Chapter 4

The Wolf and the Beauty

They came to a stop in front of a rather tiny-looking cave. It wasn't very deep, and Baekhyun could see a wolf lying inside, still fast asleep. Chanyeol led him inside the cave.

"Hey, wake up, Sehun-ah!" said Chanyeol, kicking the wolf on the ground.

Sehun turned to face the other side, ignoring Chanyeol. Chanyeol sighed and tried to wake him again.

"Sehun, wake up or I'll-—" started Chanyeol.

"Tell Kris. Yeah, I'm so scared." mumbled Sehun sarcastically. Chanyeol rolled his eyes impatiently.

"No, I'll tell Luhan you won't be able to make it to today's training session." retorted Chanyeol.

Sehun'e eyes popped open, and he sprang up from his spot. The wolf saw Baekhyun and cocked his head.

"What the..." he muttered. He slowly changed into human form, and Baekhyun realized he was much slower in transformation than the others.

"Sehun, this is Baekhyun, he'll be your roommate from now on." announced Chanyeol. Sehun wrinkled his nose and humphed. 

"I already have a roommate." he said, obviously not happy about the new company. 

"Yeah, and he never stays here." joked Chanyeol. Sehun managed to choke a laugh. 

"Fine, you'll take Tao's old spot." Sehun pointed to an empty spot in the other side of the cave. It was clean, and it looked untouched. Baekhyun walked over there slowly, examining his new room. A part of him told him that he could really just sneak out of here and go back to his normal life; but another told him to give this a shot.

"So, I'll have to sleep here?" he asked. Sehun nodded. Then he went over slowly towards Baekhyun, sniffing him carefully. 

"You're not a wolf, are you?" he questioned. Baekhyun nodded in response.

"Oh, I see where this is going..." he muttered. "Doing things the Kris-way." 

"What are you talking about?" he asked. Chanyeol clamped his hand over Sehun's mouth, ordering him to shut up.

"Nothing, just some stupid words that kids his age shouldn't be saying." said Chanyeol, smiling nervously. Sehun rolled his eyes and pried Chanyeol's hand off.

"Please, I'm not that much younger than you, stop pretending you're so much better than me." said Sehun. "Well, I'm gonna be late for practice. See you later, uh, Baekhyun." said Sehun, and he hopped out of the cave.

"What was he saying?" asked Baekhyun, cocking an eyebrow. Chanyeol scratched his head and pretended he didn't hear anything.

"Chanyeol?" pushed Baekhyun. Chanyeol turned and look at him, with his stare serious as ever.

"I can't tell you yet, but you'll know it eventually." he said, and Baekhyun decided to stop asking. 

"Let's go to Lay's cave first, he's the healer in our pack, and if you're gonna turn into a wolf, we have to go through him first." said Chanyeol.

"Why?" asked Baekhyun.

"Because, if you don't want to do it the hard way, taking medicines is the only way to become a wolf." 

...

They reached Lay's cave. Even though it was very dark inside, Baekhyun could already see dozen kinds of leaves stacked up against the side, and a strong herbal scent flowed around him. They walked inside, and Baekhyun saw a man bending over a stack of fresh leaves, murmuring to himself. He's the only one that appeared in human form when Baekhyun first saw him.

"Hey, Lay." greeted Chanyeol. Lay turned around, eyeing the two of them,

"Yes, Chanyeol?" 

"This is Baekhyun, he is, uh, our new member." stammered Chanyeol. Lay furrowed his eyebrows, sniffing around Baekhyun.

"Did Kris send you?" asked Lay. 

"Uh,...sort of..." squeaked Chanyeol. Lay walked over to Baekhyun, and eyed him from head to toe. Baekhyun felt like taking a health exam, where the doctor would look at you from head to toe, touching here and there, and asking questions that you probably weren't aware of. Lay checked Baekhyun's eyes, mouth, ears, arms, legs, back...., which made Baekhyun squirm each time Lay touched him. Chanyeol gave him a reassuring smile, and Baekhyun stayed put until the exam was over.

"Ok, you're in perfectly good shape, except for being a bit short, there's nothing physically wrong with your body." said Lay, then he went to the very back of his cave and came back with what seems like a nutshell filled with red liquid. "Drink this once a day, and you'll be done within a month."

Baekhyun stared at the red liquid. It smells terrible, and made him gag. If he drinks this, he'll be "done" in a month. No doubt that word meant full transformation from human to wolf. He took the liquid and lifted it to his mouth, taking a deep breath before swallowing it down.

He choked on the saltiness and the bitterness of the liquid, and he spit some of it out. "What the hell is that?!" he screamed.

Lay chuckled. "You don't want to know, my friend." 

Chanyeol went over and patted him on the back. "You ok?" he asked, eyes full of concern.

Baekhyun coughed a bit more. "Yeah, I fine." he replied. "I just need some water right now."

As they leave, Lay yelled behind them: "Don't forget to come tomorrow for more!" 

...

Chanyeol walked Baekhyun to the river, where Baekhyun rinsed his mouth clean of the taste. "What exactly did he give me?" he asked.

Chanyeol shook his head. "I don't really know, but I heard it's some kind of blood or something." he replied.

Blood. Baekhyun just drank blood. Great. So far, nothing has been normal since he arrived at the pack. There are two wolves who seem to be troublemakers; an alpha who's got a scary temper; a "secretary" too involved with the alpha; a roommate who doesn't like him at all; and a healer that gave him blood to drink. Even Chanyeol seemed weird when he first woke up in his cave. 

"Look, if you're not comfortable with all this, I'll find a way to sneak you out of here." offers Chanyeol. Baekhyun widened his eyes at Chanyeol. 

"But won't you—" he asked.

"I'll be fine. The worst that can happen is that I'll be a trainee forever, and I can't go hunting with the pack. But I'm cool with that." Chanyeol smiled, which only made Baekhyun feel guilty.

"No, you're not sneaking me out of here." said Baekhyun. He placed one hand on Chanyeol's shoulder and looked at him in the eyes.  "I'm not going to ruin your life." 

"But I ruined yours..." mumbled Chanyeol, looking sheepishly at his feet. Baekhyun stepped closer and looked up at Chanyeol's eyes(because he's shorter= =).

"You didn't." said Baekhyun, half lying and half telling the truth. "Maybe I'll like this life." 

Chanyeol stared back at him, his big eyes full of surprise. "Really?" the happy virus grinned.

Maybe, thought Baekhyun, with you around....

...

A/N: so here's the new update:)) a bit more Baekyeol in every chapter^^