Chapter 22

The Wolf and the Beauty

Laying very still at the bottom of the hole, the wounded creature looked up at the circle of the world that is still visible to him. He can still feel the blood rushing out from the gash he got when he fell into the hole. Panting slightly, he tried to speak.

"Help..." he whimpered. But no one came near. This was it, he thought, this is the end.

Closing his eyes as he started crying, he let the pain take over his body and fell into a coma.

-

"Do you think he'll wake up?" 

The little creature heard distant whispers and slowly opened his eyes. Two men were standing a few feet away from him, discussing something seriously. He squinted at the sight and groaned as he felt something rub against his wound. He closed his eyes once more, with the view of the two men turning around to look at him. 

-

"I'm not sure this is a good idea."

A voice rang through the little creature's ears. His eyes shot open at once, staring straight at the man looking down at him. The man was shocked by the sudden movement and jumped back a little. 

"Lay, look!" the man said, pointing at him.

The little creature stared intensely at the man who pointed at him, and let out a small whimper. 

"You're safe now. No one will hurt you." the man assured him. He nodded but won't take his gaze of off him.

The other man put his fingers on the little creature's wrist, checking his pulse. "Good call, Baekhyun. You were right." said Lay.

So his name is Baekhyun, the little creature thought.

"It's ok, you don't have to say anything." said Baekhyun, smiling at him gently. But the little creature started crying, and grabbed Baekhyun's hand.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here." said Baekhyun. "Get some sleep now." 

The little creature nodded, and fell asleep again.

-

"But it's almost the 216th moon. You need to practice, and Luhan's not really happy with you being here."

"Channie, please. The boy needs me." 

"Why do you care for him so much? He's just a random person you saved in the woods!" 

"That's exactly why I care! I'm responsible for him!" 

The little creature cracked open one eye and saw Baekhyun arguing with another man. Baekhyun looked angry, but the man looked even more pissed off.

"What about yourself? You do realize you'll have to wait another whole year if you miss this one, right?" said the other man.

"It doesn't matter to me. Chanyeol, please...this is the first time I've ever felt like I'm doing something." Baekhyun pleaded.

Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, then looking into Baekhyun's eyes, with a look that the little creature thought had something so powerful he felt intimidated. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"If that's what you want then." whispered Chanyeol. "Just...I need you too sometimes." The last sentence was spoken so softly the little creature could barely hear him. 

Baekhyun chuckled. "I need you too." he whispered back. "He's doing better now, so it won't take me long." 

Chanyeol smiled and let go of Baekhyun, ruffling his hair. "That's great." 

No, the little creature thought, I need Baekhyun too. 

-

The little creature stood up and walked around the cave that he's in. Baekhyun looked at him affectionately, smiling as younger chased his own tail. The younger has not muttered a single word since his whimper last time, but Baekhyun could understand him perfectly: there was something about the creature that made Baekhyun feel connected. The younger looked at Baekhyun with curious eyes and cocked his head to the left. Baekhyun laughed.

“What's wrong?” he asked.

The creature opened his mouth and tried to say something but to no avail. Instead he ended up coughing and much to Baekhyun’s horror, blood splattered everywhere. Without a second thought , he called for Lay’s aid. Lay came hurriedly and examined the young creature.

“Oh, no. How did this even happen?” the healer said with great shock.

“What?” Baekhyun asked worriedly.

Lay asked his apprentice to fetch some water and medicine and led Baekhyun outside. The creature stared at their silhouette and tried to listen to what they were saying.

“......to him, they must have wanted him dead.” said Lay.

“He's only a boy!” Baekhyun breathed.

“......what it is, but……silent…...no word gets out.” Lay was keeping his voice very low, and the creature was trying very hard to listen to what they were saying. Judging from the look on Baekhyun's face, it was not something good.

"...care of him." Baekhyun said quietly. He walked back to the creature who has taken the medicine that was brought to him, and spoke softly at the younger. 

"You'll be alright. I promise." 

-

The young creature has recovered greatly and can now play around with other pups, but he was still mute, and each time he tried to speak it would be excruciating. Still, Lay has treated him with a special kind of medicine and he feels less pain than before. Also, being sick means that Baekhyun will still take care of him, and the younger has grown quite attached to the werewolf. 

"Come here, you." Baekhyun cooed. "Have you taken your medicine today?" 

The young boy shook his head and reluctantly walk towards the container with the medicine inside. The medicine tasted gruesome, and he would always try to find a way to get away with it.

"No, no, no we'be been through this before, I'm not gonna say it twice." said Baekhyun. "Remember what I told you: no bedtime stories until you take the medicine."

The creature whined and rolled on the ground, making a huge fuss. He looked at Baekhyun with his adorable brown eyes and tried to aegyoed his way of taking the medicine. But Baekhyun was persistent, as always, and the boy eventually drank the liquid.

It was really disgusting.

Baekhyun looked knowingly at the younger as he swallowed the red liquid. He felt a pang in his heart each time the boy squirmed while drinking the liquid. He knew how it felt, having that disgusting taste linger inside his mouth. He hadn't wanted the little creature to go through this though, but considering the fact that he was incredibly sick and this was the only way to save him, he had to put up with it. It seems that the medicine has already showed some effect on the little creature, and before long he would be completely healed. And best of all, he would have the ability to heal himself in the future. It's for the best, Baekhyun tells himself, it's for the best.

The boy swallowed the liquid and made a disgusted face, sticking his tongue out and shaking his head as he gagged. Baekhyun gave him some water and patted his back.

“Alright now, you can listen to your bedtime story.” said Baekhyun, as he led the boy to his spot and laid him down. Suddenly the boy grabbed both of Baekhyun’s hands and looked at him frantically, his eyes wide open. Baekhyun was a bit taken aback but he calmed the other down and spoke softly.

“I'm here, I'm here…” he whispered. The other started crying, and Baekhyun helped him sit up and held him in his arms. "It's ok now..."

And then something miraculous happened.

"It's Taehyung." the little creature said. 

-

a/n: 

hi there:) I suppose I have lost some of my readers while I was gone :( but I'll be updating more frequently now:) surprised by Taehyung's appearance? Comment below thanks:) I love reading your comments:)