Chapter 19-Bonus Chapter

The Wolf and the Beauty

Kris stayed wide awake at night. He didn't want to risk having to fall into the darkness pit once again, seeing nothing, hearing nothing, feeling nothing. Tao was sound asleep by his side, snoring softly. Kris smiled at the sight of the young boy. Tao was the one thing that could keep him from thinking about the darkness. 

He got up from his spot and exited his cave. The moon was hung up high in the sky, and everyone was asleep. Kris thought back on the memories he had, the ones he remembered, like hunting with Suho, playing around with Ryeowook(rest in peace), making fun of the younger wolves, training Luhan and Chen....

Something was wrong. He couldn't place his finger on it but something was wrong. It was almost as if some part of his past was missing, gone...

Taken.

He sighed in despair. Every night he would come to this conclusion, that a part of his past was taken. By whom? And how? So many times he had wanted to talk to Suho about it, or the elders, but he was afraid that he wouldn't hear what he wanted. What if the past that was taken from him was something he didn't want to remember? Then the person who took it away did him a huge favor right?

But what if it was something he want to remember?

...

Baekhyun has awoken from his coma and everyone is relieved. Especially Chanyeol, who acts like Baekhyun's mother and take care of him like a baby. 

Kris hesitated on visiting him. He has this weird feeling in this stomach that prevents him from going forth to Baekhyun and congratulate him on recovering. He's.........scared.

"Kris." 

Kris turned around towards the sound. Tao was standing at the entrance of his cave with a worried look on his face.

"Are you ok?" he asked. 

Kris sighed and nodded. "I'm fine." 

Tao took a few steps forward. "Don't lie."

"I'm not lying." replied Kris, his tone stiff.

Tao raised an eyebrow.

"Are you questioning me?" shot Kris.

Tao pouted and sighed. "No, sir." he said sarcastically, and walked away.

...

As announced by Lay, Baekhyun has fully transformed into a wolf. The wound on his stomach has closed, and the trainees all call it "The Scar of Bravery" due to his heroic fight with the YG clan. Baekhyun turned from an  outsider to a hero. Young wolves started to admire him, making him their idol.

And Kris wasn't jealous. Not. At all.

...

Suho was standing outside the nursery, watching peaceful sleeping young puppies. He smiled at the angelic scene. Peace, serenity...

"Ahem!" 

Suho turned around toward the sound. Kris was standing there, with a serious look on his face. 

"Can we talk?" asked Kris.

"Sure." replied Suho. He reluctantly left the nursery and followed Kris. 

They walked out of the pack's clearing and entered the wods.not one of them speaking. Suho was beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable until Kris broke the silence.

"Tell me about how I got here."

Suho stopped dead in his tracks. He has never thought that Kris would actually bring up this topic. It was forbidden, and Leeteuk had specifically ordered them to never speak of it before he died. It was for the best, Leeteuk had said.

"I don't know." lied Suho.

Kris scoffed. Suho felt a bead of sweat trickle down his forehead.

"You know, Suho, after all these years, I thought your lying skills might have improved." said Kris sarcastically.

He turned around sharply and stared straight into Suho's eyes.  

"Tell me about how I got here." he repeated his question.

Suho bit his lips and frowned. He deliberated whether to tell or not to tell. Kris was his best friend, but he had promised Leeteuk that he will take the secret to his grave. The only remaining wolves who knew the truth were him and Lay, and they don't want to fail their former leader.

Suho sighed. "You were different."

Kris looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to proceed. 

Suho closed his eyes and scrunched his eyebrows together. "I'm sorry Kris, that's all I can tell you." 

Kris buried his face in his hands and crouched down in defeat. Frustration took over him, making him angry and confused. 

"I'm gonna ask you one last time, Suho. Tell me how I got here." said Kris, his teeth gritted.

Suho sensed the fury in his tone and backed up. His body was shaking, afraid that Kris would explode any minute. 

"Do you like being a wolf, Kris?" Asked Suho.

Kris pilfered for a while. "I don't know......what does that have to do with anything?"

Suho heaved a huge sigh before speaking again.   

"All you need to know is that I'm truly sorry, Kris." said Suho, then he looked up at him, eyes apologetic.

"Sorry." he repeated, then trotted out of the woods.

...

A/N: the long awaited chapter 19... Sorry guys for taking so long :(( 

Check out my other story starring EXO OTPs if you don't like waiting~~ that one is updated more often. And it's a comedy:)

Eyeliner and Baritone