Chapter 11 [September 16th]

Nyongtory's Daily Life (since JiYong's Shanghai concert)

Here comes my new chapter!! Well it's not too sweet, yet, cuz the plot needs to slowly get back up, but it's not as down as the previous chap! 

 

[JiYong's apartment, 2:39 a.m.]

A sleepless JiYong is at his desk writing lyrics and composing songs, or at least trying to, in the middle of the night. He is tired, very tired, but for the numerous times he got on bed and closed his eyes tonight, they all ended up with him not being able to fall asleep and got back up again.

Just as he's getting ready to take some sleeping pills and force himself to bed, his phone vibrates, indicating he got a text. It's from Hanna.

[My SeungHyung is awake! ♥] It reads.

The text made JiYong jump. "SeungHyung" is how Hanna usually addresses her brother, when she's either happy or teasing.

SeungRi once told JiYong that when Hanna first started learning to talk, she was taught to call him "oppa", like any other Korean girl was. As she grew older, she adapted how their parents call SeungRi and started calling him just "SeungHyun". They had some fights over it, baby SeungRi telling their parents that Hanna is not being polite and baby Hanna complaining about SeungRi being mean to her, but she settled back to calling him "oppa" for some time, until SeungRi moved up to second grade in elementary school. SeungRi had some first grade friends, and of course they call him "hyung". When they were playing together after school, five-year-old Hanna overheard that and got really into calling SeungRi "hyung" again. After a series of intense but sweet siblings' bickering and arguments, they both finally agreed on Hanna calling SeungRi "SeungHyung".

It is a cute nickname, but because of the heavy atmosphere lately, Hanna hadn't use that name at all. But if she's using this nickname again now, doesn't that mean SeungRi is actually getting better?

JiYong quickly texts back, asking for more details. It happens that SeungRi regained full consciousness at around 2:00 a.m., after the doctors did some tests on him and made sure that it's not something temporary that wears out all his energy that's left and sends him back into a coma after, they gave SeungRi's family a call telling them the good news. Hanna knew JiYong must be the one worrying the most aside from them, the blood-related ones, so she sent the text over the second she got the news.

But the sad thing is, according to the doctors, even though SeungRi is fully conscious now, he is still in a very weak state, so visiting him right away would be impossible, everyone wishing to visit, including direct family, will just have to wait to nine in the morning when visiting hour starts and it will still be one at a time. Even so, JiYong is more than happy, and finally collapses on his "Tom & Laura" and drifted into dreamland.

 

[Intensive Care Unit, Seoul XXX Hospital]

All the doctors and nurses left after they tested him and made sure he's really woken up, now SeungRi is alone in the ICU again, bored to death.

He hadn't get a hold of his phone for one whole day as he remembers, you could say it's four days but he wasn't really conscious so he wouldn't remember clearly. His phone is very important to him, kind of like the importance of JiYong's lyric book or TOP's Be@rBricks; he just can't help with the insecurity when his phone is nowhere to be found. And then he suddenly thought of one thing, his iPad.

He technically didn't change room, it's only that a lot more machines got pushed in the room and attached to him to note down and monitor every tiny little change in his body, so there's a chance the iPad may still be in the drawer within his reach.

It's a little farther than he expected, but he got it after a few tries and THANK GOD he didn't hurt himself more in the process.

'Yes... Finally! Internet!' SeungRi cheers in his mind while turning on the device. He sees a whole lot of notifications, first one being Instagram so he just clicks in without thinking too much.

His direct box and notifications are totally flooded; he scrolls down and reads every one carefully. None of his friends or fans knows about the real situation, because he kept telling BoKyung to tell them that he's fine, well he felt fine at the time, but they're still so caring, and reading their post regarding him is just heartwarming. He also saw the girl that he met somewhere last time and he gave her his username so they can be friends and chat more and what not, she is following him now, and so he follows back.

He continues to go through Twitter, Weibo, and other social network applications on the device, but just as he's halfway through, the iPad screen becomes dark and then turns itself off.

Right, four days without charging, he should know the battery wouldn't last long!

Without the distraction from all the fun now, he starts to feel tire again. Of course he would, he just woke up from that semi-coma after that emergency liver surgery. Then he puts the iPad away and went back to sleep.

 

[Waiting room outside Intensive Care Unit, Seoul XXX Hospital, 8:47 a.m.]

"Can we go in yet?" asks JiYong. The nurse who was questioned answers with the best smile she can put on, "No sir, not yet, there are still a little more than ten minutes until nine o' clock."

Hanna taps JiYong's shoulder and says, "C'mon oppa, that was the fifth time in the last twenty minutes!" She giggles.

"I know right! Seriously, hyung! Calm yourself!" TaeHee adds but gets elbow by JiYong immediately. "I'm so telling SeungRi hyung this." TaeHee glares at JiYong, making everyone laugh.

