Chapter 10

The Wolf and the Beauty

When Kris came back from the meeting with other alphas, everyone knew there was something wrong. Kris looked anxious, and it made everyone nervous.

"What happened?" asked Suho.

Kris sighed before speaking. "We have been declared war."

Everyone gasped. The crowd started to gossip immediately. 

"Which clan?" asked Suho.

"...The YG Clan." he announced. "They declared war to all of the clans."

"Isn't that like suicide?" "What are they thinking?" popped up from the crowd. Kris shushed everyone down.

"From now on, we start training at the crack of dawn, end training at sundown. I want each of the trainees to be as strong as they can. As for the babies...they will be taken to human territory for a while." he announced. 

Everyone was panicking. Whenever there's war, it would be just complete chaos, no matter who wins. But in order to defend themselves, they have no choice.

...

Baekhyun stared nervously at the ground, not believing what he just heard. War? Between wolves? He has a feeling this isn't going to look pretty... 

"Time for training, Baekkie." said Chanyeol with a big smile on his face. 

"How can you be so happy? Kris said there is going to be war!" said Baekhyun. Chanyeol lost the grin.

"Well, might as well be happy while we can." he stated. He placed one arm around Baekhyun's shoulder, and they walked to into the woods.

...

"Before I start today's lesson, I would like to congratulate Baekhyun on finally transforming as a wolf." announced Chen. The crowd applauded, some patted Baekhyun's back and said encouraging words. Baekhyun smile at them. Well, then, there's no turning back now...

"Which means I won't be cutting any slacks on you, Baekhyun." continued Chen. "You better be ready." 

"Bring it on." said Baekhyun. 

They trained for the entire day, and Baekhyun was feeling a little worn out. But it wasn't just him, most of the wolves were starting to get tired too: Kyungsoo kept complaining that his feet hurt, Xiumin's back ache, Kai's sore jaw, almost everyone was worn out. But since Kris gave the order, Chen and Luhan had to keep pushing them. Sehun was the one that didn't really complain, he just sat in the corner watching the rest of them. Baekhyun had always been curious about Sehun: why didn't like to be with other guys? Just when he was about approach Sehun, Chanyeol tackled him from behind.

"I'm so tired, Baekhyun." he whined, leaning on Baekhyun's back. Baekhyun tried to wriggle out of his hold, but eventually he gave up.

"Hey, a war is coming, so no PDA!" shouted Kyungsoo, pointing accusingly at Chanyeol and Baekhyun.  Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at Kyungsoo.

"You could do some PDA with Kai if you want..." he teased. Kyungsoo immediately turned red, looking down sheepishly. Thankfully, Kai was busy doing something else then, so he didn't hear what they were saying. The trainees laughed, even Sehun managed a small smile. But a while later, he disappeared into the woods silently, and no one took notice of it.

Baekhyun looked to the spot Sehun was in, and realized he was gone. "Where's Sehun, guys?" he asked. 

"Probably ran off with Luhan or something." said Kyungsoo sourly. "Don't mind him, he's been a loner since the first day I met him." 

Baekhyun shook his head in irritation. Kyungsoo can be fun, but he's really annoying sometimes. He decided follow Sehun's scent and find him. He has always been curious about that youngster. Why was he so lonely? He thinks maybe they have something in common, and they could be friends. It was Baekhyun's habit; he likes making friends and helping others. Chanyeol followed him.

"Where are we going Baekkie?" he quietly whispered. Baekhyun didn't realized Chanyeol followed him and jumped back in surprise. 

"Jeez, you scared me, Chanyeol." he whispered back. Turning his head back on the road and focused on Sehun's scent, he explained what he wanted to do.

"Maybe I can find out what happened to Sehun." he finished. Nothing was heard from Chanyeol until he snorted. 

"Listen Baekkie, Sehun doesn't like talking. He only talks when he needs to or when he's really irritated(which would be ranting), and he only speaks to Luhan. So I don't think we are going to make him talk." said Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun pouted. "Well, you didn't have to come with me." he retorted. Chanyeol's ears shot up. He ran in front of Baekhyun and blocked his way.

"I just wanted to make sure you're safe." he explained. Baekhyun smirked.

"Or maybe you're jealous." he teased. Chanyeol's face reddened. "I'm—I'm not." he stuttered.

"Then just be quiet and follow me." said Baekhyun, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

...

Sehun took a stroll along the borders of the "Field of Red." The story of the cannibals has always sparked his interest. Contrary to other's who find the place spooky and dangerous, he finds it calming. The cannibals were outcasts for a reason: because they were different.

Not that he felt any sympathy for the cannibals, but he feels quite related to them. His own mother ran away the minute he was born, leaving him to share other wolves' mother. His own father died in a battle before he even had a chance to see him. Every wolf in the pack look at him differently. He can see the pity in their eyes when they look at him, and to be honest, he disliked it. He was somewhat an outcast too.

His ears shot up when he heard a rustling in the bushes. He growled and turned his head.

"Ouch! Chanyeol, don't push me!" hissed Baekhyun. Sehun raised an eyebrow in confusion. And then, Baekhyun rolled out of the bushes. 

"Oof!" he groaned. Then he saw Sehun, who was looking at him like he was a kid who got in trouble. He managed an awkward smile, and Sehun smiled back sarcastically.

"Baekhyun, are you okay?" called Chanyeol, jumping out of the bushes and landed on Baekhyun who was still lying on the ground.

"Ow!" cried Baekhyun. Sehun covered Baekhyun's mouth with his hand.

"Don't shout here, idiots." he warned.  Chanyeol widened his eyes.

"That's the 97, 98, 99, and 100th words I have ever heard you say." joked Chanyeol. Sehun smiled sarcastically, and led them out of the Field of Red.

...

"So what do you want?" asked Sehun. Baekhyun cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Umm, I just wanted to see what you were doing." he said, smiling. Sehun wasn't convinced.

"Huh." he voiced. Chanyeol shuffled nervously on the side, and he exchanged glances with Baekhyun. 

"Go away." said Sehun. Baekhyun tried to change his mind, but Sehun just repeated the same thing.

"Go away. Now." he said again. Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something, but Chanyeol nudged him and told him to go.

"I told you. Let's go." whispered Chanyeol. Baekhyun's head dropped in disappointment. He turned around to leave. But he faced Sehun once more before going.

"You don't have to keep it all inside, Sehun. And you know what, I know exactly how you feel."said Baekhyun, then he left with Chanyeol.

Sehun watched them leave, the last sentence ringing in his mind.

...

A/N/ um...ok this chapter is perhaps a bit boring but I promise the upcomings one will be great. We haven't even reached the most important part of the story!! =^= so keep reading thanks. 

And a little question for you: should the next one be...?

1)bonus chapter

2)main storyline

please comment and tell me!!