Chapter 8

The Wolf and the Beauty

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun easily take down Kyungsoo in their practice. He was impressed by the progress he's been making. Maybe Baekhyun has finally accepted his life as wolf already...

"Ok, that's great, guys!" shouted Chen. He patted Baekhyun's head and gave him a warm smile.

"You're doing better everyday." he said. Baekhyun smiled back and walked over to Chanyeol.

"Baekkie, you were great!" exclaimed Chanyeol, with a goofy grin on his face.

"Yeah, thanks." replied Baekhyun, looking down at the ground as if he didn't want to be complimented.

Chanyeol cocked his head to the side. So Baekhyun still doesn't like this life huh...

"Practice's over, let's go somewhere else." Chanyeol offered. He looked expectantly at Baekhyun, but Baekhyun shook his head and walked away with a sad look on his face.

Chanyeol looked at him worriedly. He quietly followed him to wherever he is going...

...

Baekhyun ran like his life depended on it. He sprinted across the forest and didn't stop to take a break. He ran past the clearing, past the borderline between the pack and the human territory, and finally came to a stop when he saw something familiar.

The old camping site...

Baekhyun didn't really kow how long it has been since he was taken to the wolf pack. This camping site was the one he had been in the night he was taken away. He remembered where their family used to sit around the bonfire, where they set up their tents, where they go fishing,...everything was vivid. 

He felt a tear roll down his cheek.

The reason he came today is because he remembered something important, something he couldn't forget, even after a long period of time.

Today is his mother's birthday. 

Why he still remembers this, he doesn't know. And even though he doesn't know how long it has been since he got here, he has a feeling in his guts that reminded of him of today. He thought back on he memories he had with her :

"Baekhyun! Come inside! It's raining, you'll get sick!" his mother called. 

"But mommy, my kite flew away!" complained five-year-old Baekhyun.

"I'll buy you another one, come in now!" his mother rushed outside and took him inside.

-

"Mom! I got A+ on my math exam!" shouted nine-year-old Baekhyun, waving his report card in front of his mom.

"That's my good boy!" she complimented, ruffling his hair and smiling warmly.

"So do I get to buy the action figure I wanted?" he asked expectantly, looking at his mom with puppy eyes.

"Of course! I'll tell your daddy to take you out tonight and buy it." she replied. Baekhyun grinned like a goof.

-

"Byun Baekhyun, for the hundredth time, turn off that music!" scolded Mrs. Byun.

"Not now, mom, the contest is three days away, and I need to practice my singing!" retorted 15-year-old Baekhyun.

"It's 11pm, and the neighbors are complaining. Get some sleep." she reminded him, but Baekhyun just rolled his eyes and shooed her out.

"I'll go to sleep, ok? Stop nagging." he pushed her out of the room and closed the door in her face.

-

"Baekhyun?" his mother called. Baekhyun looked up from the bonfire.

"Yes, mom?"

"Don't take too long, get some sleep, it's late." she reminded him, then she went back into her tent.

Baekhyun smiled at her and bid her good night. He put out the bonfire and crawled into his tent. He checked his watch, it wasn't too late, so he decided to go on a little exploring trip.

That was the night he was taken away.

He felt the tears roll down his cheek, and he let out a huge cry. He regretted very time he had been angry with his mom; he cherished every joyful moment he had with her. He just missed her. He missed her so dearly.

"Baekhyunnie...?" whispered Chanyeol. He slowly crept out from behind the bushes. Baekhyun turned to look at him, trying to his tears.

"W-What are you d-doing here?" Baekhyun managed to choke out. Chanyeol put an arm around him and comforted him.

"I followed you. You seemed down." said Chanyeol. They stayed quiet for while, only the sound of Baekhyun's sniffing was heard. 

"Let's go back before it's too late." said Baekhyun, gathering himself together and stood up. He wiped the tears off his cheek and turned around.

"Wait! You're not gonna tell me what happened?" asked Chanyeol. He wanted to know why Baekhyun was crying.

"Let's just go, Channie..." he mumbled. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes.

"No." said Chanyeol. Baekhyun turned his head and looked at Chanyeol in confusion.

"What?" said Baekhyun. Chanyeol stared at him fiercely.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what's going on." said Chanyeol. "I deserve to know."

Baekhyun scoffed. "And why is that?"

"Because I care about you! I care about you so much Baekhyunnie! That's why!" shouted Chanyeol.

Baekhyun was speechless. His eyes widened in surprise, his mouth agape. "What...?" he muttered.

"I like you. I care about you. I want to know what's going on with you. But you wouldn't tell me, and it hurts me, because obviously you don't care about me!" shouted Chanyeol. He was getting rather emotional, and tears were forming at the corner of his eyes.

"You like me?" Baekhyun said under his breath. Chanyeol looked away.

"It's why I took you in in the first place." said Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun felt his heart clench at the sight of the heartbroken Chanyeol. Chanyeol cared for him, and he had always taken it for granted. He never realized how much the other had done for him.

"I...I...care about you too." said Baekhyun. Not realizing what he just said, he clamped his hand over his mouth.

"You do?" said Chanyeol, looking up expectantly. Baekhyun blinked a couple times before locking eyes with Chanyeol. He felt something rush inside of him, and it was burning. 

"I do." replied Baekhyun. Chanyeol grinned slowly and hugged Baekhyun, twirling him in circles. It wasn't until today that Baekhyun found out his true feelings towards Chanyeol. Maybe because Chanyeol had done so much for him...

"Ok ok, put me down, I'm getting dizzy." said Baekhyun, thought he was smiling happily too. The two walked hand in hand back to the pack.

...

A/N: so it took me a long time to update...sorry about that. But Baekyeol is together now:) and it's not the ending yet! So read on:)