Chapter 20 [October 7th]

Nyongtory's Daily Life (since JiYong's Shanghai concert)

So after the plice confirm that ri was speeding and he went to investigation, the press reported it and netizens are all bashing him again... and then after that, no news at all about him came out, so i wuz just imagining what would happen if ri finds out about all these... 

 

[SeungRi's ward, 2:14 p.m.]

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? I should've been there yesterday when the report came out! The police said 'immediately'! Not 'wait 24 hours'!" SeungRi is yelling towards the legal staff that came to inform him about the result of the dash cam and the news that just came out. His voice is not very loud because he's still weak, but everyone can tell that he is clearly mad, which rarely happens before as SeungRi was always nice and optimistic.

BoKyung rushes over and stops SeungRi when he sees the boy tries to get off his bed. "What are you doing? You still need time to recover!" SeungRi getting off his bed is not the big problem here, he's been capable of walking around for a few days already, and he accompanies SeungRi to take short walks as exercises when there are not much people around too. But SeungRi now is nowhere close to getting ready to take a stroll.

"Yes, SeungRi-sshi. Even though the police said they want you to go immediately, they meant after you fully recovered and discharged from here." The staff also says.

No matter how hard they try to convince SeungRi, he still wants to go to the police station for further investigation. "BoKyung-ie hyung, either you go to my apartment, get me a change of clothes and drive me over, or I'll go on my own, I can take a taxi or call a friend here to fetch me."

To prevent SeungRi from hurting himself again because of his big movements, BoKyung decides to back off a bit first, "Okay, SeungRi, I can go get you your clothes and bring you to the station, but we need to talk to your doctor first and see if you can get permission to leave, whether it's a waiver for this short period of time or discharge."

SeungRi finally calms his nerves and sits back down on his bed. His doctor comes in momentarily and takes a look at his body, he tells them that SeungRi is free to go if it's just for the investigation, but suggests that SeungRi should come back to the hospital after to make sure that he won't get any more complications before an official discharge.

BoKyung comes back with SeungRi's clothes twenty minutes later, he and the legal staff escorts SeungRi to the van and take off to go to the police station.

 

[SeungRi's ward, 5:30 p.m.]

SeungRi is back in the hospital after he's finally done with the first part of the investigation now. It was alright, the police officers were pretty nice and weren't accusing him like he's a criminal, but he was still strained and tired when he walked out of the station, even his intubation wound starts to hurt a bit.

"Eoma... JiYong-ie hyung..." He's surprised by the two people sitting in his ward. Well not too much by his mom, he was just too nervous about the investigation and forgot that she comes everyday at this time, but JiYong? He usually doesn't show up till late at night to lull him to sleep.

His mom didn't say anything but stand up to hug him, and he hugs her back too. He glances over at JiYong, who's just sitting on the couch, staring at him with furious eyes.

They break the hug when his doctor walks in, checking his body one more time, and he still thinks that SeungRi should not be discharge yet.

As usual, his mom brought him dinner. She urge him to start eating after the doctor left the ward, but he only forced about half of the food in the thermos down. It's probably just the nervousness that hasn’t completely vanished yet, but he doesn't feel like eating at all.

He took a good ten minutes after "dinner" to convince his mom that he's feeling alright and had BoKyung drive her home. Now it's just JiYong and him now.

"Hyung, eoma left already, you can say what you want to say now." SeungRi says from his seat.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm here for." JiYong never speak nice when he's angry, neither did he this time.

"What? The investigation? It's the right thing to do." SeungRi's voice is kind of cold too. He's been tired out by his own nervousness towards the investigation, and JiYong's attitude didn't help.

"They, no, you. You could've waited for a few more days until you're well enough."

"I am well enough; I asked the doctor and signed a waiver."

"Last time you signed a waiver you ended up with a 40-degrees fever and back in here! God knows what'll happen to you this time!" Finally, JiYong had his anger outburst.

"Apparently I'm all good." SeungRi is not backing off either.

"Why the hell are you like this? Three days ago you were that hyper kid wanting to sing along with us on that IAG thing you couldn't make it to. Look at you now; you're becoming all like that time when you read those... Oh crap... No. You. Didn't." JiYong denies his own words.

"I did." SeungRi confirms with a bitter smile on his face, "TaeHee's a bad actor you know, and my phone and iPad are not the only devices in the world that I can go on the internet with."

