Chapter 20

The Wolf and the Beauty

It there was one thing Baekhyun liked at all about being a wolf, it was probably strength. He used to be a skinny little guy that looks like the kind of guy you'd pick on. But now, he is masculine and strong.

And that was pretty much it. Nothing else he particularly liked. Or perhaps it was because nothing else changed much.

...

He remembered waking up in a cave. His eyes slowly fluttered open and and was met with the worried eyes of a man he remembered. But his name...what was his name? Baekhyun frowned, not happy with his crappy memory. 

"Baekhyun? Baekhyun? Can you hear me?" the man frantically asked.

His voice...it hit Baekhyun's heart harshly. He loved this voice, he loved how it would whisper cheesy words to him, how it can lighten his mood when he's sad, how it used to be the only thing he expects in the morning. He loved this voice.

The man looked down with the same worrying eyes, and he bit his lips nervously.

His face...familiarity struck Baekhyun with a huge impact. He loved this face, he loved how it made him smile when it smiled, how it would cheer him up with funny looks, how it was the only friendly face when Baekhyun was lonely. He loved this face.

Baekhyun cursed himself. How could he forget his name? 

Baekhyun tried to speak, but his throat was raspy and he ended up coughing instead. Another familiar looking man hurried to his side, pressing his fingers on his neck, checking his pulse, and asked the others to bring some water. 

"Baekhyun? Can you hear me?" the man asked. 

Baekhyun weakly nodded. A sigh of relief went thought the crowd. He turned his head slightly towards the crowd standing at the entrance of his cave. So many familiar faces...but why can't he remember any of their names?

There was a man with a stern face and stared intensely at him; another had a kind face looking at his expectantly; a man who looked friendly and easygoing....so familiar, yet it seemed so far away.

Baekhyun tried to get up, but a pain shot through him and he winced miserably. He felt his torso burning, and his head spinned around and around.

"Baekhyun, just stay still, we'll help you, don't worry." said the man who checked on him. "You'll be fine." then he turned around and spoke to the crowd. "Only Chanyeol can stay with me. The rest of you have to leave." 

Chanyeol. 

Yes, that was his name. The most beautiful name to ever exist, the most unforgettable name, the most beloved name. Chanyeol, Baekhyun repeated in his mind. Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol....

"Ch...Chan..." croaked Baekhyun. Chanyeol widened his eyes and rushed over to his lover. 

"Shhh...everything is fine. I'm here, I'm here..." soothed Chanyeol, as he held Baekhyun's hand and pressed it to his heart. "Don't worry...Just rest." and Baekhyun's eyes closed once more.

-

When he woke up the following day, he didn't feel hurt anymore. The burning was gone, and he could see much better now. He turned his head to the side, and saw Chanyeol sleeping soundly beside him, their fingers intertwined. He smiled at him, even though Chanyeol can't see him. He softly caressed Chanyeol's hair, and the boy snuggled closer to Baekhyun. Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol's peaceful face, and realized that he had never took some time to observe the details carefully. He noticed how Chanyeol's eyes fluttered when he's sleeping; his cheeks were white and smooth; his lips formed a pout, which Baekhyun found adorable. Without a second thought, he leaned towards Chanyeol and kissed him softly on his forehead.

It was...nice.

"Missed me that much, Baekkie?" 

Baekhyun immediately leaned back, staring at Chanyeol in shock. Chanyeol was smiling at him mischievously, a wide grin spread across his cheek. Baekhyun felt himself blush, his face turning scarlet red. Chanyeol chuckled and sat up, pulling Baekhyun up with him.

"So, did you miss me?" asked Chanyeol. Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something, but the Chanyeol cut him off.

"I know you did." teased Chanyeol. Baekhyun slapped him on his back playfully, but it was true that he did miss Chanyeol. 

"What about you?" asked Baekhyun. He was surprised that his voice wasn't as raspy as it was yesterday. 

Chanyeol didn't say anything. Instead he pulled Baekhyun into his arms and hugged him tightly. Baekhyun didn't know what to do, so he awkwardly hugged back.

"Everyone thought you were going to die..., but I didn't. I knew you were going to live, because I believed in you. You're strong, and you will live..." said Chanyeol, trailing off at the end. He started sniffing, and Baekhyun assumed he was crying. Baekhyun started to feel teary as well.

"I'm glad you're back." whispered Chanyeol. 

"So am I." replied Baekhyun.

-

The first day Baekhyun returned to the training session, he was welcomed with a huge applause among the trainees. Everyone congratulated on the recovery, and they called him a hero. Baekhyun quickly explained that he wasn't a hero and that everyone all risked their lives so everyone is a hero too. The training session went on smoothly.

However, at the clan, there was someone that acted quite strangely.

Baekhyun couldn't quite put a finger on it, but he felt that person was being a bit...distant. Though they were never very close, the person's behavior was very strange and distinct. Baekhyun caught him staring at his way for many times, and he would always look away guiltily. It made Baekhyun very uncomfortable and self-conscious, and it made him wonder if he did anything wrong.

Baekhyun would ponder at night: what exactly did he do to upset their leader?

...

A/N: finally some of Baekhyun's story:) sorry for taking so long...I've lost some of my subbies because I don't update that often, but I couldn't make time>< 

Also I wonder if any of you would like to beta for me?? I really don't have much time to check my work and I often end up making a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes so I would really appreciate it if anyone of you would like to help me go over my story and pick out the mistakes!! Of course, the beta will be listed credited:))))

And lastly, lots of love for my upvoters!

Thank you:

 EXOFAN4EVA, BLAQ_Finity, TheCrazy15, AnggySam, ShiningCherry, theHottestELF, baekyeology, HyoMi07, jennie28, Tatsmato20, fanfic, hanhyunhyo, Donghae98, kiwi_cat_1, lizluvsu