Chapter 5 [Running Man]

Nyongtory's Daily Life (since JiYong's Shanghai concert)

Sorry it took me so long to come back to this fic!!!!! I went on a long summer break... hehe... but now I'm back!

 

 

SeungRi lost his voice from the Running Man recording. But that wasn’t the worst part, when he got home, his cold that he caught from rolling around in the mud and the outdoor swimming pool developed into a high fever.

It’s not as bad now because his parents moved to Seoul after he bought a new apartment. He has his mom, who prepared him tasty dinner while he takes a hot shower, and his dad who would go to the pharmacy to buy him aspirin in the middle of the night. But having a fever is having a fever; he’s feeling terrible right now.

Every one of the Running Man cast and staffs noticed that SeungRi is not feeling well. Who wouldn’t? His pale face when picking out the cards after the first mission, his hoarse voice when failed attempting to sing for Princess JiHyo at the second mission, and his silence at the last part of recording when every team exchange cards because he totally lost his voice.

The three manager hyungs drop off SeungRi first, and then JiYong and DaeSung together since they live in the same building. DaeSung was dozing off in the back of the van already, but JiYong who was sitting right next to SeungRi took noticed of how he can’t even say bye because of his voice. And when his hand touched SeungRi’s when he handed SeungRi his jacket, DAMN! It’s burning!

So after JiYong went home and took a shower, he still feel extremely worried even though he’s hundred percent sure that SeungRi is in good hands of his parents. “Alright,” JiYong finally made a decision after circling in his living room for the fortieth time thinking about SeungRi, “I’m going to his place. Aegi-yah~ Hyung’s coming~”

He left his Lamborghini in the garage and drove his black Bentley, which is slightly, yes, just SLIGHTLY not as fancy as his other car. SeungRi’s apartment wasn’t far at all; the building is just a few blocks down, but the last thing he as Korea’s #1 fashionista need to do is walk down the street in sweatpants and hoody at night.

It only took JiYong a few minutes to get there. He put in the pass code to the underground garage and drove in to find parking. And now he is standing right in front of SeungRi’s apartment door, half way through punching in the pass code. Then he stopped, realizing that unlike before, SeungRi’s parents are living here as well now, he can’t just open the door and walk in there even though SeungRi’s parents treat him like family too and that he knows the pass code like the back of his palm. And with that in mind he rang the door bell; it was SeungRi’s mom who got the door for him.

“Eomeoni~” JiYong greeted her, “I think SeungHyun got sick at the Running Man recording today, so I came to see if he’s okay. Is he feeling any better?”

“He took some aspirin and his usual AR meds, but his fever is still running high when we left him in his room to catch some sleep. You can go in and check on him. JiYong, do you want anything to eat or drink?”

“No, thank you, I’m good, eomeoni. It’s getting late; you and abeoji can go to bed. I’m staying for the night to take care of SeungHyun.” JiYong smiled at SeungRi’s mom and quietly opened the door to SeungRi’s room.

But the image he saw made him kind of mad: SeungRi, who was supposed to be resting, is now sitting up in bed doing something on his iPad.

"Yah Lee SeungHyun!!!" JiYong rush over and snatched the iPad from SeungRi's hands, "What are you doing? Why are you up on your iPad with the lights off? Are you trying to kill yourself?! You're sick; you're supposed to be resting." He reaches his hand to SeungRi's forehead.

SeungRi smile at JiYong's use of "trying to kill himself", he wanted to tell his hyung that it's not that he doesn't want to sleep, but it's his stuffy nose and sore throat that is making him so uncomfortable that he can't fall asleep at all. But it hurts his throat too much just to say "hyung", and JiYong stop him at there and tell him that he don't need to talk, he understands what he wants.

"Are the meds not working? Why is your temperature still high?" JiYong is worried, it's been three hours since they got off work, but SeungRi isn't getting any better.

SeungRi took his iPad back and types "I threw up :(" on it before showing JiYong.

