Chapter 11

The Wolf and the Beauty

Baekhyun tossed and turned in his sleep. He couldn't sleep because he was so nervous, nervous about the war. He had just become one of them, and now he has to face the ugly truth of wild animals. 

But he felt something wrong. Something was wrong with his body. He didn't feel like a wolf yet, he still feels human. And he doesn't know why.

...

The next morning, Sehun woke him up(*cough* kick him *cough*) and left their cave. Baekhyun felt discouraged by the fact that Sehun had not said one thing to him after their little talk yesterday. Maybe Chanyeol was right, it was pointless to try to figure out what's wrong with Sehun.

Baekhyun woke up in wolf form. He still hated this form, but he's used to it now. He hates it mostly because of the tail, it was extremely uncomfortable and disturbing. But everyone else said it wasn't(according to Kyungsoo, his tail is his pride because it has a scar he got when he was in a fight with a wolf from another pack, and he had won, though no one believes him).

Chanyeol was already waiting for him, with a big grin on his face. Baekhyun's heart immediately lighted up, and they walked to the lessons together.

Again, today was another tiring day. Today, they practiced battling with each other. Baekhyun took down Kyungsoo easily(who is now muttering words incoherently), Xiumin took  a while, Kai was impossible to defeat(he was too fast), and Chanyeol pretty much let him win. 

He had a long fight with Sehun. Sehun's moves were almost impossible to guess. He always kept a straight face, no matter what. And Baekhyun was a bit hesitant in attacking because he wanted to make sure there were no hard feelings between them. But in the end, by the pressure of the crowd(Chanyeol)  who cheered him on, he took down Sehun.

"Thanks for not letting me win." muttered Sehun. Baekhyun raised in eyebrows in surprise. "Oh, you're welcome."

Kyungsoo humphed, saying things like "Baekhyun won because he was a human before", or "My ankle was a bit twisted" and no one listened except for Kai. However, when he caught that little conversation Baekhyun had with Sehun, he had to spread the gossip.

"Oh, so you're Sehun's new lover now, Baekhyun?" he teased. Baekhyun frowned.

"What?" he asked.

"Oh, well he talked to you right? So I take it you guys—" Kyungsoo started, but was cut off by Chanyeol who lunged forward.

"Do not even think about going there, Kyungsoo." he growled, eyes turning red. Kyungsoo nodded in fear.

"Let's get out of here, Baekhyun." mumbled Chanyeol. He took Baekhyun's hand and left.

"Thanks, Channie." he whispered, leaning close to Chanyeol. Chanyeol said nothing and held him close.

...

After having dinner, he went take a rest in his cave. Sehun was already there sleeping, back facing him. Baekhyun sighed and went to his spot.

"Though I know you're asleep, I think I should a least tell you that being all by yourself isn't going to do you good. I know you have Luhan but I see the way the others treat you when he's not around: they think you're a freak. Especially Kyungsoo. And if you want to stop being treated like that, you better open yourself up to others. I'm not saying that you should talk to me though I would prefer it, but at least step out of your comfort zone and try to tell people how you feel. You'll feel so much better." said Baekhyun. He was going to lie down and sleep but then Sehun turned around all of a sudden, his eyes were open.

"You don't know what's it like for me." he said. 

"Explain then." said Baekhyun, motioning him to go on.

"I didn't have a family like the others. Most of the people know who their parents were, but I didn't. I was actually scolded by one of the elders when I called Kai's mom my mom, because she helped raise me. My dad died before I even knew him. And when I was younger, I'd at least talk to Kai but then i stopped because he didn't really listen. After that, I didn't really trust anyone." said Sehun.

"You only talked to Kai?" asked Baekhyun.

"We were close. I don't like to talk to people who only gives me pity." answered Sehun. 

"What about Luhan?" 

"He's different. In some ways, when I first met him, I thought he was like me. He didn't see to have a direction when he first became a trainer, and the others would mock him. He's the only one I've talked to since staying silent for 5 years." 

Baekhyun smiled. "How does that feel? When you got it all out?" asked Baekhyun.

Sehun was quiet for a moment. 

"Not bad." was all he said. Then he turned back to face the walls again. Baekhyun slept too, with a grin on his face.

...

The next day, Kris had everyone help evacuate the elders, the babies, and the mothers. He appointed Baekhyun to lead them to the camping site.

"M-Me?!" stuttered Baekhyun. "Why?"

"You know more about the human territories than we do. Now go." ordered Kris. Baekhyun gulped before walking to the head of the pack. 

"Um, follow me." he instructed. Then turned around awkwardly and led them into the woods. Chanyeol trotted up to him walked beside him.

"Are you nervous?" he asked. Baekhyun looked at him in confusion.

"Why would I be nervous?" 

"Because the last time you went there, you cried, remember?" 

Baekhyun looked down at his feet. "Yeah, I guess I'm a bit nervous..."

They stayed quiet until they reached  the camp and settled everyone down. The trainees help build a shelter for the elders and temporary nursery for the mothers. Lay had his apprentice stay behind to help look after them. 

"Everyone must be careful. We will have two trainees and one trainer here to guard you, don't worry. If anything happens, they will help you." said Kris. 

Everyone nodded. Then the other wolves returned to their clan. When they got to the clearing, they saw a wolf that was not from their clan standing there.

"Sunggyu, what are you doing here?" asked Kris. Sunggyu is the Alpha of the Woollim clan.

"It has begun. The YG clan has started their attack." replied Sunggyu.

...

A/N: WAR!! Finally it has begun!! By the way, do any of you read "Warriors"? It's a a series about wild cats living together and forming a tribe or something. Anyways, I feel Ike my writing is a bit like that =^=