JiYong doesn't know what to say now. He hadn't thought about how he's going to comfort SeungRi before hand, he didn't even think about if SeungRi will ever find out. And his reactions, he could've cry, could've jump in his arms like he did before, but he didn't. He just sits there in bed smiling with bitterness in his eyes.

After a few minutes of silence for JiYong to gather his thoughts, he stands up and moves closer to SeungRi slowly. "You know, those comments, they're all from anti-fans, you should just... Ignore them." He starts, a bad one.

"Hyung, our fans love us for whatever we do, only the anti-fans are actually here to tell the truth."

"Truth? You call that truth? Don't you remember what you told me when I was all down after reading anti comments of mine?"

"Well I was too naïve back then." SeungRi smiles, but it pains JiYong, "I was a speeding reckless driver in that car, I could've kill someone yet I got off the ambulance to go with BoKyung-ie hyung. Can you deny any of that, hyung? No, because they're all true. I'm guilty and I deserved it!" He spat, angry at himself.

"No you're not! You weren't running away, they let you go, you were just trying to get to the concert!" JiYong keeps on denying, that's all he can do now.

"The concert doesn't justify me for breaking the rules! I'm getting punishments because I deserved them!" SeungRi yells, suddenly standing up and sways a little. He balanced himself before JiYong was able to run over and catch him, but he backs away panting when JiYong tries to hug him.

"Hyunie..." JiYong gets worry when SeungRi heaves harder and starts turning pale, but couldn’t do anything because SeungRi keeps on backing away until his back touches the corner where two walls meet. JiYong watches as SeungRi slides down to the floor, pressing a hand on his chest, wheezing like he has asthma, couldn't remember what he should do for a few seconds.

When he finally registers what's happening, he runs to SeungRi's bed to ring the bell and get the doctor. He didn't dare to touch or move SeungRi, he doesn't know what is happening to the boy.

The doctor on duty runs in, checks SeungRi, and takes out a paper bag from one of the drawers, opening it before putting it over SeungRi's mouth. JiYong hears the young doctor telling SeungRi to relax and take deep breaths.

SeungRi's breathing got back to normal fairly quickly, but he looks drained. Before the doctor could help SeungRi stand and walk back to his bed, JiYong steps up to carry him.

After telling SeungRi to rest, the doctor and JiYong walk out to talk.

"Doctor, what happened to him? Is he okay?" JiYong asks eagerly.

"Yes sir, patient Lee is okay, for the most part."The doctor is a little taken aback by JiYong's avid attitude.

"Then why was he like that? I know for sure he doesn't have asthma!"

"It's not asthma; he was hyperventilating." He elaborated when he sees JiYong looking confused, "It means when someone is breathing uncontrollably fast. May I know what you guys were talking about before it happened?"

"Uh... Well, he read something he wasn't really supposed to, and started blaming himself for... For stuff, and then that..." JiYong tries to tell the doctor as much information as he can without spilling too much.

"If that's the case, he most likely had an anxiety attack caused by the stress."

"So, is he going to be alright? Does he need oxygen or anything? What should I do to help him?" Worry JiYong always have so many questions.

"Physically, yes, he's going to be alright, it's just his mind's dramatic responses to his fears and stress. And no he doesn't need oxygen because hyperventilation is actually inhaling too much oxygen." The doctor pauses briefly before he continues, "As of what you can do, when he's having an attack, get him a paper bag and make him breathe through it. Try to get him to relax, tell him he’s doing fine and guide him back to his normal breathing pattern. He should be fine if you do that. And at the times when he’s not having an attack, find out what is stressing him if you haven’t already, talk to him more about his problems so he doesn’t feel like he has to deal with everything on his own, that helps a lot too.”

“Okay, thank you doctor.” JiYong nods, noting down everything the doctor said in his mind.

He went back in the ward after the doctor left, SeungRi looks like he's asleep already, so JiYong gathers his belongings as quietly as he could. "You’re sleeping awfully early tonight. Sweet dreams, aegy-yah~” He says and leaves a peck on SeungRi's cheek before taking off.  

 

to me, even though ri is still he dongsaeng and the maknae, he's also a grown-up, an adult, a man. so he wouldn't be a little baby that only acts cute, that's why i portrait him like this. i feel so bad writing this... i dnt wanna jinx ri... T.T