Chapter 3

The Wolf and the Beauty

Baekhyun was talking to Chanyeol when two wolves entered Chanyeol's cave.

"Cool! So he's the pet?" asked Xiumin. 

"Who are they?" asked Baekhyun, a bit scared by the uninvited guests.

"Change back to your human form, please." said Chanyeol annoyingly. Xiumin and Kyungsoo Changed back into human form, and Baekhyun was surprised that these two wolves did not look scary at all. In fact, they look quite...cute.

"I'm Kyungsoo." said the doe-eyed one, his big eyes staring straight through Baekhyun.

"I'm Xiumin, also goes by Baozi." said the puffy-cheeked one, smiling adorably.

"You're in big trouble, Chanyeol." said Kyungsoo, crossing his arms,

"What did I do?" asked Chanyeol.

"Him." said Xiumin, pointing to Baekhyun. "Kris found out."

Chanyeol slapped his hand against his forehead. "Which moron...."

"Xiumin." said Kyungoo immediately, and got a kick from Xiumin.

"Well, Kyungsoo told me, and Kris told me to tell him." retorted Xiumin, glaring at the doe-eyed boy.

"Anyway, he wants to see you and your, uh, pet." said Kyungsoo. 

Baekhyun gulped. Pet? What exactly did he do to deserve this kind of treatment? Pet? He's a pet? He tugged Chanyeol's hand. "What's going on here?" he asked.

"Our alpha wants to see you." said Chanyeol, looking apologetically at him.

...

The two arrived in front of Kris's cave where one wolf was lying in front of them.

"Tao, can we see the alpha?" asked Chanyeol.

The sleek wolf climbed up from his current spot and changed into human form. He had dark eye bags, and looked very intimidating. He had a strange aura that chilled Baekhyun to the bones, and the way he stares is just creepy. 

"Who's that?" asked Tao, jerking his chin towards Baekhyun.

"Umm, my, uh, friend." said Chanyeol. Baekhyun was glad Chanyeol didn't say "pet", and actually felt warm inside.

Tao smirked. "Right." he said. "I can smell him 500 yards away."

Baekhyun bit his lips. Smell? This is officially unacceptable.

"Can we go in?" asked Chanyeol.

Tao nodded, and formed back into a wolf, lying lazily in front of the cave. Chanyeol took Baekhyun's hands and they walked inside. "Who was that?" asked Baekhyun.

"Tao, Kris's so-called 'secertary'." said Chanyeol sarcastically. "It's no secret that the two of them are much more involved than that." 

"They're together?" 

"Um-hmm." Hummed Chanyeol.

Just when Baekhyun was about to ask why the heck it was taking so long to reach the end, they have reached Kris's resting place. Kris was in his wolf form, standing firmly on his fours, and growling deeply as Baekhyun came into sight. Baekhyun couldn't see very clearly because it was really deep inside the cave, only some light was peaking through the holes on top. 

"Good morning, Kris. I have come with my...,uh..." stammered Chanyeol.

"PET." said Kris, standing up and becoming human. Baekhyun looked at this man standing in front of him. He was tall and buff, with a stare that could kill you, and a force that makes you cower. 

"You know the rules, Chanyeol..." growled Kris. "And you know I know the rules...in fact I understand this one the most." 

Chanyeol gulped. "Yes, sir." he lowered his head in shame. 

"When will it be done?" Kris asked. Baekhyun was in more confusion than ever. What the hell were they talking about? Is something going to happen to him??

"But sir, shouldn't we—" said Chanyeol.

"I do not allow exceptions, Chanyeol. I don't care if he's trustworthy or whatever, no one gets special treatment. Now, I want it done before the next full moon. Are we clear?" ordered Kris.

Chanyeol spoke in his quietest voice. "Yes, sir..." 

"Now, he'll be training with you and the other trainees. You're in charge of looking after him." said Kris.

Baekhyun wanted to scream "Could someone please tell me what the hell is going on here?!" but decide to stay quiet because Kris is all kinds of scary, and he didn't really know what he can do with Kris around.

"Where will he be staying?" asked Chanyeol.

"There's still some room in Sehun and Tao's room, he can stay with them." 

"Yeah, because Tao hardly ever sleeps there." muttered Chanyeol under his breath, but Kris caught it. He lunged forward and  pinned him to the wall, making Baekhyun jump backward by this sudden movement.

"Chanyeol, speak up if you want to say something." growled Kris. Chanyeol only nodded rapidly in fear and squeezed his eyes shut. Baekhyun watched this in horror, and he can feel his heartbeat quicken by the moment. Will he get pinned up like that?

"Now, take him to where he's staying, and make sure Sehun actually talks to him." said Kris. He let go of Chanyeol, and dismissed the both of them. When they were out, Chanyeol stuck his tongue out childishly at Tao who cocked his head at him in confusion. 

 "What did he just say?" asked Baekhyun. Chanyeol looked away from Baekhyun's wondering eyes, afraid to show his shame.

"It's my fault, I'm sorry, Baekhyun...Kris wants you to be one of....us. Which means you will start training with us, as a wolf." sad Chanyeol.

Baekhyun froze in his spot. He has to become one of them?! Hell no!! He is not going to accept this! 

"I'm going to be wolf?!" exclaimed Baekhyun. "Are you freaking kidding me? I am not going to be a wolf! I'm a human, a human who has a family and friends and a future! I'm not going to stay here and be a wild animal!" He threw his hands up in the air, frustrated. His mind was filled with thoughts of him running through the forest like a wolf, and it sickened him.

"I'm sorry...if I hadn't—" said Chanyeol.

"Yes! If you hadn't!" shouted Baekhyun. Then he realized what he just did. He turned to look at Chanyeol, who was looking as if he had been shot by a bullet, completely wounded. 

"I didn't-—I, Chanyeol,—I didn't mean it...like that." apologized Baekhyun. Chanyeol was the only person that was nice to him since he came here: when the others called him "pet", Chanyeol had called him a "friend" ; Chanyeol had apologized when he made a mistake, and all Baekhyun did was yell at him. 

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol..." he apologized. He took a step closer and looked up at the tall man standing in front of him. He wondered if Chanyeol had been in a wolf form, he wouldn't be so hurt...

"It's ok, Baekkie, I'm not angry." said Chanyeol, smiling at Baekhyun. Baekhyun almost blushed at the pet name.

"Let's go to Sehun's; he's very lonely, all by himself in that cave..." said Chanyeol.

Baekhyun, for once, actually looked forward to meet his future roommate.

...

A/N: hey there guys!! I wonder if this is long enough for you? If not please comment and I will make it longer the next time:))

so do you have any questions with the story?? Feel free to ask me~ I'll definitely answer it:))