. His hyungs were each in a different car, no wonder DaeSung and the others don't know that JiYong had already talked to him, and that he can hear everything they are saying right now.

He also picked up the worries in DaeSung’s words. Right, they've only heard about his condition through BoKyung, they would still be worried until they hear his voice. Now who says he and DaeSung are awkward? They were just not really good at starting conversations! (A/N: that IS akward!!!)

“Come to my room ten minutes later, we can talk to him then, but not for too long though, he needs to sleep early to recover well.” JiYong answers.

There was another “ding”, and the sound of a door closed and auto-locked, the screen then brightens and JiYong’s handsome face appears on it again. “Why didn't you let them know that I’m already here, hyung?”

“Because you are my baby, mine only!" says JiYong, “If it wasn’t for you to sleep earlier, I would’ve told them to call you on their own.”

“Ji, you selfish brat!” TOP playfully yelled with the Yoon MunSik voice.

“How the hell did you guys get in?!” The three members who seem to appear out of nowhere surprised JiYong, but he quickly figured out the answer to his own question, “TaeHee! I didn’t give you my spare key card to let them in and ruin my moment!”

“I was forced, hyung.” TaeHee puts both his hands up in surrender, “BoKyung-ie hyung gave me strict orders to come stop you hyungs at twelve so SeungRi hyung can get enough sleep. I’ll be back, cherish your time, hyungs!” TaeHee smirks and walks away.

The four BigBang members quietly watch as TaeHee leaves, but becomes crazy instantly as soon as the door closes behind TaeHee.

“You already had your turn, Ji, now we get to talk to maknae!” YoungBae snatches the iPad from JiYong’s grip.

But before he could say a word to SeungRi, TOP already took it away from him. With his height advantage, he raises it high up and teases, “Jump, YoungBae, jump! You’ll get your turn when you grow up.”

He was so focus on teasing YoungBae that he didn’t notice who is behind him. Like a furious tiger, DaeSung tackled the oldest from the back and the iPad once again lands in a different pair of hands.

JiYong was just sitting down looking at them fighting over the iPad, or more so SeungRi, but when he caught a glimpse of the screen when TOP was holding it up, he know he has to take action, although he was not fast enough and let DaeSung got a hold of the iPad first.

“Guys, STOP!!!” JiYong roars. Everyone went silent within one second, “Hyungs… Stop… You’re making me dizzy…” The three of them froze on the spot hearing SeungRi’s weak, tiny voice. JiYong grabs back the iPad and sets it on the table.

They might think it was fun, but to SeungRi, he only sees what the built-in webcam of the iPad is able to capture, and with his hyungs fighting over it, the image was like the world spinning around him, like the car accident all over again.

He becomes panick, his heart pounding loudly against his chest; he presses a hand over his heart and inhales deeply. Is it just his anxiety or did breathing became harder too?

“Baby, look at me.” He hears JiYong say, but he’s too scared to move even a bit. “It’s okay, they stopped already, you can look up now.”

“SeungRi-yah, I’m sorry, we didn’t know that would make you scare.” DaeSung apologizes first.

“Yeah maknae, we’re sorry, don’t be scare anymore.” YoungBae says too.

“My bad… Don’t cry, SeungRi.” TOP adds.

After hearing them, SeungRi seems to calm down a little, but he still didn’t raise his head. “Are you okay Hyunie? Is it hurting again?” JiYong asks. That one time was more than enough; he doesn't want to see his baby in pain a second time.

SeungRi peeks at the screen first, making sure that his hyungs really did stop, before lifting his head and says, “Don’t worry hyung, it’s not, I just kind of panicked. I’ll be okay. And SeungHyun-ie hyung,” he pouts, “I wasn’t crying!”

“Really? If it hurts you need to tell me, don’t hide it.” JiYong is still worry as hell.

“Aish, hyung, stop worrying too much, I’m really alright!”

