eighteen

Friendzone 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter eighteen

The next morning you arrived at school a little earlier than usual. You were sitting on a bench by yourself, reading a book you were assigned to read in class. It was a cold and windy day, and you were totally not prepared for this kind of weather since you walked out of the house wearing just your uniform and a thin sweater. You shivered in coldness as you felt the icy breeze hit you once more.

"Ugh, why is it so cold?" You mumbled to yourself as you rubbed your hands together. "I should really check the weather more often." You sighed and continued to read your book.You were in the middle of reading when you sensed someone sit next to you. You looked beside you and saw someone you didn't expect to see. "Songhee?" You spoke.

The cute girl smiled at you, "Oh, unnie! I didn't even notice it was you!"

"Oh." You just forced a laugh, not knowing if you should be offened or not. Awkward silence filled the air and it was annoying you, so you decided to pick up a conversation. "Sooo.... how do you like it here so far?"

Songhee sighed happily, "Even though today is barely my second day, I already love it here! Everyone is so nice and wecloming."

You stiffly grinned at her, "Greaat." You shifted your eyes back to your book and was going to continue reading, but she kept going.

"I'm really thankful everyone's been treating me well." She went on. " Especially Baekhyun oppa. He's been taking really good care of me since I met him yesterday morning."

The mention of Baekhyun's name made you freeze. The ball of sunshine kept going, "It's kind of amazing how close we got in just a few hours. I heard that it took him around 18 years for you two to get close, am I right?" You blinked at her. What was she implying? That her and Baekhyun are going to be much closer that you are with him since it took them a shorter amount of time to get close? You may be over exaggerating right now, but the tone in her voice sure made it sound like that's what she was trying to say. "Sure." You said with no emotion.

Songhee sighed in awe, "Wow, so you two have known each other for so long!"

"I guess you can put it that way." You shrugged. Just then Songhee's face lite up, like she had some sort of plan. "Unnie~" She spoke with a bit of aegyo in her tone, which made you cringe. "What?" You coldly said.

"Do you think you can help me with something?" She asked you and clasped her hands together. You rose an eyebrow at her and crossed your arms, "Depends what it is..."

"Well, I know that we don't really know each other that well yet and I know it takes you a while to open up to people, but i'm going to tell you a little secret." She grinned from ear to ear. You just stared at her, waiting for her to continue on. She giggled and made her way close to your ear. "I like Baekhyun oppa." She whispered in the most timid voice ever. You felt your body tense up as soon as you hear those words. You stopped breathing for a while and you didn't even blink. You just froze in your spot, staring ahead of you. I knew it.

"So." Songhee cotinued. "Do you think you can help me to get him to like me back?"

"What?!" You choked on your saliva. say what?

The girl rubbed her arm shyly, "Well, you know, since you're close with him and all, maybe you can convince him to like me back!"

Well excuse me girl, who do you think you are? Do you really think i'm going to help you get the boy I love to like you? I bit my lip in anger, but I made sure it wasn't so noticeable. Songhee clinged her arm into mine, "Oh please unnie! Pleaseeee!"

I sighed and looked at her. Songhee was a really beautiful girl. She was pure and innocent, and her face resembled an angel. Her eyes were gentle and soft, but at the same time they twinkled with happiness. Her skin was soft and white as snow. Her eyes were big and full of innocence and her long eye lashes just made her more pretty. Her button-like nose was cute and small and her chubby, slightly pinkish cheeks gave her just the right amount of baby face that made her look even more pure that she already was. You then remembered Baekhyun's ideal type.

"Someone who looks and acts like an angel. Someone who has that pure and innocent aura that makes me want to hug her and protect her."

You lowered your head in sadness when you realized that Songhee was exactly that. You realized how perfect she was for him. She was just the right height for her to bury her head in her chest. You bet that her hand fit just right in Baekhyun's. You can just imagine the two together; laughing, hugging. And it hurt you to know that they would look so good together.

You nodded your head in agreement. "I-I'll see what I can do." Songhee jumped out of her seat squealing in happiness. She sat back down after her little celebration and hugged your arm. "Oh, thank you, thank you!" She exclaimed with joy. You forced a smile and nodded. "You know, I'm a bit nervous. If Baekhyun oppa does like me back, then it would be my first time to have a boyfriend." She giggled softly, her cheeks turning red at the thought of having her first real boyfriend.

You just stared at her, that forced smile still plastered on your face. You thought about how innocent she was, both inside and out, and figured that Baekhyun would really like her. Well, if he was happy, then that's all that matters to you. Because even though you're hurting, seeing him happy with that smile on his face would make you happy too. And even though you were hurting, at least one of you would be happy. And if you were to pick, you'd rather be hurt than have Baekhyun be hurt. Being his best friend, that was the least you could do.

--

That night you were laying on your bed doing your homework, but you couldn't get your conversation with Songhee that morning out of your head. She was a really nice girl, so you really didn't have any reason to say no. In fact, she was a much better girl than you were. You sighed as you put your pencil down and shut your book closed. You couldn't focus on your homework anymore since you had too much going on in your mind, and why bother doing it when you were only going to write down whatever. You decided that you'd just wake up earlier than usual to finish it; you only had 3 more problems anyway.

During lunch today, both Baekhyun and Songhee was no where to be found and you figured that the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter