Chapter 6

The Wolf and the Beauty

Baekhyun woke up when he felt the sunlight shine on his eyelids. He opened his eyes slowly and saw Sehun standing over him in wolf form, with a very annoyed look on his face.

"And I thought I was a sleepyhead." stated Sehun. He kicked Baekhyun and trotted out of the cave. "You better get up now or you'll be late for training!" he shouted on his way out.

Baekhyun groaned and turned to the side. He felt something under his legs and got up and tried to swat it away. But when he saw saw what the thing was, he screamed.

"Ahhhh!" he took a closer look at the thing.....furry. And it grew right out of him.

He has a tail.

Chanyeol heard the scream and rushed into his cave. "What's wrong?" he asked, eyes full of concern. Then he saw the tail.

"Looks like the medicine is working." he said amusedly. 

"Wasn't this supposed to show only in my wolf form?" asked Baekhyun, still unable to believe that he has a tail.

"Well, I suppose you're in your wolf form now, but you haven't fully transformed so..." explained Chanyeol.

"So how do I change back?" he asked. 

"Just calm yourself down, and think about the features of a human. It gets easier once you have more practice." 

Baekhyun thought about himself as a human, but nothing seemed to happen at first. Then slowly he felt his tail growing shorter an eventually disappear. 

"Thanks for the save, Yeollie." said Baekhyun, smiling. Chanyeol widened his eyes at the pet name.

"Yeol...lie?" he muttered to himself, smiling and hiding his blushing face. The two left for training.

...

"That's great work guys, lesson ends here today." announced Luhan. The trainees all separated into groups and started their daily gossip, whilst only Sehun kept clinging onto Luhan. 

"So, Baekhyun, how is going with the medicine?" asked Kyungsoo.

"I grew a tail last night." he said. The others cheered for him, but Baekhyun didn't feel the joy they were having. He didn't want a tail. It was weird.

"But forget about my tail, tell me more about the stories here." he pleaded Kyungsoo, trying to change the subject.

"What do you want to know?" asked Kyungsoo.

"Anything's fine." 

Kyungsoo thought about it for a while, then his eyes widened and he had a mischievious grin on his face. Baekhyun knew this story ought to be good.

"So you know Tao, right?" he started slyly. Baekhyun nodded. The other wolves all nodded knowingly, smiling slyly like Kyungsoo.

"And his unusual relationship with Kris?" said Kyungsoo. 

"I know they're together or something, but no details on it yet." replied Baekhyun.

"Well, it started when Tao was around the training age. I think it was my second year of training. He and Kai and Sehun just started the lives as a trainee. Tao was a fast learner, and he excelled in everything. One day, when Kris came back from the alpha meeting, announced that one of the members in the female wolf pack is dead. The wolf was Tao's birth mom. Tao was depressed for days, and no one could talk him out of that gloominess. Kris couldn't stand that seeing others sad, you know, the whole thing with Suho was depressing enough, but a young wolf with great potential that hasn't fulfilled his duties staying gloom like his life is ending, Kris had to do something about it. So one night, he called Tao to his cave, and they talked the whole night. The next day, they were nowhere to be seen and the pack started panicking, so we started looking everywhere. We didn't dare go inside the alpha's cave because you cannot go in without permission. But at last, Suho broke the rules and went in to find Kris. Much to his surprise, Tao was asleep soundly on Kris's lap, like a baby next to his mother, and Kris was Tao's hair affectionately. Since then, Kris had taken in Tao as his own trainee, and Tao's never returned to his own cave. Every day, he would be lying outside Kris's cave, playing the role of a 'secretary', and at they would train after we finished our training, and at night...well who knows what happens at night?" said Kyungsoo, ending the story with a very playful smile. 

Baekhyun and the others tried to stifle their laughs, but failed. They laughed hysterically and couldn't stand the cheesiness of the story. Suddenly, Sehun appeared out of nowhere and stated a comment.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with that." he said. The whole pack turned to look at him. 

"Excuse me, did you just talked? To us?" joked Kyungsoo. The others smirked. 

"Yeah, I don't think you should be making fun of what Tao and Kris have, I think it's beautiful." said Sehun. Baekhyun stared at Sehun. Was this the Sehun that barely talks to anyone of them and pretends he doesn't give a damn about the rest of the pack?

"Well, of course you stay that, Sehunnie, you and Luhan..." said Kyungsoo, lowering his voice at the end, smirking. The others snickered, and Sehun's face turned expressionless before he lunged for Kyungsoo.

"Hey! Sehu—" yelped Kyungsoo. The others stared in complete horror as the maknae attacked Kyungsoo. The two emerged in a full battle. It was complete chaos, and no one knew how to stop them. Kai tried to pry the two apart but only got himself hurt ; Xiumin and Chanyeol pulled the two apart but Sehun and Kyungsoo just lunged for each other once more. 

Suddenly, Luhan ran over and stopped the fight. "What is going on here?!" he demanded. 

Kyungsoo scoffed at the appearance of Luhan. "Well, Sehun just knows how to use his resources..." mocked Kyungsoo.

Sehun was about to jump onto Kyungsoo when Luhan held him down. "You two will be excused from training tomorrow, and get lesson from Kris about 'respect'." said Luhan angrily. "As for the rest of you, tomorrow you'll be helping Lay organizing the medicine." then he left. The crowd groaned at the punishment. Helping Lay means very boring work, and there will be no time to sprint through the forest and have fun. The trainees started to head back.

"I hope you know this is all Sehun's fault, guys." said Kyungsoo. Surprisingly, Sehun stayed put and ignored Kyungsoo. Baekhyun watched Sehun glaring at the doe-eyed wolf, and slowly letting his tears drop when the crowd was out of sight. Baekhyun felt his up heart tightens. He had thought wrong about Sehun. Maybe Sehun is more alike with him than he knows...

...

(a few days later...)

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun gulped down the medicine, and choking on the taste. It made Chanyeol worried every time Baekhyun take the medicine, Because Baekhyun would feel so nauseous and sometimes throw up. The medicine worked very well, and Baekhyun is half-way there already. He has a tail, fangs, and a wolf body. Just a few days more he could fully transform and become one of  them.

Another thing that worried Chanyeol is that even though Baekhyun seemed happy when he is with the pack, he still has times when he cries secretly at night about his family. Chanyeol always comforts him at times like that. They would walk along the rivers sometimes and Baekhyun would tell Chanyeol about his life as a human before.

"I was the lead singer in a band with my friends before." said Baekhyun.

"What's a band?" asked Chanyeol.

"You know, people play different instruments, and we play music together."

"Oh."

"I wrote a song once, about leaving home and finding my own future. I was mad at my parents at that time because they told me to quit playing music. The lyrics were about me being free of their watch and their expectations and just do what I want.the ironic part is that I did get free of their watch, but I didn't get to do what I want." 

Baekhyun stared straight ahead, trying to keep his tears from falling. Chanyeol put one arm around Baekhyun pulled him closer. "Don't be sad, Baekkie.... Maybe you'll like this life, right?" comforted Chanyeol

Baekhyun kept quiet and said nothing, making Chanyeol feel guiltier than ever. 

...

A/n: sorry this one took so long>< anyways I hope you still like my story even though I seem to procrastinate a lot...=^=