Mrs. Lee moves over to JiYong's side, grabs his hand, pats it and says, "JiYong-ah, go ahead and go in first when visiting hour starts, our SeungHyun will be so happy seeing you back." She smiles kindly.

"No no no, eomeoni, you don't have to, I can't, I'm not..." JiYong tries to refuse the offer but couldn't find the right words to say, he wants to be the first one to see him, but he can't go before SeungRi's parents and sister.

"If my eoma tells you to go then go oppa." Hanna says as if she’s annoyed, but smiling brightly.

"Thank you so much eomeoni." is all JiYong can say.

"It's nothing; you are like our son too. As a mother, I'm just doing what will make my son happiest." Mrs. Lee squeezes JiYong's hand.

Time passes very fast and it's already 9:00 a.m., JiYong got up to go in, and is kind of happy that he doesn't have to wear one of those gowns again, they are quite uncomfortable.

SeungRi is still sleeping when he walks in, but with no oxygen mask and a tiny smile plastered on his face, his pale lips are a little dry, but that didn't affect his beauty at all in JiYong's eyes. Carefully sitting down next to him, he pecks those lips a few times.

Feeling a warm thing touching his own lips, SeungRi stirs and wakes up, squinting his eyes to adjust to the light and see "what" it was.

"Hyung...? JiYong-ie hyung...?" his voice sounds a little hoarse because he just woke up, and JiYong puts a finger on his lips to stop him from talking more.

"Don't talk too much, you sound horrible." He ruffles SeungRi's hair before walking away to get him a cup of water.

After drinking the whole cup of water with the straw attached to it, and it's a very big cup, his throat doesn't feel as dry, "Welcome back, oppa~" he says while pushing himself up for a hug, but got pushed back down by JiYong, who just leans in and half hugs him in the lying position.

"Did you just come back, hyung? How was the concert?"

JiYong flicks SeungRi's forehead lightly, "Seriously this is what you want to ask first thing you see me? I was here last night and saw you lying here, why don't you ask me how I feel seeing you being so vulnerable?" He turns his back to SeungRi, trying to look like he's angry.

"Hyung..." Apparently SeungRi took the bait. He pulls on the hem of JiYong's shirt, "Hyung, don't be mad, I don't want you to worry so I didn't bring it up..." he keeps trying to drag JiYong to face him, "Hyung don't do this to me..."

"I'm not mad, I'm ing worried! You have to do this every single time huh? How many times is it already that you try to hide your pain? You just, you..." He was going to say something more when TaeHee waves at him from the window, signaling him that he's got a call.

He ruffles SeungRi's hair and says, "I'll have to take that call. Eomeoni's just outside; I'll tell her and Hanna to come in."

"Wait, hyung," SeungRi grabs JiYong's hand when he starts to turn to the door, "are you leaving? And are the other hyungs coming too?"

"DaeSung was here with me last night, and I forced him home after. He probably didn't know you're awake yet; I'll call him later and see if he can come. SeungHyun-ie hyung didn't pick up when I called him, so I left a message, hope he checks it... Oh and YoungBae, he's on his way back from Beijing already, he'll be landing around noon so I'll get him to come then." He looks out the glass window and TaeHee's there waving at him again, "I really gotta go, but I'll be back real quick, stay put, don't stress yourself okay?" He pecks SeungRi's lips quickly and then walks out the door.

JiYong took his phone back from TaeHee and takes the call; it's from Yang HyunSuk himself, he wants JiYong to go to the YG building as soon as possible, without telling him what for. HyunSuk rarely makes urgent calls to them like this, as he mostly only care about the music they produce, and leave all the other things such as administrative stuff up to his brother and other YG staffs. The call kind of scares JiYong, not that he's scare of HyunSuk, DongWook is scarier, but with HyunSuk making this urgent call himself means that something is very wrong.

He tells TaeHee to run down and get the car first while he go say his goodbyes. Hanna is sitting in the waiting room when he got there, so he didn't go in and just told her that he has to leave immediately, but will come back for the evening visiting hours.

 

[President's Office, top floor of YG building, 10:30 a.m.]

JiYong, HyunSuk, his brother MinSuk and two other YG staffs taking care of the press stuff are having a confidential meeting here.

One staff told them that he told the press the truth about SeungRi being in the ICU and asked them to keep it low a few days ago. They did keep it low, but their attitude towards the information is very suspicious.

They figured out why when the other staff gave information he got. There are dirty things going on in the Incheon Asian Games Organizing Committee, and it's not going to look good for the whole South Korea if the news do break out, since the IAG is such a continental and even international thing. And as how things usually goes, a breaking news from a K-pop star is the perfect cover-up and eye catcher to takes netizens' eyes off the sensitive news. The press want to use SeungRi's ICU news to get the netizens' attention, so when the IAG news are out it would just be at the corner of the page where no one notices.

