Chapter 18-Bonus Chapter

The Wolf and the Beauty

 

Bang!

The rabbit was dead. 

Kris smiled as he approached the animal he had just shot down. He loves hunting season; it's a time when he can take out the rifle he loves so much. 

He heard a rustle in the bushes nearby. Turning around swiftly, he lifted his rifle and tried to aim for the animal that was making this sound. He focused on the bush, and saw something come out of it. 

It was a wolf. 

He frowned annoyingly. He didn't kill wolves; they weren't food. So he lowered his gun and went to find other preys. But what he didn't know was, the wolf slowly crept up behind him....

Kris turned around alertly. He was sure he heard something, or to b specific, someone came near him. But nothing was there, and he started to get anxious. He lifted his gun once more and stayed in close attention to his surroundings. 

"Hi there." 

Kris jumped startedly, dropping his rifle. He turned his head in the direction where the voice came from. A man was standing there, top bare, and a graceful smile on his face. 

"Who are you?" demanded Kris. It was abnormal to appear in the woods only in shorts, and no weapon at all, considering the amount of animals that lived here. 

"My name is Suho. And you?" the man replied, still smiling. Kris slowly let down his guard.

"Kris." he said. Suho chuckled(rather charismatically, Kris noted). 

"What are you doing here?" asked Suho. 

"Hunting." 

Suho widened his eyes. "How? With that thing?" Suho pointed to the rifle laying on the ground.

"Um, yeah." Kris found himself staring at the man in front him, and the innocence he presented.

"Cool! We don't have that back where I came from." exclaimed Suho, grinning like a child. 

"Where do you come from?" asked Kris, while examining the man's angelic face.

Suho grinned mischievously. "I can show you."

Kris froze. Something in his guts told him that a bad thing is about to happen.

"You wanna come?" 

Suho stared into Kris's eyes, and Kris found himself saying "yes" before he realized that Suho's eyes were red, and that everything went black.

...

He woke up feeling like he just had a hangover(though he was underage, his father still lets him drink). He rubbed his head turned to look at his alarm clock, wondering why it didn't go off. When he opened his eyes, he understood why.

There was no alarm clock. Also, there wasn't a bed, which means he was sleeping on the ground. He sprang up, looking around frantically. He couldn't quite make out what he was in: it was dark, and cold. He didn't have his rifle with him. Beads of sweat formed around his forehead, trickling down his face. 

"Hey." 

Kris turned around slowly. He recognized this voice, but he forgot who it belonged to. When he came face to face with the familiar man he had saw yesterday, he let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey....." he muttered. "Suho, right?" 

Suho smiled. "Yeah. How was your sleep? You seemed a little troubled." 

"I'm fine."  

A awkward silence filled the air.

"So where am I?" asked Kris. 

"Well, this is where I live." replied Suho.

Ks was dumbfounded. "Here? In this...?"

Suho chuckled. "Well, technically, yes. But there's more to it. Come on, I'll show you around." he gestured for Kris to follow him.

They exited the place and was met with the blinding light. Kris was shocked when he was met with the sight in front him.

Wolves.

He frowned, feeling uneasy. He looked over to Suho, who was looking quite comfortable. 

"Ok, I think I've seen enough." he said. 

Suho turned around and stared right at him, pouting cutely. "Why? This is just the beginning!" 

But Kris had a bad feeling about this. Really bad feeling. 

"Hey Suho!" a slender wolf ran up to Suho, transforming into human when he reached him. 

"Hey, Lay, look what I found yesterday." he whispered. He pointed to Kris, who is trying to figure out an escape.

"He doesn't smell like us." noted Lay.

Suho rolled his eyes. "Of course not, he's a human." 

Lay widened his eyes. "How did you let him in without Leeteuk noticing?" 

"Let's just say I'm a awesome." boasted Suho. He smiled smugly and turned around. Kris was gone.

Suho panicked. "Where did he go?" 

Well, someone answered that question for him. Leeteuk, their alpha, was standing at the entrance, grabbing onto Kris's collar. "Who. Did. This?" he demanded. 

Suho could see that Kris was trembling. Even though he looks strong, he was no match for Leeteuk. Suho weakly raised his hand.

Oh, he'll never forget how the leader looked at him.

Leeteuk threw Kris onto the ground. Suho winced at the sight of Kris groaning in pain. I am so dead, thought Suho.

"You leave me with no choice Suho. He must become one of us." announced Leeteuk.

Suho widened his eyes. "B-b-but he-he's human!"

Leeteuk sighed. "I don't want to do this either. But since he've seen us, we can't trust him to go back without telling others about this place."

Leeteuk turned around and called out a slender wolf. "Eunhyuk?" 

Eunhyuk, the executor. Suho had heard some stories about him and they were not good. Eunhyuk's slim figure made him look like he hasn't eaten for days, which added the scariness. His eyes were hollow but the moment he stepped up to Kris, they became shining with gluttony for food.

"Don't make it too hard for him." ordered Leeteuk.

Eunhyuk scoffed. "With all due respect, sir, it's always hard." he rasped.

Suho shut his eyes in order to block out the scene in front of him, but he could still hear the loud screaming voice of Kris as Eunhyuk transformed him.

...

Kris didn't remember anything. He didn't remember what his life was like before, before he came to the wolf pack. The only thing he remembered was pain. Searing pain that shot through him, making him twist around in agony and scream loudly. Then it's was black. Just pure black, nothing else. 

The first person that he saw when he escaped from the darkness was Suho. He didn't remember him either. Suho showed him around, telling him what to do and how to do it. He started training with Suho and other young wolves. He is very talented, and he learn things very quickly, and has the ability to perfect every skill he learned. 

He hid his remaining memory in the very back of his mind. He tried not to think about the pain. But perhaps fate is cruel like that. Just when he had almost forgotten about the pain, someone is there to remind him again.

A human, Baekhyun.

...

There are nights that Kris couldn't sleep well. He sees Baekhyun being transformed in such a harmless—no, painless way, he felt...jealous? Unfairness? But he couldn't understand why. Kris knows that he wasn't born a wolf, so he must've been transformed before. But how? And why does Baekhyun's painless way make him upset? Was he harmed when he was transformed?

He sometimes dreams about the darkness. The emptiness the hollowness, all too familiar but yet so far away. And sometimes he'd wake up in gasping from the pain he felt. He doesn't understand why he felt so much pain, but the pain was so familiar....

To be continued...

...

A/N: ummm....a short update! Hope you still like my fanfic:)) 

Thanks for upvoting : baekyeology!