"Oh, right, right. How can I forget that your stomach is too sensitive and can't take aspirin?” JiYong remembers how whenever SeungRi’s having a fever, his stomach becomes too sensitive to whatever he consumes and always resulted him throwing everything up, whether it's food or medicines. There was even this one time that SeungRi got so sick that he even threw up on water, and had to be hospitalized for four days because he have to take everything in by IV therapy, including parenteral nutrition.

JiYong quickly went through his bag that he brought with him and takes out a bottle of Tylenol, “Well good that you left this at home from last time. I’ll go get you some water.” JiYong had figured out from the numerous times that SeungRi was sick when they were living togethef that he is least likely to throw up when he’s using Tylenol instead of aspirin to control his temperature.

He came back with a cup of warm water. Just when he was about to feed SeungRi his Tylenol with the water, SeungRi typed “oppa~ want ice water! Sore throat TT TT” on his iPad and cover half of his face with it.

“Aegi, Aegi-yah listen, I know your throat hurts when you swallow and I know cold water make you feel a bit better at the moment, but you’re sick still, you can’t drink cold water, it’s gonna make you worst, okay? If you want to recover and get your voice back, listen to oppa and take your meds! Now open your mouth.”

SeungRi pouted, but took the Tylenol he was given anyway. He’s JiYong’s good baby after all.

JiYong then “forced” SeungRi to drink three more cups of water before telling him to go to sleep. “You know you still got a radio to go to tomorrow right? Better go to sleep now or else you can’t wake up tomorrow! But if you are really not feeling well after you wake up tomorrow morning, just tell JeongGeun hyung that you’re sick and don’t force yourself to go, I'm pretty sure they can figure something out if you really can't be there. And remember to make time to go see your doctor; I’ll tell JeongGeun hyung about this too. If you keep on throwing up on western medication then go see a Han-wuisa (Traditional Korean doctor). Oppa is going to sing you a lullaby, just try to go to sleep listening to it ‘cuz you need more rest okay baby?” SeungRi nodded and buried himself in JiYong’s hug, and quickly fell asleep listening to JiYong’s heartbeat. 

 

 

 

So there are some things that I want to clearify, I put in a lot of BigBang and YG facts here!

1. Ri really was sick from recording Running Man, I just don't know if he had a fever or not. And he really do have AR, he said that in an episode of Strong Heart explaining why he have deep dark circles.

2. If you didn't know about this, Ri's parents did move in to Seoul, they had a house warming party and a friend of him that help w/ cooking the food for the party tweeted about it.

3. If Dae hadn't move to his parents' or somewhere else, he should still be living in the dorm that YG rented for them in the building Ji and YG live in. Both BigBang and 2NE1 got new dorms there, but not all of them live in it. Their old dorm before this one is now for Teams A and B from WIN.

4. It was said that Ji have 3 Bentleys, 1 balck 1 white and 1 u known to public before he was spotted in his Lamborgheini at YG building.

5. According to fan accounts from when Ri performed in a play and Ji went to watch it, he addressed Ri's mom as "eomeoni"^^

6. The time that Ri got hospitalized I was talking about was December 12th to 16th, 2011. Riri was hospitalizdd on his birthday T_T

7. When I went to Korea during the summer, the tour guide told me that "oppa" does not only mean "older brother of women", it's also a way girls call their boyfriends. It is because Korea back in the days doesn't allow guys and girls choose who they want to marry themselves, so when couples date, they have to act like they are siblings so the older generation that is super against dating can't tell that they are a couple. And calling your boyfriend "oppa" just pass down since then, even though Korea is not against dating anymore ages ago.

8. I have a feeling that Ri does call Ji by "oppa" cuz if watch Ji's LINE chat, when he called Ri, Ri picked up and answered with a really cute tone saying "Yeobeo-seyo~? Oppa~ It's me~" Ah~ Sooo CUTE!! But he suddenly went silent and then changed his tone to a normal "BangSong tone" calling Ji by "hyung" after Ji said "SeungRi-yah what u doin'?" That also means Ji does not call Ri by "SeungRi" in private!

9. "Aegi" or "애기" meas "baby" but not exactly "kid (아기/아가)". Ji once said in a radio program that "SeungRi is still a baby (Aegi). Aegi-yah~!!"