“He’ll never be able to do that.” YoungBae laughs, “He’s our maknae’s dear daddy!”

JiYong elbows him lightly, “Shut up about my nicknames and actually talk to him! It’s getting late; he needs to go to sleep soon.”

“Oops, daddy’s mad.” TOP, as childish as he always is when off camera, has to more.

Only DaeSung listens to JiYong and asks SeungRi, “You’re really alright, right? Just a week of hospitalization?” The car crash he was in before where he broke his nose and ribs was way worse. He knows the pain and the horror so well that he keeps on thinking worse about SeungRi’s condition subconsciously.

“Yup. I mean, I’ll be doing outpatient and won’t be able to attend schedules for two months or so after I get discharge from here, but everything’s good.”

The hyungs finally focus on talking to SeungRi. They joked around, had fun, and made plans to visit him at the hospital with presents the fans shove into their hands for him.

Time flies when you are having fun. When TaeHee comes back in the room, they haven’t had enough fun yet. “Hyungs, it’s twelve already, you need to let SeungRi hyung sleep now.”

“Ten more minutes! You gotta let us say goodbye and wrap up.” YoungBae bargains.

“No, if BoKyung-ie hyung finds out he’ll kill me.”

“Just give us a little more time, TaeHee.” SeungRi also says, “I’ll make sure BoKyung-ie hyung don’t know about it.”

TaeHee nods, “If you say so, hyung, but just five minutes.”

Fearing of not having enough time, DaeSung speaks up first, “SeungRi, take care of yourself for these few days, we’ll be back very soon.”

“That’s right SeungRi, get well soon so your little daddy here can rest assured.”

“Wow, SeungHyun-ie hyung, are you still not over that nickname?” SeungRi laughs at the oldest hyung’s statement.

“We’ll let our fans know about how you’re doing so they don’t get too worry either, if this is what you’re thinking about.” YoungBae says, “I’ll tell them to keep you in prayer so can recover faster. You know, ‘The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.’ If we all pray together, you’ll be better in no time!”

“Thank you hyung. Aww… I still feel bad not being able to be with you guys. Not that I don’t care about my own health! I know what you want to say JiYong-ie hyung, don’t go there. I just want to feel the spirit and all.”

“If that’s the case, TaeHee get over here!” JiYong calls, “Tomorrow, actually today ‘cause it’s past twelve, before the concert starts, you take this, go sit in the very back where you can see the whole stadium of fans, and video chat SeungRi.”

“But I need to help out backstage, hyung.”

“Then tell SoonHo to do it, just make sure SeungRi can see the fans and the stage.”

“Hyung, don’t make things difficult for TaeHee, I can search for fan cams on my own.” SeungRi didn’t want to bother too much people even though he’s actually attracted to see the concert this special way.

“Oh baby, TaeHee won’t be bothered. Right TaeHee?” JiYong smiles evilly at him.

“Yeah, yeah… I can do that…”

“Okay Hyunie, goodnights now, sleep tight.”

“Goodnight hyungs, goodnight TaeHee. One more thing, JiYong-ie hyung. Uh… Can you guys go first?”

“C’mon let’s get back to our rooms. SeungHyun-ie hyung, DaeSung, TaeHee, let’s go.” YoungBae pushes the three towards the door. “’Nights maknae, sweet dreams!”

After the door closes, SeungRi asks, “Are they all gone?”

“Yup, what did you wanna say?”

“I love you, oppa, goodnight.” SeungRi blushes a little.

“I love you too baby. Put away the iPad and close your eyes, I’m gonna end the call now. Make sure you dream about me.” JiYong air kisses SeungRi again.

“Of course I will! You need to dream about me too.” SeungRi lies down and pouts.

“Will do, goodnight baby.” And with that the screen turns off, but both hearts are lit up. 

 

That's a really long one!!! Gotta go now~ but I'll love your comments!!!! ❤❤❤