"I already talked to some of the press that want to report SeungRi's issue, they only told me that they're going to release it at the 'right time' but don't know when exactly; my best guess is in no longer than a week." Says the staff.

"That's going to affect us and BigBang." MinSuk states worriedly.

"MinSuk hyung, how's 'SeungRi being in ICU' going to affect BigBang? People would just pray for him more when they know that he's suffering!" JiYong argues; he hates how MinSuk's face is showing that the "affect" SeungRi's news is going to bring on BigBang is negative.

"He walked off the ambulance! People are going to think that he wanted to run!"

"He's a ing celebrity! He couldn't and wouldn't run! All he wanted to do was get to Singapore with us!" JiYong is literally burning up.

"Netizens never think on the good side, kid!"

HyunSuk cuts in, stopping any further argument, "Calm down, JiYong, MinSuk. I do agree with MinSuk that the netizens aren't nice, but I also think it's wrong to release some news that will break SeungRi more when he's already hurt. Is there any way we could stop the press from getting news out? Can we pay them and buy it out or something?" He asks the staff.

"I can ask them, but judging from their attitude, it wouldn't be possible." The staff replies.

"Do ask them though, even if it's just a slight chance. And we need a plan B; if they really don't agree, what can we do to reduce the harm to the least both towards SeungRi and to the company?" HyunSuk asks the rest.

As the vice-president, MinSuk thinks more about the company, "All we can do now is to not say anything. In the netizens' eyes he's the one at fault, whatever we say they're going to see it as we are on his side. That's going to bring our company and BigBang's reputation down."

"For the last ing time!" a mad JiYong stands after slapping the table.

"Language, JiYong!" HyunSuk presses on his shoulder and makes him sit back down first before letting him continue.

"We are not going to abandon Hyunie whatsoever. SeungRi was and is and forever will be part of us, leave him out and congratulations, you just destroyed the whole BigBang." JiYong says after calming down his temper.

"Nice vow, but what does this actually do? Nothing!" MinSuk snorts.

"Then what do you want me to do?!"

MinSuk smirks, "They want breaking news right? Then give them some news, can you do that?"

"Stop playing games and spit it out!" JiYong swears if MinSuk speaks another word of crap he'll punch him in the face even though he's the VP and a hyung; he was never someone with a good temper, especially when things concerns SeungRi.

"One picture of 'G-Dragon's New Scandal' will be more than enough."

"What?!"

"You don't want to do it? I guess SeungRi will just have to..."

"Okay I'll do it!" JiYong cuts. Oh his fist is so ready to punch someone.

"Good, you want me to send you a lady or you want to find your own?"

HyunSuk can tell that JiYong is going to explode any second now. "MinSuk, get out for now, you're getting on JiYong's nerves, I don't want you two to create a scene in my office. You two too, go do whatever else you need to do." HyunSuk tells them to leave, but lets JiYong stay.

"Are you really going to do it? You know, fans don't like scandals and 'oppa's girlfriends', it might harm your own reputation too." He asks JiYong, handing him a cup of cold water to help calm himself.

JiYong chugs down the water and says, "If it can help harm Hyunie less, I don't care, bring it on." He stops to think for a second, "Hyung, should I go get ready for it now?"

"Maybe not. Timing is really important in this, if you do it too early or too late it'll be wasted. If SeungRi's news is going to be release in about a week..." he checks the artists' schedule on his computer, "You have that Chow Tai Fook fan meeting this weekend right? Do it after that, but bring TaeHee and SoonHo along." HyunSuk suggests.

JiYong smiles bitterly, "Of course I will, I'm at work, not actually on a date."

"You can go if you want to, are you going to go back to SeungRi's now?"

"Not yet, I'm going back at eight; gotta grab a bite first. And I'll see if YoungBae and DaeSung are coming along with me or on their own. Are you coming too, hyung?"

"EunJu and I will go on our own later." HyunSuk replies.

"Alright. Bye for now hyung." JiYong waves and walks out the door.

He walks to the garage and sits in his car, after TaeHee starts the car, heading off to a restaurant for a late lunch; he pulls out his phone and dials a number.

"Hey Kiko, how's it going? I need some help here, AGAIN."  

 

I'm a pure Nyongtory shipper so whatever really happens in real life, I'm still gonna make it a GRi thing when it's in my fic!! 

 

But one bad news... I just heard that Riri is back in the hopital... T^T He's having a bad fever... T^T It's like a rollercoaster ride, all the news always going up and down!!! guys keep praying plz!! Ri plz plz plz stay healthy T^T