Chapter 13

The Wolf and the Beauty

The smirk on Lee Hi and Seungri's faces were getting bigger as the howl died down. Baekhyun tried to convince himself that he had heard wrong, that he's was too focus on the fighting and the howl was delusional. But looking at Sehun's shocked expression, he realized that the howl was real.

"Well, well, well, looks like you're clan is falling now, huh?" sneered Seungri. Lee Hi giggled in a high tone, sending shivers down Baekhyun's spine. It can't be it can't be it can't be it can't be...

"We withdraw." said Sehun. Seungri scoffed. 

"Do you even know the meaning of 'withdraw'? It means we're taking you guys as prisoners." explained Seungri. Sehun gritted his teeth, he was infuriated. The red in his eyes were glowing and Baekhyun could feel Sehun's dark aura.

"We'll give you a second chance. Withdraw, or fight?" said Lee Hi in a falsetto. Baekhyun is getting tired of the shrilly tone.

Sehun and Baekhyun exchanged a glance. They both nodded.

And they lunged forward. 

For Suho..., thought Baekhyun.

...

Chanyeol's ears perked up as the howl rang thought forest. It caught everyone's attention, and they started to murmur.

"Oh my, was that Suho?" asked one of the elders. 

"We're not sure yet." said Chen, though he knew the sound very clearly: it was the sound of their Beta. 

"Everyone please calm down." said Lay's apprentice, but no one would listen to him. Chanyeol turned to faced them shushed them.

"Calm down. It'll be fine." his voice boomed through the camp site. Everyone shushed.

First Kai, now Suho...they can't lose anymore of their skilled wolves now. Baekhyun, thought Chanyeol, you have to be okay...

A tiny wolf was spotted running their way, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo stood up straight and faced the intruder. Thankfully, it wasn't someone from the YG clan. It was Sungjong, a wolf from the Woollim clan.

"I was sent to give the news." he said, panting heavily from the running. Chanyeol nodded and gestured for him to go on.

"Your Beta, Suho, was hurt badly. It wasn't life-threatening, but he'll need some time to recover. They need one more wolf on the field." said Sungjong. 

"I'll go." volunteered Chanyeol. 

"No, I'll go." said Chen. "It's too dangerous for a trainee to go onto the main battle field."

"But Kai was there!" protested Kyungsoo. "If it was dangerous, why did they sent him up there?!" he was about to burst into tears from this injustice.

"Just stay here and protect them. I'm counting on you guys." ordered Chen. Then he disappeared in the forest with Sungjong.

"Now what do we do?" asked Kyungsoo. Chanyeol sighed.

"What we were doing." he replied. 

...

Baekhyun spat out blood as he teared his teeth away from Seungri's back. Seungri winced in pain and stumbled backwards. Baekhyun was catching his breath. The fight had been going on for too long, but this bite ought to bring Seungri some serious pain.

Sehun and Lee Hi were still fighting. Sehun looked worn out already, so Baekhyun decided to help him now, since Seugnri was too injured to keep fighting. He attacked Lee Hi from behind, biting onto her tail and she shrieked. She backed up, glaring at them both. Baekhyun and Sehun snarled at her, and she jumped in fear. 

"Seungri! Help!" she winced. Seungri groaned in pain and stood up. But Baekhyun turned around swiftly and growled at Seungri. But something was strange: the bite marks on Seungri's back were almost invisible now. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. 

"How...?" he asked. Seungri's smirked. "Don't you know that a wolf has the ability to heal its own wounds?" 

Baekhyun looked back at the scar on Sehun's ears: they were gone. So was Lee Hi's bite marks.

Seungri took this chance to attack. He jumped onto the defenseless Baekhyun who was a bit too late to dodge. Sehun went over and tried to pry Seungri off, but Lee Hi pulled him backwards, making the both of them stumble. Baekhyun tried to wriggle out of Seungri's grasp, but Seungri recovered too fast. He was as strong as he was before. 

"Goodbye, little guy." taunted Seungri. He opened his mouth, his fangs baring, and bit down.

Baekhyun howled. 

...

Chanyeol shook his head. No, it's not Baekhyun's sound, it's not it's not it's not—

"Oh my god, Baekhyun..." said Kyungsoo. Chanyeol gritted his teeth. 

"It's not him!" he argued. "It's not him! It can't be him!" 

"Calm down, man—" 

"Calm down?! Baekhyun's hurt!" 

"Yeah, I know, and so is Kai. You think I won't understand but I know it better than you." 

Chanyeol stepped back. His head dropped. "It's not him..." he can feel the tears coming.

"He's with Sehun, it'll be fine." comforted Kyungsoo. "Kai and Baekhyun will be fine." 

"You're lying." whimpered Chanyeol.

"Well, if it helps, then why not lie?" 

...

Baekhyun gasped for breath as he felt Seungri tear his teeth away from his torso. The blood was flowing out like a waterfall, and he can feel his vision become blurry. 

"We're done here. Let's go, Lee Hi." said Seungri. Baekhyun heard the sound of footsteps distanced away. Sehun rush over to him. 

"Holy..." gasped Sehun. He quickly transformed back to a human and picked Baekhyun up. He used one hand and presed it on the wound to stop the bleeding. Baekhyun shrieked at the pain the hand caused.

"Sorry!" murmured Sehun. He tried to run as fast as he can back to the clan. Lay's cave were packed with injured wolves from different clans. When Lay saw Sehun running in with Baekhyun, his eyes widened and immediately dropped what he doing and hurried over.

"Who did this?" he asked. Sehun grimaced.

"Seungri." replied Sehun. They carried Baekhyun into his cave and Lay took out some medicine for him to rub against the wound. Baekhyun shouted in agony, and Sehun did his best to calm him down.

"Just another moment, Baekhyun, just hang on for a while..." said Sehun, even though he was panicking himself. 

Thankfully the bleeding stopped. But Baekhyun still lay motionless on the ground.

"Baekhyun?" asked Sehun. "Can you walk?" 

No response. 

"Baekhyun? That's not funny, answer me." 

No response. 

"Lay?" called Sehun. Lay ran over. "What wrong?"

"He's not responding." said Sehun.

Lay pressed a finger against Baekhyun's neck. "There's still a pulse. It could be coma."

Sehun tensed. "What do we do?" he asked.

"Bring him back to your cave and let him rest for a while." instructed Lay. Sehun nodded and picked Baekhyun up. Baekhyun was slowly changing back to a human form. 

Baekhyun's eyes were closed. His breathing was uneven, and he looked on the brink of death. Sehun was worried sick. What if he doesn't wake up?

...

Chanyeol paced back and forth. Baekhyun please be fine please be fine...

"Will you please stop?" complained Kyungsoo. "It's getting really annoying." 

"I'm just nervous, ok? God, why isn't it over yet?" murmured Chanyeol.

A rustle was heard for the bushes, and Tao appeared. 

"The YG Clan lost. They forfeit." he said.

The pack relaxed. Everyone exchanged sighs of relief. 

"Let's go back then." said Chanyeol. 

...

A/N: .....umm yeah. This is the update of the war. Yes I know it's short but every story has a turn~~ please wait for even more surprises !! And please read this story I wrote :))

Loving Him Was Red its TaoRis:)))