0 0 1

Back To 1953

Luhan is lying in his bed, its two o’clock in the morning. But Luhan doesn’t want to go to sleep.

He has been doing everything to avoid falling asleep this night; he was out playing soccer with Minseok and Sehun until it was time to go inside the student-house and into the dorms to sleep.

Back inside his own dorm; he had been watching a movie (Avatar, just because it was so long), reading Haruki Murakami’s “1Q84”, studying and he even had a sandwich before he decided to change into his pajamas and go to the bed.

Luhan had never been scared of the dark, he has never been scared of anything and now he’s scared of going to sleep. It was ridiculous.

Well, correction: Luhan was not afraid of sleeping, he was afraid of dreaming.

The past two weeks have Luhan constantly been dreaming about twelve boys, looking just like himself and eleven other guys in his class.

They even had the same names and Luhan was almost 100% sure that they were supposed to be Luhan.

The boys were doing normal stuff; like going to various lessons (they seemed to be in the same class as well), play soccer or just spending time with each other.

Luhan didn’t find those parts of the dreams scary at all; the scary thing was that he had only been dreaming about them for two weeks in a row now. And, they have now came to a spot in his dream were one of the boys (the boy that looks like Luhan’s best friend Minseok) has disappeared and they are now all looking for him.

Luhan remembers the day when Minseok disappeared in his dreams, it seemed so real to him and when he woke up didn’t he hesitate two seconds to call Minseok.

It was around six in the morning when Luhan had called Minseok and Minseok had been pretty annoyed that Luhan called him that early, not thankful at all that Luhan had been worried about his best friend.

Luhan’s heart was pounding really hard when he turned the lights of in the dorm and he covered himself with the blanket.

Who knew what would happen in his dreams tonight?

                                                                      ~*~*~                                    

They were all out in the forest searching for the lost boy. They kept on calling on him but no one answered, no one but the birds that were terrified flying away when they got closer to them.

“Minseok!” the tallest boy called out with a deep voice.

“It’s pointless, he could be anywhere” the tanned boy told the honey-brown haired boy, who pouted disappointed and looked up into the dark sky, there were nothing but darkness surrounding the eleven boys.

“Can’t we continue to look tomorrow?” the light-brown haired boy asked when he noticed the honey-haired boy’s disappointed look.

The other’s agreed and they began to return to the school.

Once they entered the big, red building where the dorms are they all stopped and let out a shocked gasp.

Their friend was lying on the floor, all covered in blood.

The second tallest boy bend down on his knees to check the pulse of the boy.

“He is dead” he noted.

~*~*~

Luhan, one more night, woke up all covered in sweat. He looked all confused around him; he was still in his bed where he had fallen asleep.

“It’s all a dream” Luhan whispered to himself and lied down in the bed again.

He wasn’t sure if he would be able to once more fall asleep this night. Not when he had the image of Minseok covered in blood in his head.

~*~*~

“Hey, have you seen Luhan?” Yixing asked Sehun the following morning at the school. It was five minutes left until the first lesson was starting; all students in class 2C were inside the classroom and waiting for the teacher in English.

Sehun shrugged; a bit sick of that everyone always assumed that he and Luhan constantly were together.

Sure, they were close friends but they were far away from being best friends. Luhan was way closer with both Minseok and Yixing than he was with Sehun. But Yixing and Minseok still believed that Luhan was closer with him.

Luhan was this kind of person that was close with anyone; his cute looks, kind personality and just the fact that he was smart was something that many people liked with him and Luhan was one of the most popular guys at Seoul Academy.

“I don’t know, but I bet that he will be here in any minute” Sehun murmured at Yixing.

Yixing nodded and walked back to his bench, the bench he was sharing with the Chinese-Canadian student Kris Wu.

Sehun leaned backwards in his chair and gazed over the classroom.

The class was not a big class; twenty-seven students and only boys. Since Seoul Boy’s Academy was a boarding school for only boys, just as you could tell just by hearing the name.

The teacher entered the classroom and there was still no sight of Luhan. Sehun was starting to get worried. He didn’t get worried about Luhan but now he was.

Luhan used to be the first person to enter the classroom and when he was sick he always texted Sehun, Minseok, Yixing or Jongin. But now had none of those four heard anything from him.

The teacher sat down behind his desk and gazed over the class and right before he had any time to open his mouth, the doors shoot open and Luhan walked peacefully into the classroom.

“Sorry, that I’m late” Luhan smiled towards the teacher.

Luhan walked to the bench he was sharing with Sehun and smiled towards his friend.

Sehun grabbed a piece of paper in his notebook and carelessly wrote down a few words before he passed the notebook over to his baby-faced friend.

‘You’re late! Where were you?’

Luhan smiled at the words before he wrote back to his friend.

‘Overslept… I need to speak to you after this class’

A few lines under that were two words added;

‘It’s important!’

Sehun chuckled a bit, knowing that Luhan never overslept for a reason.

Even though Luhan tried hard to pay attention to what their English teacher was saying Sehun managed to get eye-contact with Luhan. He nodded and saw how his friend smiled and discretely gave Sehun a ‘thumbs up’.

Sehun couldn’t help but smile to himself, Luhan sure was one of a kind.

~*~*~

When the class, 90 minutes later, ended; Luhan was the first one to leave the classroom and Sehun was not far behind.

Luhan made sure that there was no one around that could hear him before he pulled Sehun closer to him and whispered in Sehun’s ear:

“I had another dream”

Sehun rolled with his eyes; ever since Luhan had his first bad dream Sehun had heard them all. This also meant that Sehun was well aware of how shaken Luhan was by the dreams, which apparently only had gotten worse.

“Minseok was covered in blood! I have a bad feeling about this” Luhan pouted towards Sehun, this was Luhan’s way of showing aegyo to get what he wanted from Sehun.

Sehun knew that Luhan was worried about the dreams, but he somehow couldn’t find them as bad as Luhan explained them.

It was only dreams, right?