Chapter 15

The Wolf and the Beauty

A/N: not edited>< sorry if there are any mistakes 

-

At night, Chanyeol arrived at the clearing with the rest of the wolves. Everyone seem relieved that the war is over. They all filed back to their caves, getting back on track with their lives.

Chanyeol went to Baekhyun's cave, to check on him. He prayed deeply that Baekhyun wasn't hurt, that he had heard wrong, that everything was fine....

"Baekkie...?" called Chanyeol. He poked his head inside Baekhyun's cave.

"Chanyeol!" it was Sehun who responded. Sehun frantically pushed Chanyeol out of their cave. Chanyeol frowned.

"What are you doing, Sehun?" questioned Chanyeol, a bit confused about Sehun's doings.

Sehun gulped and his eyes were fluttering nervously. "Ummmm......" mumbled Sehun.

This is strange, thought Chanyeol.

"What happened, Sehun." asked Chanyeol, with a stern look on his face.

Sehun sighed and dropped his head. "Baekhyun is...." he trailed off.

Chanyeol gritted his teeth, knowing where this was going. "Is what?" he asked.

"He got bitten by one of wolves from YG clan. He should be waking up, but he hasn't. I asked Lay, he said it was coma. But the weird thing is that I don't think Baekhyun can heal himself because the wound on him is still clear, and—" 

Chanyeol cut Sehun off and pushed through him, entering their cave. There was Baekhyun, lying motionless on the ground, his breathing so shallow you can barely hear it. Chanyeol's heart tightens, and he fought back the tears that were about to rush out.

"Who. Did. This." he growled, his eyes turning red.

"Seungri..." replied Sehun. Chanyeol was fuming. He ran outside the cave and went into Kris's cave without even asking for permission.

"Kris!" he shouted. Kris turned around abruptly, surprised by Chanyeol's intrusion. "Chanyeol, I didn't say you could come in."

"Baekhyun's hurt! He can't heal himself, and he's not waking up! Someone has to pay! You have to do something!" hollered Chanyeol.

"Calm down, Chanyeol—" 

"I can't! Baekhyun is hurt! Didn't you hear me!" 

"Chanyeol." said Kris. The tone of his voice made Chanyeol cower.

Kris sighed. "I know you're worried, but Lay will heal him. He'll be fine." 

Chanyeol took a deep breath. "But Lay said that he should be waking up by now, it's not normal to still be unconscious..." 

Then finally the tears came streaming down his face. He let out a huge sob, trying to stop his crying. Kris pulled Chanyeol into his arms, comforting him.

"You have to be strong for him, Chanyeol. If you love him, you'll keep fighting for him." said Kris. Chanyeol nodded, choking back the tears.

...

The next morning, Kris announced that everyone can take a day off today and just rest. Most of the trainees went back to sleep, but not Chanyeol. He got up early and went to Baekhyun's cave. Sehun was lying close to Baekhyun, his postion was as if he had been watching out for him at night and fell asleep when he couldn't stay up anymore. Chanyeol muttered a silent "thank you" to Sehun and went up over to Baekhyun. 

"Baekhyunnie..." he gently whispered. Baekhyun didn't move a bit.

"Baekhyun, it's Chanyeol." he said again, louder this time. Baekhyun still didn't move.

"Baekhyun, please wake up." he pleaded. "Please..., just answer me ok?" 

No response. Chanyeol looked over to Baekhyun's wound. Sehun was right. The wound hasn't closed, there was still flesh out in the open. Chanyeol lay down beside Baekhyun, whispering into his ear.

"Does it hurt, Baekkie? Tell me." he whispered. 

"You did a great job yesterday, I heard you helped Sehun fight off a wolf."

"I wished I had been there to see that, you must've been so handsome."

"Kai is fine, he's already walking properly. Kyungsoo cried when they reunited."

"I think Suho will be fine, he can heal himself."

"Why can't you heal yourself Baekkie? Why are you still hurting?"

"Tell me, Baekkie. Please tell me." 

...

In the late afternoon, most of the trainees had got up and were running around in the woods, carefree like nothing happened yesterday. Kai had recovered fully, he and Kyungsoo were chasing each other around ; Xiumin and Tao chatted away busily. But not Chanyeol. Chanyeol stayed beside Baekhyun, waiting for him to wake up.

At first Sehun had been there with him, but later on he got bored and went out to find Luhan. Lay had came in several times to check on Baekhyun, he was, too, confused about Baekhyun's coma.

"Why is this happening..." muttered Lay. 

"It's not normal, right? He should be waking up." urged Chanyeol. Lay sighed.

"We just have to wait. I think it's because he lost too much blood when he got bitten, but still, he should be recovering...."

Lay said nothing afterwards and applied some medicine onto Baekhyun's wound. Chanyeol watched carefully, hoping would at least wince when Lay touched his wound. But no, Baekhyun didn't even budge.

Chanyeol sighed in despair. He felt guilty, because he was the one that had assured Baekhyun that everything will be alright, then left him to fight while he pretty much did nothing. 

It's all my fault, Baekkie...if only I had stayed behind to guard you, if I had been there to support you, if I had made sure you did great during the training sessions...

If I hadn't brought you here in the first place...

Chanyeol broke down, murmuring apologies to Baekhyun, even though he knows that Baekhyun can't hear him.

...

Sehun trailed alongside with Luhan, the two lovebirds running in the woods. But somehow, Sehun couldn't relax. His mind kept replaying the moment Baekhyun was bitten.

Seungri opened his mouth. 

"Goodbye, little guy." he taunted.

Baekhyun howled.

The scene was stuck in his mind. He cursed himself for not being to fight Seungri off of Baekhyun; he cursed himself for being too late; he cursed himself for not being to stop it when he had the chance. Baekhyun was, in some way, his friend, and seeing him lying there like that, half-alive, Sehun couldn't help but let out a huge sigh.

"What's wrong, Sehunnie?" asked Luhan, his eyes full of concern. 

"It's just..." started Sehun. He sighed again.

"You know you can tell me." said Luhan.

Sehun nodded. "Have you ever wished you could go back in time and change the past?" he asked.

Luhan thought about it for a moment. "If I could undo all my mistakes, then maybe. But then again, we all learn from mistakes. Mistakes are there to remind you, to warn you, not to do it again. I think that if I undid all my mistakes, I would make those mistakes again, when I come back to the future. Because they were meant to happen, and you can't change that."

Sehun nodded. But what if you undo one mistake and save a life?

"Why do you ask?" asked Luhan.

"It's the thing with Baekhyun." replied Sehun. "I feel like if I had been one step earlier, I could've saved his life."

"But you did. You brought him him back here, and he's still alive." 

"Half-alive." said Sehun, wincing.

"You did your best, Sehunnie, what's done is done. You did what you had to do, and you did it perfectly. You saved Baekhyun, if you hadn't been there, Baekhyun would've been dead already." stated Luhan.

"Really?" said Sehun with a small voice.

Luhan nuzzled his head against Sehun's neck. "Really."

Sehun let out another sigh. But this time, it was a sigh of relief.

...

A/N: a hiatus update... I have no idea when the next chapter will be up>< and please don't leave me!! I'm begging!