0 2 3

Back To 1953

With determined steps; Luhan left Yixing’s body in the forest. He walked back to the school, he needed the others. They would trick the ones who had killed Yixing, but only if they were together.

~*~*~

“So…” Chanyeol gasped. He was still tired and not in the mood for any kind of guessing-games, which Kris seemed to enjoy right now. “How can both Yixing and Henry be dead?”

“Sehun’s kidnappers killed Yixing and Jongin killed Henry” Kris said without any kind of emotion in his voice.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “Jongin did what!?”

“Jongin saved my life” Minseok said when he saw the guilt flush over Jongin’s face.

“I have the feeling that they have planned to kill all of us tonight” Kris said “We can’t hide any longer. They will find us now”

Baekhyun looked around in the room before he stretched his hand into the air. Like a student who wants to answer a teachers question.

Kris chuckled. “Yes, Baekhyun?”

“Where is Luhan?”

Al of the four boys gazed into the ground.

“He wanted to be alone with Yixing” Jongin finally said.

Kris swallowed. “You see, there’s more in this story than we know. Yixing told me everything. The reason why Yixing was killed and why Luhan is the target is because, if Yixing and Luhan are together they are the strongest”

Kris took his time to look at each and every face of his friends. He had to tell them what Yixing had told him before. It might to explain anything, but it also might give them a bigger picture of what really had happened before.

Sometimes, Kris really wished that it wasn’t him Yixing told everything to.

“In 1953, Yixing came new to the school. Luhan was the only who talked to Yixing, in the beginning before all twelve of us became friends. Luhan and Yixing were always closer. They developed deeper feelings for each other and at some point they started having a ual relationship with each other. They have always been in love with each other and sixty years ago, they were a couple.” Kris paused. “Yixing has always loved Luhan and Luhan’s heart has always been connected with Yixing’s. Love conquers all and their love was the only thing which can beat the others. It was a threat and this is why Yixing was killed”

Kris was on the edge of tears. He didn’t know why, but he was very moved by this. Yixing sacrificed his life for Luhan and Luhan might have done the same thing for Yixing in the future.

The door to the room opened. Luhan stepped inside the room. He had leaves in his hair and the blood from Yixing’s chest had dried on his cheek. His eyes were red from all the crying.

“Luhan!” Joonmyeon exclaimed. Tao gasped at how terrible Luhan looked.

“If we don’t do anything now, we all might die” Sehun told Luhan, who nodded. He seemed to already have got the picture.

“And I have a plan” Luhan said and began to sketch on the whiteboard, which was hanging onto the wall.

~*~*~

Joonmyeon and Kris walked towards the cottage. They had practiced the plan over and over; Kris and Joonmyeon’s job were nothing else but trick them to go to the school.

“Let’s see…” Joonmyeon began. Sehun had taught them the names of the seven boys together with an old class-photo. They were now in the middle of memorizing all the names. “Eunkwang… Minhyuk… Changsub… Hyunsik…”

“… Peniel, Ilhoon and Sungjae” Kris filled in while counting on his fingers. “That’s seven right?”

Joonmyeon nodded. “Are you sure that this will work?”

Kris shrugged, the only one who was convinced about this was Luhan. But even he sounded insecure when Baekhyun asked if this plan was water-proof.

They reached the cottage. Kris raised his hand to knock on the red door to the small house. Footsteps were heard and the door shoot open, almost hit Kris in the face.

“Oh, it’s Kris Wu” the person, who killed Yixing and went under the name ‘Changsub’, smirked.

“Can I speak to your leader?” Kris assumed that this Changsub-guy wasn’t the leader.

Changsub nodded and went back inside the cottage. Kris gazed at Joonmyeon, who was hiding behind Kris’s back.

Seconds later, the leader – Eunkwang – came. “You wanted to see me?”

Kris nodded and looked at Joonmyeon once more, wondering if he was about to speak but he didn’t show any signs of it. Kris rolled with his eyes, they could’ve send him to go there alone, Joonmyeon wasn’t any kind of help.

“I’m here on Luhan’s behalf. He’s handing himself over to you, now that you have killed Yixing. He want to meet inside the school in 30 minutes” Kris explained.

A pleased smirk was spread over Eunkwang’s lips. This was what he had hoped on.  “Tell Luhan that we will be there”

Kris nodded and told them that all seven would have to be there. Eunkwang agreed on the terms, if Luhan was alone, and Kris told him that he didn’t need to worry.

Kris left Eunkwang, the cottage and the field with Joonmyeon following.

~*~*~

Luhan twisted on the wheel of gas in the chemistry-lab. Sehun watched every single movement he made.

“Are you sure about this?” Sehun asked, his voice were shaking. “You will survive?”

Luhan nodded, even though he was insecure in his own plan. He knew that he would have to be fast. Run so fast he could. Or ever faster.

A tear escaped Luhan’s glassy eye. “Sehun… please, If I die – “

“You won’t die, you’ll be fast. Chanyeol will be there to help you as well” Sehun said before Luhan could finish his sentence.

“IF I die” Luhan continued, he didn’t listen to what Sehun was saying. “Bury me in the same grave as Yixing. So I can be with him until forever”

Sehun nodded, maybe Luhan had given up. Maybe wasn’t a life without Yixing a worthy life for Luhan.

“I promise”

Luhan smiled weakly towards Sehun.

~*~*~

Luhan was hidden under the table when they entered the chemistry-lab. They couldn’t see him and he couldn’t see them. But, compared to them, he could hear them.

“He’s not here” a voice said.

“He will be here then”

On his knees, Luhan sneaked out of the lab and sat down on the floor next to the door-opening. He picked up a matchbox and lightened a match. As quiet as he could, he threw the match inside the chemistry-lab and began to run.

In a few seconds, the lab would explode. The seven boys would be dead. Luhan had to get out before he died as well.

He counted down how much time he had left in his head.

Three

Two

One