0 0 9

Back To 1953

”Tell me Jongdae” Yixing said as he was playing with the water inside one of the cups. “Are you good at mixing DNA’s?”

Jongdae swallowed, Yixing gazed at Jongdae. He had never seen Yixing looking this intense about something before.

Jongdae shook his head and ruffled with his hair. “I d-don’t know. I’ve never tried it out”

Yixing chuckled. “Off course you haven’t, do you mind trying it?”

Jongdae didn’t know what to say. He was being pretty sure that this was illegal and not good to do.

“Why do you want me to do that?” Jongdae stammered.

Yixing began to walk around in the room. “I have my reasons. If you do it correctly I might tell you. There used to be a formula for doing this, but I can’t find it. So you’re welcome to try out as much as you want”

“Isn’t illegal?” Jongdae asked.

Yixing shrugged with his shoulders. “I don’t know and I couldn’t care the less”

~*~*~

Luhan sat down on the floor, close to the wall outside the chemistry-lab. Sehun was sitting close next to him. Luhan was sitting jus next to the door and he could see how Yixing and Jongdae were moving in the shadows on the floor.

Sehun swallowed, his heart was beating fast and he didn’t know what to do. He wanted to run away, but he couldn’t leave Luhan alone in the school with Yixing and Jongdae. He didn’t trust Yixing, he never had and he couldn’t understand why Luhan looked up at Yixing so much.

Sehun pulled in the sleeve of Luhan’s sweater. “Let’s go” he mimed at Luhan.

But Luhan just shook his head and placed his ear close to the edge of the door. He knew that as long as Yixing and Jongdae weren’t inside they wouldn’t be able to get out. Minseok, Joonmyeon and Tao wouldn’t be able to get inside as well and help them.

~*~*~

Kris let out a deep sigh; he was standing outside the big door to the school. Guarding it for Jongdae and Yixing. He had much more liked it to stay inside at the chemistry-lab together with the other two, but Yixing had insisted in making Kris guard the door outside.

Yixing didn’t want anyone to know what he was planning and there were times when Kris wondered what Yixing’s real plans were.

Because it could not only be “finding out the truth” as Yixing said, there had to be something more.

Suddenly, Kris heard something rustle behind some bushes just a few meters away from him.

Kris hurried to grab is flashlight and let it wander over the garden, nothing was there.

“Hello?” Kris yelled out into the black night but there was no response.

“Is someone out there?” This time he spoke a little louder but there was only the echo that wanted to be his response.

~*~*~

“If I’m going to mix DNA’s…” Jongdae began as he looked at all the chemicals in the big, white cabinet. “… I need DNA’s from two or more different organisms”

Yixing chuckled. “I know. I will collect DNA from two animals for you. I just wanted to know if you’re ready to take the job. I’m counting on you”

Yixing stretched out his right hand, looking at Jongdae and waiting for him to grab it. Jongdae hesitated for a moment, he didn’t know if it was good or not. But he was just as curious on the truth about their past as everyone else was and Yixing knew something that he didn’t want to share with the rest. He knew it.

Jongdae grabbed Yixing’s hand. “Count me in”

Yixing smirked. “I hoped that you would say so. And also, remember, this is a secret. No one else except you, me and Kris can know about this”

~*~*~

“Let’s leave before they do” Sehun whispered in Luhan’s ear.

Luhan nodded as well and he stood up together with Sehun to later walk away.

Something hit the floor with a loud ‘bang’, Luhan turned around to see what it was. It was his phone.

“What was that?” Luhan heard Yixing’s voice from the lab.

Luhan bend down to pick up the phone and as soon as he stood up again he was standing face to face with Yixing.

“What are you doing here?” Yixing asked Luhan.

But Luhan didn’t have the time to answer his question since Sehun pulled in Luhan’s sleeve and they both began to run.

~*~*~

A drop of sweat fell down on Minseok’s forehead. Kris was walking just in front of the bush the three boys were hiding under. Just one small sound and Kris would find them all.

“Hello?” Minseok heard Kris’s voice. “Understood … What?! ...  I’m on my way!”

Minseok’s heart was beating fast; he understood that Yixing had seen Luhan and Sehun. When Kris was far away from them, Minseok nodded at Joonmyeon and Tao.

“You go inside now. Luhan and Sehun might be in discovered and its bad it they notice us as well” Minseok whispered.

Joonmyeon didn’t hesitate with grabbing Tao’s wrist and run back to the dormitory with Minseok not far behind.

~*~*~

Luhan and Sehun parted inside the school and Luhan didn’t know where Sehun went. Luhan only knew that when he came out of the school once more he felt revealed. Both Kris and Yixing had been hunting them and he was so scared. Yixing seemed to be really angry with him now.

He took two deep breaths before he called Minseok. “Minseok, I’m out of the school unlock the dormitory… is Sehun back yet?”

“I’m not sure; Joonmyeon might have let Sehun inside.” Minseok explained.

Luhan pulled after a revealed sigh. There was a chance that Sehun was inside the dormitory as safe already.

With hurried but yet calm steps he walked towards the dormitory.

~*~*~

The following morning, Jongin and Kyungsoo had asked their teachers about some old class-photos but they had only looked at them like they were some kind of freaks. The only teacher who had helped them was their History-teacher, Jongwoon, who has told them to visit the library.

While standing inside the library, Jongin and Kyungsoo looked at the section called “Seoul Academy”, which seemed to be really logical to have some photos inside.

“Look here” Kyungsoo pulled out an old yearbook and began to look through the pictures.

The first picture on the first page made their hearts stop beating. It was a picture of a guy, who looked exactly like Jongin, and another boy.

Next to the picture were the text: “Dancing Machines; Kim Jongin and Lee Taemin